Menu

UPDATE on Impish!!!

Just called this morning at 8:30 (20 min ago here) and she's doing okay. She was up at 5 and needed the gauze to be re-packed and re-medicated. There's still some bleeding so we should pray for that too. She did get the "immediate dentures" which will drastically reduce the chance of dry-socket and infection from food particles, so that is a bonus. Let's keep praying! I've seen her tense from a Walmart trip and it affects her RSD pain levels, so I can only imagine how this is going to affect her over the next 2 weeks. :crying:

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll keep praying for her this weekend that the healing from the surgery will go smoothly and that the RSD won' spread. Also for her family that they will find peace and strength through it all. Being the children or the caretaker is difficult in itself.

I already PMed Denise but for anyone else who is interested, I have fibromyalgia and chronic back pain due to some problem with my SI joint. I have already used all of my chiro and physical therapy benefits for the year and all of the credit on my flex benefit card so I am basically managing my pain right now with my regular pain meds that I usually use in addition to therapy. My pain is always worse in the winter and the chiro and therapy are the most effective at managing my pain so my pain is at it's worse right now and my most effective pain relief is not available. I am quite sure that my pain is nowhere near as bad as Impish's though and the thought of her pain is enough to scare the bejesus out of me.

KH,

I am so sorry for your pain.

Can you ask for a treatment now to be billed in January?

Any new updates? I hope she can sleep and get better . . . and eat.

she emailed a little while ago and asked me to relay her deep appreciation for everyone praying, and to humbly ask for continued prayer and sleep. I know she is floored by all of this support, so thank you all! :grouphug:

she emailed a little while ago and asked me to relay her deep appreciation for everyone praying, and to humbly ask for continued prayer and sleep. I know she is floored by all of this support, so thank you all! :grouphug:

:lurk5:Karyn: Thanks so much -- let's keep this front and center and keep it going! :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

Karyn: Thank you so much for providing this link! Bless you!

To Imp: :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug: You are beautiful now and will be more beautiful when all the work is done! I am so glad to hear from you even though you feel cr*ppy!

We are all lifting you up in prayer and love! You have been a blessing here b/c you have brought so many of us togther in prayer.:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

Bless you for that! continuing to pray for relief for you and for you to be covered in the blood of Jesus!

:grouphug::grouphug:

Edited by MariannNOVA

Hey prayer warriors: I asked if there was anything specific she'd like us to pray for in addition to the obvious: pain, no infection, no spread of RSD, happy family... and she asked for this: "a fast recovery would be good, so that I can get ready for Christmas, instead of drooling." then she used this smilie: rotfl.gif It's a happy smilie with nice teeth!

Thank yoiu. updated on grtouyp

That's what I get for having a window open for half an hour and going to play a game with the kids. You updated yourself! :grouphug: So happy you're vertical... I'll give you a shout later to see if you need anything. We're going to Handel's Messiah but I could drop some applesauce by, or pudding, or some extra rolls of duct tape... :tongue_smilie:

Off to see your update...

Praise G-d!!!!!!:party:

HE is faithful! :party:

I sat down about 20 minutes ago to pray for Imp, and about 10 minutes into my prayer time, the phone rang. I typically ignore the phone if I am praying (or sleeping) but I looked at the caller ID and I knew it was IMP!

OMH!!!! Ladies, DO NOT STOP PRAYING!!!! The Lord has been so faithful to our pleas -- she sounds so good! I am so thankful and so happy!

So, that is my update that I am adding to Karyn's 'fast recovery' request from Imp -- please, yes, keep praying -- with 'fast recovery' added to our request.

And, thank you so much! I continue to be in prayer for everyone here who is praying for Imp, and for our other prayer concerns as well! G-d bless all you ---:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

Mariann, I'm SO HAPPY to hear this!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please keep this moved to the top somewhere throughout the weekend. I'll be leaving shortly and won't be back until later tonight. Ladies night!!! A good friend of mine asked me to join her and her sisters for a Christmas party!!!:party:

A PARTY!!!!!!!! You are so lucky!!!!!!!!:D

I am cooking a birthday dinner for my son in law -- he and dd30 will be over for dinner tonight. I will keep this bumped while you are out 'partying' and I'm sure I'll have lots of help here.;)

I leave for NJ tomorrow :auto: and won't be back till Thursday but I will be checking in.

Imp I have no idea where to see your update' date=' but I'll take the word of those who have read it. So glad to hear through the grapevine that you're doing better. :) I was so concerned after the initial report and have been praying for you throughout the day. Prayers will continue![/quote']

(Cut and pasted from Imp's New Smile social group (she told us we could do this):

You guys are just so awesome! Your prayers are definitely helping, so please don't think that the only way to help is 'hands on'.

Its been proven, however, that I am insane.

I went grocery shopping with Diva this am.

I *had* to. I needed crap for my denture (or is it dentures? I only have the top plate...'only' *snort*) and I didn't want to send Wolf. He buys feminine products without hesitation, but for some reason, I find denture products shameful.

So I went, and am now home. Wolf took off with Diva to buy her new boots. I'm not sure if I want to puke, pass out, or both at the same time. My eyes are literally crossing, that's how bad it is. Blech.

There's no doubt in my mind, however, that the reason I was able to even stay on my feet long enough was due to the outpouring of love and prayers that you guys have so generously given.

Forgive me for only updating sporadially. Its not that I'm not thinking of everyone, or that I'm not grateful. I just find staying upright more of a challenge than normal.

Anything I post here can be reposted on general if someone wants to. I'm giong to lay dfown. Sopins have kicked in.

Thanks and love to akll

(Cut and pasted from Imp's New Smile social group (she told us we could do this):

You guys are just so awesome! Your prayers are definitely helping, so please don't think that the only way to help is 'hands on'.

Its been proven, however, that I am insane.

I went grocery shopping with Diva this am.

I *had* to. I needed crap for my denture (or is it dentures? I only have the top plate...'only' *snort*) and I didn't want to send Wolf. He buys feminine products without hesitation, but for some reason, I find denture products shameful.

So I went, and am now home. Wolf took off with Diva to buy her new boots. I'm not sure if I want to puke, pass out, or both at the same time. My eyes are literally crossing, that's how bad it is. Blech.

There's no doubt in my mind, however, that the reason I was able to even stay on my feet long enough was due to the outpouring of love and prayers that you guys have so generously given.

Forgive me for only updating sporadially. Its not that I'm not thinking of everyone, or that I'm not grateful. I just find staying upright more of a challenge than normal.

Anything I post here can be reposted on general if someone wants to. I'm giong to lay dfown. Sopins have kicked in.

Thanks and love to akll

I just love you, Imp! You have a way with words. Get some rest and update when you can. :grouphug:

It sounds like she is doing well. Will continue to pray for fast recovery!

Thank you -- you have been at this so faithfully!:grouphug:

Mariann, I'm SO HAPPY to hear this!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please keep this moved to the top somewhere throughout the weekend. I'll be leaving shortly and won't be back until later tonight. Ladies night!!! A good friend of mine asked me to join her and her sisters for a Christmas party!!!

Sure, leave, go have fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!:glare:

:lol:

Praying for that fast recovery.

Thank you! You have been so faithful! :grouphug:

Sounds like she is doing really well. Still praying for her, and please keep us posted. We are are thinking and praying for you Imp!!!

Thank you! You have been so faithful! :grouphug:

Yeah she sounds good! I have been praying daily, "unofficially" , behind the scenes. So glad for the good updates!!!

Thank you so much!:grouphug:

Wow! I sure hope if I ever have to have some surgery I have all of you prayer warriors behind me!!!!

IMP! I am SO relieved to read that you sound good. I'll keep praying!

And you would, and don't you dare! :toetap05:

And, yes, she did sound so good and thank you for praying!:grouphug:

Bumping and thanking all of you again for your incredible commitment and faithfulness to Imp! Bless you!