Menu

Some people are SO tacky!!!!!

Like, for example, the mom who showed up with her preschooler at the YMCA Halloween Party for kids tonight, wearing a teeshirt that said something like: "I'm the biggest, baddest, b**** in town" with the B word spelled out- in huge letters-.....

I can't even believe people are that brainless, or that tacky. To a kid's halloween party? At the YMCA? REALLY?

Where do they grow these people?!

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol:

May I just say... I love it when we all agree, but I'm waiting for the poster who's going to say:

teehee

LOL! Well, I wouldn't judge someone for owning that shirt and wearing it to... I don't know, the corner bar or something.

But for the love of peanut butter and jelly, don't wear it to a children's party! Please!? :D

The ones that really get me are onesies that say things like "all my dad wants was a bl** j*b" or things to that effect. It's just so crude!! I don't get it either.... poor kids, you know they didn't pick them out, and I am sure a teen didn't pay for those shirts on her own either.

Reminds me of our church yard sale this past summer. A guy and his wife/girlfriend and their daughter, about 3-4 years old come walking up and start looking around. As I walk past them I notice the guy's shirt says, "I eat ***** (think meow) like a fat kid eats cake." And there was a picture of big piece of cake on the front. :blink::blink:

I was so shocked, not only that this guy wore the shirt, but that his wife seemed ok with it. Enough that she was willing to be seen in public with him, and with their daughter to boot!

LOL! Well, I wouldn't judge someone for owning that shirt and wearing it to... I don't know, the corner bar or something.

But for the love of peanut butter and jelly, don't wear it to a children's party! Please!? :D

i used to have a shirt that said "51% sweetheart 49% b*tch - don't push it!" across the front ~ i loved it, but i didn't wear it places where little kids would likely be. ;)

Reminds me of our church yard sale this past summer. A guy and his wife/girlfriend and their daughter, about 3-4 years old come walking up and start looking around. As I walk past them I notice the guy's shirt says, "I eat ***** (think meow) like a fat kid eats cake." And there was a picture of big piece of cake on the front. :blink::blink:

I was so shocked, not only that this guy wore the shirt, but that his wife seemed ok with it. Enough that she was willing to be seen in public with him, and with their daughter to boot!

:eek::ack2::ack2::ack2::svengo:

OK, so I can't say anything redeeming about the OP's sighting, but let me share a quick couple of stories.

Story 1: Woman shows up to my house to babysit wearing a purple tank top. On the front, it says "Saturday Night Beaver." On the back, under her hair, is the logo that reads "P*rn Star."

Story 2: Woman shows up at my sister's high school graduation wearing leather pants so tight that they leave NOTHING to the imagination.

Kicker: This woman, in both cases, is my mother.

:banghead:

(To be fair, in the case of story #1, she had no clue what it meant. My mother really is that naive. She's sweet, but she likes purple and just thought it was a really cute pun. She had never read the logo because it was a brand-new shirt. I quietly e-mailed her a link to 'beaver' in the urban dictionary a few days later. In the case of story #2, she had arrived in brand-new leather pants on the back of her boyfriend's motorcycle (she was newly divorced at the time). My sister and I got her out of the auditorium and talked to her after the graduation ceremony. We never saw either the shirt or the pants again. She now avoids anything like that unless she runs it by me and my sister first. I'm just grateful that she can be taught!)

i used to have a shirt that said "51% sweetheart 49% b*tch - don't push it!" across the front ~ i loved it, but i didn't wear it places where little kids would likely be. ;)

And I appreciate that! LOL.

Uh.. ewwww!

The ones that really get me are onesies that say things like "all my dad wants was a bl** j*b" or things to that effect. It's just so crude!! I don't get it either.... poor kids, you know they didn't pick them out, and I am sure a teen didn't pay for those shirts on her own either.

Yes, I agree, I wouldn't put that on a baby (although seeing the one that said- online, not on an actual baby- "All Mommy wanted was a back rub" did sort of make me smile, I have to confess).

WHAT IS UP WITH GOING OUT IN PUBLIC IN PAJAMAS AND SLIPPERS? Seriously!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rant:

LOL...while I would not go out in PJ's and slippers myself, I've seen people do it now and then like to their kid's bus stop in the morning. It never bothered me though.

OK, so I can't say anything redeeming about the OP's sighting, but let me share a quick couple of stories.

Story 1: Woman shows up to my house to babysit wearing a purple tank top. On the front, it says "Saturday Night Beaver." On the back, under her hair, is the logo that reads "P*rn Star."

Story 2: Woman shows up at my sister's high school graduation wearing leather pants so tight that they leave NOTHING to the imagination.

P.S. I think it's so funny that so many of you are claiming credit for the "where do they grow these people" thing hehe.

Omg! Now that I can breathe again, I just want you to know I almost wet my pants from laughing so hard. :lol::lol::lol:

WHAT IS UP WITH GOING OUT IN PUBLIC IN PAJAMAS AND SLIPPERS? Seriously!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rant:

Hey, now I've gone out in slippers. A couple times last winter I left the house not realizing that my slippers were not my shoes. I've been to the market and I suppose that makes me an undiscovered Person of Walmart.:D

The ones that really get me are onesies that say things like "all my dad wants was a bl** j*b" or things to that effect.

Ok, I am with Larry the Cable Guy on this one, "I don't care who you are. That's just funny. Lord, forgive me."

Now granted, I would actually put it on a baby but it is funny. :tongue_smilie:

Yes, I agree, I wouldn't put that on a baby (although seeing the one that said- online, not on an actual baby- "All Mommy wanted was a back rub" did sort of make me smile, I have to confess).

Ok, I have to bust up laughing at that one. Crass or not, my husband kinda works that way.... men :rolleyes: I admit, if I had seen it I would have bought it, but it would have been an in the house only inside joke :lol:

Seriously why did nobody ask...no insist... that she leave?

YMCA has a manager and if one does not want a personal confrontation get the manager to do it.

People get away with this because nobody stands up to them.

I don't know why. I actually didn't see her until the very end of the party when it was about time to leave, if I'd seen her earlier in the night I probably would have pointed it out to somebody who was working there. I really did find it very inappropriate!

Do you know what I just spent the last... I don't know, half hour maybe? doing?

Looking at pictures of weirdos in Walmart.

Thanks a lot, whoever posted that link... I can never get that half hour of my life back!

Or those pictures out of your head!! LOL

Do you know what I just spent the last... I don't know, half hour maybe? doing?

Looking at pictures of weirdos in Walmart.

Thanks a lot, whoever posted that link... I can never get that half hour of my life back!

After I found out about that website, I started dressing better to go to Walmart.

Now I'm sure some of those people are so desperate for their 15 minutes that they dress like that and have their friend submit the photo. :glare:

One time in my OB's waiting room, this woman showed up with her husband (boyfriend? male friend?) and her four or five children. The guy sat there in a corner and ignored the kids as they tore around the waiting room and the poor woman (who looked about ten and a half months pregnant) begged for an induction. He had on a t-shirt that said "I got dumped on Jerry Springer!" I had such a hard time not laughing. I kept thinking, even if that's true, why would you wear that shirt? And if it's not true, why would you wear that shirt?? :p

They originated here in Hampton Roads VA, right along with those who go out to the store in a bathrobe slippers and hair in curlers.

That's better than the barefoot shoppers I used to see in NC! Who goes to Wal-Mart barefoot? Gross!

I'm simultaneously amused, disgusted, and a little appalled by the poor clothing choices I'm reading about in this thread. I do think that shirt was pretty inappropriate to wear to a party for children, and I'm not even bothered by cussing. It's just that you don't do it in front of people who might be offended. It's crass.

Worst shirt I've ever seen was a guy wearing a shirt that said, "I'm not Mr. Right, But I'll F*** You Until He Shows Up."

We were at a small town food festival that was clearly catering to families. Even better? He was pushing a stroller and had his arm slung around a young woman. Small festival, so we saw him multiple times.

This made me laugh so hard that I cried! :lol:

Cheerleaders from a local high school all have school sanctioned shirts that say, "Save a Horse, Ride a Cowboy". Honestly, nothing surprises me anymore.

I almost had an accident the first time I heard this one the radio. I couldn't believe it was on the radio but I like it. I would have bought a bumper sticker if I had seen one but I don't know if I would approve of it for high school cheerleaders.

teehee

I don't know! You are only allowed to go out in your PJs when: 1. you are escaping the planet with your towel, 2. you are something in PJs for Halloween, 3. you are (or someone in the family is) sick and need cold medicine and/or run out of tampons in the middle of the night.

Oh my heck!

Worst t-shirt I've seen in public read "if you are riding my @ss, you'd better be pulling my hair."

I actually find the "cat" t-shirt so offensive it's funny. (well not really offensive exactly, except maybe to the excessive cake eating kid, but I don't think the shirt should be WORN anywhere ever, unless you are really, really trying to um...compliment your wife)

I shold probably run away now...

Why do people let their teenagers were sexually suggestive slogan shirts in public? I seriously am befuddled.

Edited by lula

I don't know! You are only allowed to go out in your PJs when: 1. you are escaping the planet with your towel, 2. you are something in PJs for Halloween, 3. you are (or someone in the family is) sick and need cold medicine and/or run out of tampons in the middle of the night.

Oh my heck!

Worst t-shirt I've seen in public read "if you are riding my @ss, you'd better be pulling my hair."

I saw that on a bumper sticker. As for the pajama thing, one time my sister and I were making a midnight run to Walmart and I didn't really feel like changing into my jeans, but I did anyway. As I was walking into the store, I saw a woman in the same exact pajama pants I had just changed out of. I commented to my sister, "I'm glad I changed, that would have been really embarrassing." She just rolled her eyes. ;)

Just around the time my oldest daughter was learning to read, we ran into some friends from high school, and the woman had on a shirt that said, "For such a small town, there sure are a lot of crack wh*res here!" What the heck? And guess what? My daughter read it perfectly. UGH!!