Menu

UPDATE on Impish!!!

I just hung up the phone with Imp's husband. Imp is at home, sleeping, and in a LOT of pain. He said it takes a LOT to make her cry, and that she cried all the way home. :sad::crying::crying: She is heavily medicated and he's hoping she's going to sleep pretty much through the weekend.

He said that it will be quite some time before we know whether or not the RSV has spread to her face. So please, on top of praying for her healing, comfort and what ever else you're praying for Imp for, please pray that this RSV stay contained right where it is and NEVER spread.

Thanks so much everyone.

And Mariann, I want to publicly thank you for all you've done. You have SO much going on in your own life right now and it was so wonderful of you to spearhead all of this. :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's good that the surgery is over but it sounds like Impish needs prayers throughout the weekend.

well, no, you really haven't........folks have been praying 'officially' and 'unofficially' (which cracks me up! :lol:) for days. But, you can pm me or just let me know and you can have a time slot -- just select one -- I have no difficulty double-booking!;)

And, I agree, prayers will definitely be needed past midnight tonight.

Honestly, I am in so much pain that the thought of her being in even more pain brought tears to my eyes. I am praying hard for her right now and it's not even my shift. :crying:

:grouphug: KH -- You've been in my prayers.:grouphug: And, you will stay there.:grouphug::grouphug: And, isn't it amazing -- sheryl is double booked with you for your slot tonight --she asked me a little while ago.:grouphug:

Me, too.

Still praying mightily here.:grouphug:

And, Denise, THANK YOU! For making the phone call and for your kind words. To para-phrase what my sister likes to tell me: 'I am just the vessel.';)

Now why did you have to ruin the moment and mention your SISTER???;):lol:

aaaw, come on now. Did you at least smile?

Now why did you have to ruin the moment and mention your SISTER???;):lol:

aaaw, come on now. Did you at least smile?

Actually, yes!:lol:

what did I miss? What's happening, KH? And Sheryl?????

:001_huh:

KH has been in awful pain since before Monday (I think) - she doesn't appear to be getting any relief. Sheryl is fine -- she just popped up a couple of hours ago and asked to be slotted in tonight at 9-930 -- so she is sharing the slot with KH which I think is interesting b/c KH needs someone praying for her and her own pain. I must go and eat more plain toast.:glare:

Actually, yes!:lol:

KH has been in awful pain since before Monday (I think) - she doesn't appear to be getting any relief. Sheryl is fine -- she just popped up a couple of hours ago and asked to be slotted in tonight at 9-930 -- so she is sharing the slot with KH which I think is interesting b/c KH needs someone praying for her and her own pain. I must go and eat more plain toast.:glare:

thank you for the update. KH, if you read this, is there a REASON for your pain?

Mariann, is travelling going to post you any danger? I know nothing about gallbladder attacks! But I *do* know they're VERY painful. Can stress bring this on? Are you going to have yours removed?

Sorry for all the questions!

thank you for the update. KH, if you read this, is there a REASON for your pain?

Mariann, is travelling going to post you any danger? No, I will be okay (you are so sweet) -- I am just really 'washed out' right now. The way one would feel after having a stomach virus -- but I have to be up and at'em tomorrow as we have co-op.

I know nothing about gallbladder attacks! But I *do* know they're VERY painful. Can stress bring this on? Are you going to have yours removed?

Sorry for all the questions!

Don't apologize -- no, mine is staying right where it is. I thought it would have to come out when dd11 was born -- in fact the perinatologist was convinced. - I had gall bladder failure during that pregnancy -- dd spent the better part of 40 weeks digging her little heels into my gall bladder -- in fact, in the delivery room, the doc showed dh that my uterus had a bruise on it - (I had a c-section -- 'cause otherwise, you're sitting there thinking, 'boy, her doctor had really good eyesight' :lol:) a bruise the size of a peach. But, soon as she was delivered, it was fine.

This happens maybe once a year -- maybe less - it's odd that it happened, but I had sour cream on latkes last night -- STOOPID!:banghead: -- although typically, that stuff doesn't bother me.

Don't apologize -- no, mine is staying right where it is. I thought it would have to come out when dd11 was born -- in fact the perinatologist was convinced. - I had gall bladder failure during that pregnancy -- dd spent the better part of 40 weeks digging her little heels into my gall bladder -- in fact, in the delivery room, the doc showed dh that my uterus had a bruise on it - (I had a c-section -- 'cause otherwise, you're sitting there thinking, 'boy, her doctor had really good eyesight' :lol:) a bruise the size of a peach. But, soon as she was delivered, it was fine.

This happens maybe once a year -- maybe less - it's odd that it happened, but I had sour cream on latkes last night -- STOOPID!:banghead: -- although typically, that stuff doesn't bother me.

thanks for explaining, and I hope and pray the attack is gone before you start to travel!!!:grouphug:

Totally ot for this thread, but have you tried taking advil or other ibuprofen at the onset of an attack? That is what my dr told me to do prior to having my gb removed.

Totally ot for this thread, but have you tried taking advil or other ibuprofen at the onset of an attack? That is what my dr told me to do prior to having my gb removed.

Thanks for that tip -- I have the attacks so infrequently that I usually don't do anything.......like I did today. I feel much better now, but if/when it happens, I will remember that.:001_smile:

Yes Mariann is awesome!

Thanks for the update.

:blushing::blushing::blushing::blushing::blushing:

Oh, my -- Denise and Scarlett, I am so thankful that this was well-received -- and, that's how I know that the idea was not 'from' me but rather the Lord laying it on my heart --but, i am sure I sound like a babbling fool --

Quilts? Prayer Chains? Educate our children? We can all claim this verse: "I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me"

Phillipians 4:13

:grouphug:

I already PMed Denise but for anyone else who is interested, I have fibromyalgia and chronic back pain due to some problem with my SI joint. I have already used all of my chiro and physical therapy benefits for the year and all of the credit on my flex benefit card so I am basically managing my pain right now with my regular pain meds that I usually use in addition to therapy. My pain is always worse in the winter and the chiro and therapy are the most effective at managing my pain so my pain is at it's worse right now and my most effective pain relief is not available. I am quite sure that my pain is nowhere near as bad as Impish's though and the thought of her pain is enough to scare the bejesus out of me.

I already PMed Denise but for anyone else who is interested, I have fibromyalgia and chronic back pain due to some problem with my SI joint. I have already used all of my chiro and physical therapy benefits for the year and all of the credit on my flex benefit card so I am basically managing my pain right now with my regular pain meds that I usually use in addition to therapy. My pain is always worse in the winter and the chiro and therapy are the most effective at managing my pain so my pain is at it's worse right now and my most effective pain relief is not available. I am quite sure that my pain is nowhere near as bad as Impish's though and the thought of her pain is enough to scare the bejesus out of me.

Praying for you.:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

That sounds just awful!

Praying for you to get some relief from your pain.

Cat

I just hung up the phone with Imp's husband. Imp is at home, sleeping, and in a LOT of pain. He said it takes a LOT to make her cry, and that she cried all the way home. :sad::crying::crying: She is heavily medicated and he's hoping she's going to sleep pretty much through the weekend.

He said that it will be quite some time before we know whether or not the RSV has spread to her face. So please, on top of praying for her healing, comfort and what ever else you're praying for Imp for, please pray that this RSV stay contained right where it is and NEVER spread.

Thanks so much everyone.

And Mariann, I want to publicly thank you for all you've done. You have SO much going on in your own life right now and it was so wonderful of you to spearhead all of this. :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

Oh poor Imp! :crying: Thanks so much for the update. I pray that it doesn't spread any farther.

Thanks so much everyone.

Thanks for the update!

So much pain, it makes me :crying: to even think about it.

Still praying!