Menu

Wedding ring inscriptions--what's on yours?

Have we done this one before?

Ours say "you, like snow, like love" It's from "Love Recognized," a Robert Penn Warren poem that was read at our wedding. It is incredibly difficult, I discovered, to find really good, non-ironic poems about love. I re-read this one a hundred times searching for cynicism, and I didn't find it. And RPW is one of my favorite poets, so it was lovely all around.

I'm not sure if it's okay to post the whole thing here, so here's a link to someone's blog where they posted it:

http://tatianna172.multiply.com/journal/item/8

we have "Ruth 1:16-17" inscribed inside our bands.

we had it read at our wedding:

“Don’t urge me to leave you or to turn back from you. Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God. Where you die I will die, and there I will be buried. May the LORD deal with me, be it ever so severely, if anything but death separates you and me.”

My wedding ring doesn't have an inscription, but my engagement ring does----RJV to NMG 5-20-02. It was my husband's great-grandmother's engagement ring (sans stone--the stone came from my great-great aunt's engagement ring which I inherited). We married on 5-20-95 because of it.

No room on mine.

DH's says "Many waters cannot quench love", which is part of our wedding sermon text, Song of Solomon 8:6-7. The entire text (NIV translation) is:

Place me like a seal over your heart,

like a seal on your arm;

for love is as strong as death,

its jealousy unyielding as the grave.

It burns like blazing fire,

like a mighty flame.

Many waters cannot quench love;

rivers cannot wash it away.

If one were to give

all the wealth of his house for love,

it would be utterly scorned.

Erica in OR

*takes off ring to look*

His first initial + my first initial, and 'forever'.

I had to look to make sure it was his first.

Funniest thing: I did all the research on our wedding bands, finding the best prices, and sent him out with sizing and widths to get. He picked out the actual rings, and insisted that they be engraved. Mine is block caps inscription. His is a script. I asked why, and he said, "I didn't think a script would be legible on your band, since it was narrower."

:001_huh:

Like anyone is going to be reading the inside of my wedding band.

:lol:

we have "Ruth 1:16-17" inscribed inside our bands.

we had it read at our wedding:

“Don’t urge me to leave you or to turn back from you. Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God. Where you die I will die, and there I will be buried. May the LORD deal with me, be it ever so severely, if anything but death separates you and me.â€

When I first saw this, I thought this was the inscription:

“Don’t urge me to leave you or to turn back from you. Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God. Where you die I will die, and there I will be buried. May the LORD deal with me, be it ever so severely, if anything but death separates you and me.â€

... and all I could think of, was that those must be some really big rings! :)

I am such an idiot sometimes.:blush:

Cat

Wow, you guys are so cool and romantic and everything. :thumbup:

When we were picking out our wedding rings, I was only thinking about the size, color, and clarity of the diamonds. It never even occurred to me to want an inscription. And I can't believe I'm admitting this.

I am so shallow. But my ring is pretty nice. ;)

Cat

When I first saw this, I thought this was the inscription:

... and all I could think of, was that those must be some really big rings! :)

I am such an idiot sometimes.:blush:

Cat

yea, that would be more in the realm of matching tattoos rather than an inscription in a wedding band, lol. my husband is a big guy, but he'd need ginormous fingers to have a ring hold all that. :lol:

Mine doesn't have an inscription, but I got the inside of dh's engraved. It used to say, "Our love has no end." But at one point, his ring broke and he had to have it repaired. They repaired it right where it said "no." His ring now says, "Our love has end." :001_smile:

Tara

Mine doesn't have an inscription, but I got the inside of dh's engraved. It used to say, "Our love has no end." But at one point, his ring broke and he had to have it repaired. They repaired it right where it said "no." His ring now says, "Our love has end." :001_smile:

Tara

Oh, no!:lol:

I had dh's ring inscribed with "Grow old with me" :)

After we'd been married a few months, I "tested" dh to find out if he knew what was on his ring. He got it right on the second try. :D

Then he grabbed my ring and asked me what was inscribed in mine. (Since he was out to sea before we got married, I bought our rings from a friend of mine who worked at a jewelry store.)

I told him my ring was too small and I didn't have anything inscribed. Then, when I looked at my ring, it said "Chuck and Lara" :( :confused: I was so upset that my friend sold me a used ring!

After some careful detective work, aka a magnifying glass, we realized it said "Circle of Love"

Close enough. ;)

Then, when I looked at my ring, it said "Chuck and Lara" :( :confused: I was so upset that my friend sold me a used ring!

After some careful detective work, aka a magnifying glass, we realized it said "Circle of Love"

Close enough. ;)

:D:D:D

I kind of liked "Chuck and Lara." ;)

originally mine said KM+MSP 6-13-97, but about 2 years ago my hands swelled and I had to have it cut off and they cut it in the middle of the inscription. After resizing it, it now says KM M 13-97

DH's says KP+MSP 6-13-97 (I had my married initials put in it)

We'd like to get new ones and dh said he wants the following...

for him... 1 of 2 Resistance was futile

for me.. 2 of 2 Resistance was futile

Yep were StarTrek Geeks, our dd was even named after the Borg Jeri Ryan played in ST: Voyager.

Ours have our email addresses in them. Mine has his and his has mine. The reason is that we met while I was in medical school but didn't start dating until I'd moved away and was in residency. I hate talking on the phone and also my schedule was crazy as a resident so it worked better for us to email. We pretty much wrote each other daily. At the beginning of the relationship these were quite long emails also, more like letters than something quick. At one point I printed out all our emails for just the first year and had them bound for him as a gift. Writing each other was a big part of getting to know each other and ultimately falling in love. So, although the addresses seem odd to be a wedding ring inscription to most people, to us they stand for something that was really important to us.

"Stay and Fight it Out"

It's from Meade's Council of War, July 2, 1863 at Gettysburg.

Very apropos, we think. :lol:

a

ETA: These aren't our original set - they are titanium bands I got to celebrate 20 years together.

Edited by asta