Menu

I think I may throw up!!!!!

I'm running my first marathon tomorrow. It's at Disney. The happiest place on earth. I just want to throw up!!!! I'm SOOOOOO scared. I've been near tears all day!

But, my sister, dh, and ds finished the half marathon today! I'm happy for them, but scared to death for myself! Ds finished in an impressive 2:00:58!! Jeff Galloway was impressed. My ds was upset that he didn't break 2 hours!

My sis is doing the full with me tomorrow. We're both injured (she has a stress fracture in her foot and I have IT Band issues), so we'll be walking most of it, unfortunately. I WILL finish - right???????

Jennifer!! You will do great!

My first was at Disney and it was wonderful! Just think about this - it doesn't matter what your time, it will be a PR!

Take advantage of the characters and all the stops out there. It's the only time I've ever seen Luke and Leia at Disney! And Belle was in her gold dress!

Let us know how you do!

I'm running my first marathon tomorrow. It's at Disney. The happiest place on earth. I just want to throw up!!!! I'm SOOOOOO scared. I've been near tears all day!

But, my sister, dh, and ds finished the half marathon today! I'm happy for them, but scared to death for myself! Ds finished in an impressive 2:00:58!! Jeff Galloway was impressed. My ds was upset that he didn't break 2 hours!

My sis is doing the full with me tomorrow. We're both injured (she has a stress fracture in her foot and I have IT Band issues), so we'll be walking most of it, unfortunately. I WILL finish - right???????

You CAN do it! How exciting, Jennifer! I remember your post after your first half marathon and how exciting it all was. Own it, girl!

My friend is there right now. She ran the half today & is running the full tomorrow. She's a cancer survivor and an all around great woman. So if you see my friend, Kim from East TN, hug her for me. :D

You will finish and you will be proud of your accomplishment. :grouphug:

That sounds rough! Those injuries do not sound good! You can hope to finish, but maybe not plan on it. I don't mean to sound down about it, but there will always be another marathon and that's great that your other family members did the 1/2 already! I hope your injuries stay at bay and you are able to finish, but I'm sure you've done so much training to get to this point - you've accomplished so much already!

GOOD LUCK!!!

Jennifer, you are going to do an awesome job, I just know it!! Please keep ua posted.:D

Thank you!!! I will definitely keep you posted!

Good luck, Jennifer! I'm so excited for you (and a bit jealous that I'm not there myself! LOL)! Take it easy with your IT band and just enjoy the atmosphere! Can't wait to hear all about it!!

Have FUN!!

I'm planning to take it easy. Thanks!!!

Disney - what fun! Of course you'll finish. Good luck!

Thanks! It should be fun!!! I'm just not sure I'll see the fun in it when I have to walk so much of it.

Jennifer!! You will do great!

My first was at Disney and it was wonderful! Just think about this - it doesn't matter what your time, it will be a PR!

Take advantage of the characters and all the stops out there. It's the only time I've ever seen Luke and Leia at Disney! And Belle was in her gold dress!

Let us know how you do!

I remember you telling me this before my first race years ago!!! Yes, it'll be a PR!!! I'm scared to stop and take pictures because that'll only slow me down!

You CAN do it! How exciting, Jennifer! I remember your post after your first half marathon and how exciting it all was. Own it, girl!

My friend is there right now. She ran the half today & is running the full tomorrow. She's a cancer survivor and an all around great woman. So if you see my friend, Kim from East TN, hug her for me. :D

You will finish and you will be proud of your accomplishment. :grouphug:

AWESOME!!!!! My sis is doing that too! I'll definitely say hi to her if I see her!!!!

You WILL do it and you WILL do great!!!!! Can't wait to hear from you when it's done!! Best of luck!!

Thanks! I can't WAIT to be done!!!

That sounds rough! Those injuries do not sound good! You can hope to finish, but maybe not plan on it. I don't mean to sound down about it, but there will always be another marathon and that's great that your other family members did the 1/2 already! I hope your injuries stay at bay and you are able to finish, but I'm sure you've done so much training to get to this point - you've accomplished so much already!

I should';ve mentioned that I've been in PT for a month now. I ran/walked 20 miles three weeks ago and I was okay afterward. And, there will NOT be another marathon. I'm DONE after this one. The time it takes to train was overwhelming to me!!!

Best of luck! You can do it! :001_smile:

Thanks!

Good Luck!! My dh ran his second marathon in November. I was just as nervous as he was...he was trying to qualify for the Boston.

Happy Running!

How did your dh do???? Where did he run? Boston is an AWESOME goal!!!

I felt the same way before my first marathon (NYC). Because my stomach was in knots, I didn't eat well the night before. Big mistake.

Relax! Have a wonderful race.:party:

I felt the same way before my first marathon (NYC). Because my stomach was in knots, I didn't eat well the night before. Big mistake.

Relax! Have a wonderful race.:party:

Aw. Nice to know I'm not alone! I seriously feel nauseaus! I did eat a good dinner, so I'll be okay with that. Breakfast will be another story!!! 3 am comes all too soon . . . .

I hope you are already getting ready for bed!

Now, c'mon, you know your chances of throwing up are much higher if you are running a 5K than a marathon! :D That's my story and I'm sticking with it!

Soooo, if tomorrow's your only marathon, GO OUT THERE AND GET IT DONE! (Oh, and mostly, stay ahead of the "sweepers" with the van, unless you feel absolutely terrible!) Good luck tomorrow! I hope you have a ball! And, I love the sign on your back idea. Good idea!

Jennifer, YOU CAN DO IT!

That's right you said you were going to DW this month....time has flown by. And, DL this Sept.

Well, you can do it! Will pray for you! BTW, you should start a marathon group. I"d LOVE to learn how to train for a little one. :D

the elephant enclosure. I ran the Disney Marathon and hit the elephant enclosure about mile 19 or 20 I think? I was already sucking air at that point and that smell almost put me out I think. :)

I did get to run behind the Tarzan character in a loin cloth for a while. Talk about motivation....

:lol:

May Tarzan be before ye and the breeze from the elephant area be away from ye.

Hope to hear you both had an awesome day!!! :D

T

How did your dh do???? Where did he run? Boston is an AWESOME goal!!!

He qualified :D It was the Indianapolis Monumental Marathon. You can see him before and after here

http://thelasthomelyhouseofangel.blogspot.com/2010/11/dan-qualifies-for-boston-marathon.html

You will do great! Remember that it is AMAZING that you are even doing this! It's more than many of us even think about doing!

Don't forget to let us know how it went!!

the elephant enclosure. I ran the Disney Marathon and hit the elephant enclosure about mile 19 or 20 I think? I was already sucking air at that point and that smell almost put me out I think. :)

I did get to run behind the Tarzan character in a loin cloth for a while. Talk about motivation....

That is hilarious!!!

He qualified :D It was the Indianapolis Monumental Marathon. You can see him before and after here

http://thelasthomelyhouseofangel.blogspot.com/2010/11/dan-qualifies-for-boston-marathon.html

AWESOME!!!!!

I hope you're having a fabulous time right this minute!!! :) I'm signed up for the Princess Half next month. It'll be my second race ever, and my first half marathon. I can't tell you how nervous I am! :) But it's Disney, right?!? That's gotta make up for everything else! :)

Can't wait to read your race report!

Sending good thoughts your way!

I've arranged to have this guy |

|

|

|

\ /

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTUT_wHwqNynT91mnPvCD_oSenvaTBbHHkhJYuzrwn3rz4UsNhG

at the finish line waiting for you. I had to use ALL my AmEx reward points -- don't diss him!;)

She's past the 20mile mark, and has should be finished by 12:30pm EST :)

I've been tracking her (and 3 other friends) online today- sooooo proud of you Jennifer!!

I love the active.com site! I was tracking friends today, too!

Go Jennifer!

36247_190378157640751_100000057052906_770151_2592923_s.jpg

Thanks for updating!!!!!!! I was SLOW!!! But, we took it VERY easy and took LOTS of pictures. It was really, really hard and emotional. I CANNOT believe I did it!!!!!!!!!! I thought of you guys a lot. At mile 20 I was sobbing. i couldn't imagine going any further. But, I decided that I could NOT come back here and tell you guys I didn't finish!!!!

My knee feels AWESOME!!!! MY physical therapist was GREAT! Now, I hurt in places I never knew existed!

Now, we're off to Hollywood studios for the rest of the day!

Oh - and my sister finished Goofy. she was BAWLING at the end!!!! She was SO happy.

Thanks for updating!!!!!!! I was SLOW!!! But, we took it VERY easy and took LOTS of pictures. It was really, really hard and emotional. I CANNOT believe I did it!!!!!!!!!! I thought of you guys a lot. At mile 20 I was sobbing. i couldn't imagine going any further. But, I decided that I could NOT come back here and tell you guys I didn't finish!!!!

My knee feels AWESOME!!!! MY physical therapist was GREAT! Now, I hurt in places I never knew existed!

Oh - and my sister finished Goofy. she was BAWLING at the end!!!! She was SO happy.

GOOSEBUMPS!!! I am so dang proud of you, Jennifer!!!!!

Sooooo proud of you!!! :grouphug: I'm so glad your knee/leg feels so good.... and again, so impressed with your tenacity! WTG!!! You did it!!!

:party:

That's amazing! My dh was SO emotional after his first marathon. Great job! Enjoy the rest of your day! I'm impressed you are going out to walk around. :hurray:

ETA: Is that going to be your new avatar pic :)