Menu

lower ab. pain (down to pelvis), bloating, feel need to urinate frequently

I had a bladder infection and it sounds similar to what you describe. My only symptoms were terrible back pain and needing to urinate more frequently. There was no pain when urinating.

I've had ovarian cysts (tennis ball sized) and it didn't feel the same at all. I never even feel those when they burst.

I've had ovarian cysts (tennis ball sized) and it didn't feel the same at all. I never even feel those when they burst.

You must be superwoman!! :lol: I am in such agony when they burst - it hurts to stand, it hurts to sit, it hurts to lay down, it hurts to breathe, it hurts to laugh, it hurts ... well, you get the idea. I've actually had my appendix taken out when it wasn't needed, because the ER thought all the blood from a cyst bursting in the MRI was my appendix rupturing! I feel very, very bloated and full (I can't really think of a better word to describe it) in the pelvic region when I get the cysts. Which makes me feel like I need to urinate, but I don't. It's always around the time I'm ovulating. Then, about 1/4 of the time they end of popping.

While I agree that it sounds like an ovarian cyst, you may want to rule out an ectopic pregnancy. Is there any chance you might be pregnant?

Yes, that. I am glad to hear the pain has subsided though. I think it could be an ovarian cyst, and if it's the middle of your cycle, it could be mittelschmirtz. For me, when I'm about to ovulate, it can be very painful and tender for a few days beforehand, and then it disappears suddenly (followed by a spike in my basal temperature).

While I agree that it sounds like an ovarian cyst, you may want to rule out an ectopic pregnancy. Is there any chance you might be pregnant?

No pregnancy chance. If it's a cyst, I presume the pain will come back. I just had a uterine ultrasound to rule out fibroids b/c my cycle has varied from 19-30 days. I also just had my obgyn exam. Would either of these detected it?

No pregnancy chance. If it's a cyst, I presume the pain will come back. I just had a uterine ultrasound to rule out fibroids b/c my cycle has varied from 19-30 days. I also just had my obgyn exam. Would either of these detected it?

They usually diagnose a cyst with ultrasound. It would be on the report. Sometimes they can feel it when they check your ovaries.

I've had a similar mystery pain with frequent urination. Still don't know what it is when it happens. :glare: UTI and other tests always come back clean. I've given up. (actually I go to the chiropractor and get an adjustment. 1 wk later it seems to go away. Isn't that weird?)

I hope that since it has gone away for you, that it never comes back!!! :grouphug:

I had a UTI where it didn't burn when urinating. It just felt very full in my lower abdomen. The only relief I got was in a swimming pool. I went for a month like this. Went to the doctor thinking it was something much worse, but the sample showed it was UTI. I take D-Mannose for UTIs and it works much better than any antibiotic. The infection can't be strep based though, or D-Mannose won't work. But most UTIs are e-coli, and you get close to immediate relief with D-Mannose.

If the cyst was there at the time of your ultrasound, that would have shown it. However, I don't know how long it takes for a cyst to go from just formed to ouch! If they can come and go within the cycle, I wonder if it may not have been there at the time of your exam? Somebody on here probably knows... Anyway, I've had a few of them and while it can be pretty uncomfortable, it does seem to come and go within a few days (usually mid-cycle for me).

Hope you're feeling better soon! But if it still hurts/comes back, by Friday I think I'd go for a urinalysis. I've never had a kidney stone, but I know they can really hurt!

Just thinking out loud, putting two and two together (your cinnamon post, abdominal fullness and irregular cycles), do you have PCOS? My ovaries are rather gigantic thanks to PCOS, and when my body's trying to ovulate they do get rather sore and full, for lack of a better description...

Your uterine ultrasound may or may not have included the ovaries, but if they looked filled with lots of tiny cysts (not the giant, pain-causing kind), that probablly would have been noted in the report.

This has been going on since yesterday. I know it hasn't been a long time, but I have blood being drawn on Friday to check for thyroid antibodies and my cholesterol.

Do you think I should ask for something else to be tested just in case?

I vote for bladder infection and my next choice is cyst and third is endometriosis.

This has been going on since yesterday. I know it hasn't been a long time, but I have blood being drawn on Friday to check for thyroid antibodies and my cholesterol.

Do you think I should ask for something else to be tested just in case?

You can be so constipated you are pressing on your bladder. It gives a generalized ache "down there". Even internal hems can make everything upset down there.

So, what should I ask my urine to be tested for, do you think? This is my endocrinologist, and I would rather just ask her to add these tests on to my other.

She wanted my cholesterol checked to see if my elevated tsh has affected my cholesterol. I am in what they call the gray-zone in regard to my tsh # (around 6).

When my cholesterol was tested om 2008 total was 117. HDL was 50.2 while LDL was 58.

You can be so constipated you are pressing on your bladder. It gives a generalized ache "down there". Even internal hems can make everything upset down there.

I went to the bathroom this morning (as I do every morning), and the pain subsided some. It's still feeling a little tender now, though.