Menu

Is this okay for a wedding?

It's cute, but I don't know about the puffy sleeves. They are out of style around here, but that varies so much by location.

I prefer a longer dress with a teensy bit higher neckline than that for weddings so that I can dance freely without worrying about it. Mid-calf length is my favorite.

I like the Catherine or the Francesca dress from the same website, for that kind of occasion, a little better.

Edited by Carol in Cal.

I shop at the Nordstrom Encore department for plus size dresses and jeans. Their quality is very good, their return policies are generous, and they have a great selection of very stylish and classic clothes. I think you'll be glad if you check there before you decide. Many of their dresses are in the same price range as the website you are looking at.

A dress like that *must* fit perfectly in the bust area. If you can't return it, I wouldn't risk that kind of money on it, even if you love it.

I do like the color and the neckline, but I don't like the sleeves; that rouching on the bottom could look cheap IRL.

I am going to a wedding the first week of October. My DH is the best man.

What do you think?

http://www.igigi.com/plus-size-final-cut/stardust-wrap-dress.html

I am just now sure. :confused:

Honestly it depends on what kind of wedding it is, is it formal, sorta formal, backyard casual?

Maybe something like this http://www.igigi.com/plus-size-dresses/catherine-asymmetrical-dress-in-emerald.html

or this http://www.igigi.com/plus-size-dresses/true-colors-dress-in-royal.html

or this one: http://www.igigi.com/plus-size-dresses/plus-size-casual-dress/blooming-nights-dress.html

seem a lot more wedding like to me.

I wouldn't worry about what *other* people think - do YOU like the dress? Everyone has their own tastes and stuff, so you'll get all kinds of opinions… your own is the most important. :)

Yeah, this! :iagree: I just looked through all the links posted and I thought they all looked chic! (I also have *no* sense of style! :lol: )

I would tend to lean toward one of the solid jewel tone dresses for an October wedding. That said, get something you love! I agree with the others about not buying a dress you can't return. It's a long time until October, so I would shop around and get something I could try on and return if needed. I'm sure you will rock it!

• 10 months later...

I really like the OP's dress! I think it's very stylish. For those who think the "puffy" sleeves look dated, have ya been shopping lately? Those pleated-shoulder sleeves are making a comeback. But the sleeves didn't look puffy to me.

Anyway, if you've read the "How Not to Look Fat" book (by the same gal who wrote How to Never Look Old), you'll notice the first dress has all the right features - patterned top, solid bottom, wrap style, v neck, three quarter sleeves.... Very flattering style.

I would never buy something I couldn't return unless I tried it on.

This would be my concern if there's a no-return policy.

This dress is not suitable for wedding event because this outfit is a casual wear.

In wedding occasion you wear prom dresses and long tail ivory or white dress,these type of dresses are suitable for wedding ceremony.

I don't know where this poster came from. :confused: I am in a business where I attend high end weddings a few times a month. With the right shoes and jewelry this dress would be just fine unless it is a very formal event.

Just my two cents. I like the original dress, but since it's not returnable I would only order it after I did all the real life shopping I could.

This dress is not suitable for wedding event because this outfit is a casual wear.

In wedding occasion you wear prom dresses and long tail ivory or white dress,these type of dresses are suitable for wedding ceremony.

Wearing white to a wedding??? :eek: