Menu

Last chemo done.

Hello. I had my last chemo on Friday. I am really glad and surprised that I am done.

I pray that I will never need more chemo and that in the end I will have a lasting cure.

However, I am very tearful because my parents left today back to their home 17 hours away. Also, a fellow homeschooling friend lost her dh to cancer a few days ago. Two of my three children want to go to school.

I need my hive friends.

:grouphug:

Hey! You were heavy on my mind today, I was just coming here to ask about you, it's been a while.

I am glad you are done, and pray for continued healing.

:grouphug: I am so sorry for your friend. And that it weighs on you.

Kids - well, don't worry about them just yet. Let things settle down a bit. Given a few weeks, they may just change their minds. And maybe God will give you peace about some changes in your home school. The point is, you do not have to decide anything *today* so fret not!

Praying for you!

How wonderful that your chemo is done ~ my SIL is almost finished with hers, and it's been such a hard road for her. I'm amazed at the strength you women find to get through this.

I'm sorry to hear your parents have headed back to their home, and that your friend's husband has passed. It sounds like it's been an extremely emotional time for you guys, but hopefully the rainbow that follows the storm is peaking out from the clouds.

:grouphug: for your kids, and :grouphug::grouphug: for you. Hang in there, sister.

Christine I'm so glad to hear that you're done with the chemo treatments! You're still in my prayers for a complete and lasting recovery. :)

I'm so sorry about your friend's husband. I'll pray for her and her family too. It sounds like you'll be missing your parents, but it may also give you some time to just have some normalcy and quiet at home. Your children may just be looking for a change as I'm sure these past months have been very difficult for them too. Take some time to just be a family, and you may find that before the next school year begins they'll want to continue home schooling. September is a long way off still. :)

Sending you :grouphug:s.

Hello. I had my last chemo on Friday. I am really glad and surprised that I am done.

I pray that I will never need more chemo and that in the end I will have a lasting cure.

However, I am very tearful because my parents left today back to their home 17 hours away. Also, a fellow homeschooling friend lost her dh to cancer a few days ago. Two of my three children want to go to school.

I need my hive friends.

Thank you for the update--how exciting it's your last chemo!!

I'm so sorry about your friend's dh, and your parents leaving, and your children wanting to go to school. I'd be an emotional wreck. :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

I need my hive friends.

That's a lot of emotions all at once. Praying for you! :grouphug:

I need my hive friends.

I'm very happy for you! Mom was told last week that she's done chemo too -- they said she didn't actually need a 3rd round; the risks outweighed any potential benefits.

You say you're surprised. May I ask why? Just wondering if you had a similar conversation with your oncologist as we had with ours.

Mom is facing surgery & radiation now (after a PET scan this Wednesday to confirm results from 2 rounds of chemo). Do you have future treatment plans too?

I'm sure you're relieved to have this phase of life behind you. I'm praying for lasting results and sunny days ahead for you -- and for my mom :grouphug: