Menu

Rainforest Cafe ?

It's been years since I've been to one, but here's my take:

The atmosphere is definitely really cool for kids. The food is OK. It's good, but not anything you wouldn't find at any other high end restaurant. It's wickedly overpriced, IMHO. You're definitely paying for atmosphere and the experience. I probably wouldn't go without my kids.

I find the food okay but way overpriced. I definitely wouldn't go without kids...I really don't even like going with them. :tongue_smilie:

Not really worth it . . With or without kids.

My DH and I went on our honeymoon in Vegas last fall and had a blast! Neither of us had been and it was a lot of fun. (We did spend a bunch on the kids anyway buying them cool cups and plates, toys, etc that they just adored.)

It's been years since I've been to one, but here's my take:

The atmosphere is definitely really cool for kids. The food is OK. It's good, but not anything you wouldn't find at any other high end restaurant. It's wickedly overpriced, IMHO. You're definitely paying for atmosphere and the experience. I probably wouldn't go without my kids.

:iagree:

I wouldn't go without kids. I also wouldn't take kids under 4--little ones who don't understand that the animals aren't real can get pretty freaked out. Ask me how I know. :glare:

And definitely overpriced. I think it's Wed nights when kids eat free with a paying adult? That would be the time to go. We paid full price one night and spent $90 on one meal!!

would you go to the Rainforest Cafe if you didn't have the kids with you or is it mostly a kid's place? Is their food good?

Yes to both.

Love Rainforest Cafe. Not so much the one in Orlando/WDW (too crowded), but loved the one in IL.

DH and I went pre DD and enjoyed it. I have to say that I like The Aquarium, which is in the same chain as Rainforest and T-rex cafe the best, though-it's quieter and the creatures are mostly alive as opposed to animatronic.

It's a good thing that there isn't one anywhere near us!

I went for the first time a couple of months ago, to the one at Downtown Disney. It wasn't my choice of restaurant, but dd and I were tagging along with some relatives. It was OK. Food was decent but not spectacular, prices were very high, and while the atmosphere was interesting, it was definitely more noisy and chaotic than I prefer. I think it's one of those places to try once for the experience of it, but I wouldn't go there regularly.

Yes! But then again, I'm just a grown up kid. :D Love the atmosphere and the food is decent.

:iagree:

Dc like it but I would go even without the dc yes the food is overpriced but your not really paying for the food, your paying for the atmosphere/experience.

:001_smile: