Menu

s/o: THE DRESS! Pre-Royal Wedding Fun- Your Royal Name

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Stacia posted this...

"In honor of the big wedding on Friday, Use your royal wedding guest name. Start with either Lord or Lady. Your first name is one of your grandparents' names. Your surname is the name of your first pet, double-barreled with the name of the street you grew up on. Post yours here.

Sorry, I didn't realize there was more than one thread floating around with all these froo-froo names and stripper names. :D

Mine is Lady Hazel Whiskey of Macassa Court. The "of" works better than a hyphen due to the street name.

My other options were:

Lady Clara Vodka of Macassa Court or Lady Margaret Brandy of Macassa Court. I don't know why our first 3 pets were named after alchohol. I was only 5. :tongue_smilie: Our next pet was Kuddles, so I think I'll stop there. :lol:

Sorry, I didn't realize there was more than one thread floating around with all these froo-froo names and stripper names. :D

Mine is Lady Hazel Whiskey of Macassa Court. The "of" works better than a hyphen due to the street name.

My other options were:

Lady Clara Vodka of Macassa Court or Lady Margaret Brandy of Macassa Court. I don't know why our first 3 pets were named after alchohol. I was only 5. :tongue_smilie: Our next pet was Kuddles, so I think I'll stop there. :lol:

You are making Prince Harry's breakfast party sound even wilder Missy! :D

I have a great-grandmother named Bertha...seriously, this is not getting into the royal linneage!

But, I just have to share that if I had gone a generation further back than Lena Victorious, I could have been Rosanna Permelia Packard Smokie-Main.

I'm pretty sure that would have made me the skanky cousin who ran off with the chauffeur!

:D

Oh, and for the record...I did not get promoted to the adult table until I was engaged to be married. NO JOKE! My grandparents had a lot of grandkids and they carried the kid table thing well into adulthood. Seriously, my cousin and I were both home on the same weekend from college to introduce our new fiances to grandma and grandpa. My grandmother's response was, "Well (humph), I guess there will be no keeping them at the kid table now. Quick, you already married grands had better start having kids because my kitchen table is NOT going to be empty at the holidays!!!"

My cousin Amy announced she was pregnant about six weeks later! Grandma was a wonderful woman, but no one to be trifled with...I guess Amy got scared and since my brother had already done his part and produced someone to occupy the family high chair and she was the second one to be married, she figured it was her turn.

The kids table is still in use. My parents moved into grandma's house to take care of her and host all of the family events there. My own kids still sit at that table. But, my parents have pity on 20 year old dd and let her sit at the adult table. I feel this is a slight against grandma! Until she produces a fiance.........

Faith

I would be Lady Millie Max-Kinney - sounds like I'm from the wrong side of Great Britain.

Lady Edith Rowdy-Walnut

If I haven't commented on everyone, please forgive me -- my laptop is going to be fried by tonight. I am trying to log on and scan quickly -- these two are

priceless.:lol::lol::lol:

To go along w/ our names, we can each get a tacky/wacky wedding souvenir:

http://www.people.com/people/package/gallery/0,,20395222_20477560,00.html

:tongue_smilie:

I really think I need the mug with the wrong prince's picture on it. Or perhaps the William and Kate pez guns?

I must admit, though, that I kind of dig the Knit Your Own Royal Family. The corgis just slay me.

Lady Gertrude Apollo-Pinehurst :)

Lovely.

May I join you?

I'm Lady Genevieve Princess-Chapel.

Yes - you will sit at the 'good' table.

My husband? Lord Mostyn Princess-Lawndale. :lol::lol:

He and my dh will be seated together.:D

Okay, here goes....

Lady Louise Boots-Dixie

My kids would be....

Lady Edwina Natalie-Whitewood

Lord Charles Natasha-Bellingham

Lady Adelaide Bella-Oakdale

DH....

Lord Earl Squeaky-Wehnona

Your kids are GOLDEN!!!!!! You and dh -- well, have you met my friends scamp, lois, victorious and a host of others?;)

But Tipsy-Glencoe sounds so . . . tipsy! You'd fit right in at the nekkid champagne table;)

Actually, though I'd like to imagine myself at the good table, the nekkid champagne table is probably more my speed. :tongue_smilie:

My kids:

Lady Cherry Bailey-Stone Forest (how would you hyphenate that?)

Lord John Bailey-Stone Forest

or

Lady Marcia Bailey-Newport Bay (what is with these two word street names)

Lord Charles Bailey-Newport Bay

My son's names actually sound pretty decent! Ha!

*pasted from the other thread* My husband's would be Sir Esporminio Lobo-Calle Trece. :lol: I'm afraid to ask what table we would be sat at. :tongue_smilie:

If he's ever looking for work, I'd consider it a major status symbol to have a butler called Esporminio.

:lol:

Mad Dowager Duchess Scamp-Thompson

If he's ever looking for work, I'd consider it a major status symbol to have a butler called Esporminio.

Mad Dowager Duchess Scamp-Thompson

LOL Yeah, don't hold your breath. My husband would have to get off the couch to be your butler and I don't see that happening anytime soon. :tongue_smilie::lol:

LOL Yeah, don't hold your breath. My husband would have to get off the couch to be your butler and I don't see that happening anytime soon. :tongue_smilie::lol:

He can be the doorman then. I'll have a little cubicle built with velvet furniture and a dvd player.

Scamp

Edited by Rosie_0801

He can be the doorman then. I'll have a little cubicle with velvet furniture and a dvd player.

Scamp

Is your couch close to the door? The only way I can see him opening the door for you is if he can reach it while sitting on the couch. :tongue_smilie: LOL

Is your couch close to the door? The only way I can see him opening the door for you is if he can reach it while sitting on the couch. :tongue_smilie: LOL

Seriously, the Bootsie-Jones' couldn't possibly compete with me if I had a doorman called Esporminio. He can have his own couch and I'll install a remote control system so he can open the door without getting up.

Seriously, the Bootsie-Jones' couldn't possibly compete with me if I had a doorman called Esporminio. He can have his own couch and I'll install a remote control system so he can open the door without getting up.

:lol::lol::lol::lol: I'll ask him. hehehehehe

The Lady Margaret Charlie-Mourning Dove.

Not very convincingly royal; but in fact the Margaret in question was married to a Prince.

(Better off than dh's grandma, who was married to a Duck.)

Hey, I'm not the only one who grew up on a road named after doves!:D

Mine is: Lady Violet Rebel-Dovehaven

Dh's is: Lord William Dingle-Main

They started out well...:tongue_smilie:

Hey, I'm not the only one who grew up on a road named after doves!:D

Mine is: Lady Violet Rebel-Dovehaven

Dh's is: Lord William Dingle-Main

They started out well...:tongue_smilie:

The road was well-named. One of the most persistent memories of my childhood is being woken up every. freaking. morning. by those obnoxious birds, cooing away in the tree right next to the window.

I quite like Dingle-Main. It conveys royalty, yet borders on p**n star.