Menu

So, what TWTM forum posts do you shake your head at?

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bwahahahahaha!!! Yes, I laugh like that in real life. I'm pretty ridiculous.

I bet my laugh is more ridiculous than yours. It sounds like something that should come out of a horse. Or an elephant. Or a demon. :thumbdown: Then sometimes when I'm laughing so hard I think my innards will burst out, I get this really awful sound coming out of my throat, deep within, that makes everyone laugh hysterical. It is the ugliest sound. I hate my laugh, but laughing is my favorite thing to do. I'm beyond ridiculous.:biggrinjester:

I bet my laugh is more ridiculous than yours. It sounds like something that should come out of a horse. Or an elephant. Or a demon. :thumbdown: Then sometimes when I'm laughing so hard I think my innards will burst out, I get this really awful sound coming out of my throat, deep within, that makes everyone laugh hysterical. It is the ugliest sound. I hate my laugh, but laughing is my favorite thing to do. I'm beyond ridiculous.:biggrinjester:

One of my friends once came downstairs to find me at a GYM because she could hear me "cackling" all the way upstairs. :tongue_smilie:

One of my friends once came downstairs to find me at a GYM because she could hear me "cackling" all the way upstairs. :tongue_smilie:

Wow! I hope it was a small gym!;)

the two of us together would be horrible. ;) People remember me by my laugh, and it's not something I want to be remembered by. Not good.

Please forgive me if you find this offensive, and I really hate to One Up you all, but we recited it in every language known to man, and then wrote it in every language known to man. We were a little tired so we're going to take a little break before enrolling in college, where it's been recommended we teach instead of become students.

I still had the energy to slaughter a cow for dinner, grind wheat for home baked bread, canned 5,000 jars of veggies and fruits, deliver a baby, and guess what? Because of our efforts today, we now have World Peace.

Boy, I'm tired.

OMG! I can't stop laughing!!!! I think you won!!!

:smilielol5::smilielol5:

But my current nail clipping curriculum isn't really cutting the mustard - or steak for that matter. I could continue with it' date=' but what's the point? I've done searches on here for good curricula and have filed away those ideas, but what it really comes down to, is that it's not rigorous enough. I know that's rough to admit this late in the game, but it's not been all smooth sailing. I've worked on this and have come up with several ideas for how to word this on the transcript, but no amount of polishing is going to help it pass as an acceptable honors credit course. Sure, some admissions people may be overwhelmed by the sheer volume of nail clipping course descriptions they've read that day and just gloss over it, but invariably there will be others who will really try to pick it apart.

So I guess what I'm asking is, if we're willing to pay for expedited shipping, get the DVDs that accompany the text, work really hard, and get a tutor if necessary, would you be willing to work with us?

Oh my gosh, I just re-read your post and I'm realizing the problem is me!!! :eek: If anyone is willing to help me work through this, I'll be posting in another thread as I don't want to create a tangent in this one.

Does this post make me look fat? :tongue_smilie:[/quote']

:lol: You are so, so funny!

You had me literally:rofl: HYSTERICAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My line is to say: RESPECT YOUR ELDERS. There I said it. Be nice and respectful. I'm older than you.

I'm sorry you lost your post. :lol:

O.k., o.k. I'll try to respect you, but you don't make it easy! ;) And really, I don't think that line is referring to people just TWO YEARS older. I think it means a GENERATION older. So there. :tongue_smilie:

Thanks for the sympathy. I was all broken up about it.

Yes, it is. You're just jealous, bless your heart. :D

Because of the negative connotations I personally have with the phrase "bless your heart", you may no longer use it on this board in any capacity whatsoever. If anyone uses that phrase from here on out, I'll interpret that as a personal attack and respond accordingly. :tongue_smilie:

Whaaaaaaaat are you trying to say? I mean is this some strange regional thing, because around here it is a compliment.

Because of the negative connotations I personally have with the phrase "bless your heart", you may no longer use it on this board in any capacity whatsoever. If anyone uses that phrase from here on out, I'll interpret that as a personal attack and respond accordingly. :tongue_smilie:

Please forgive me if you find this offensive, and I really hate to One Up you all, but we recited it in every language known to man, and then wrote it in every language known to man. We were a little tired so we're going to take a little break before enrolling in college, where it's been recommended we teach instead of become students.

I often feel like I speak a language that my kids don't understand.

I have a friend who said that, "Bless your heart," is Southern for, "You are sooo stupid."

For exmaple:

Bless her heart, Jane forgot to pluck the chicken before she fried it.

:D

*choke*snort*gargle*:lol::lol::lol::smilielol5:

The "Here's what I'm getting my children for Christmas/holiday/birthday" threads really annoy me for some reason.

It feels like bragging to me? :confused:

Fine. Then when those posts come around (and they will. Believe me, they will) I'll refrain from posting that I'm buying my son a Mini Cooper, black, with the Union Jack on the roof, and my daughter an Arabian Mare. For myself? A stable boy. :lol: (did I say that out loud?)

Fine. Then when those posts come around (and they will. Believe me, they will) I'll refrain from posting that I'm buying my son a Mini Cooper, black, with the Union Jack on the roof, and my daughter an Arabian Mare. For myself? A stable boy. :lol: (did I say that out loud?)

Michelle, please don't publicly say you bought yourself a stable boy. It's just not right.

;)

Again, I feel like I'm one-upping you, but really, I'm just sharing.

We bought each of our kids their own island in Dubai. Dh and I have our own as well. Each of us will have our own boat to use as transportation to visit each other. I know it seems a little elaborate, but we're actually scaling back this year. I hope nobody will be disappointed.

The "Here's what I'm getting my children for Christmas/holiday/birthday" threads really annoy me for some reason.

It feels like bragging to me? :confused:

I admit those threads, and ones where people are talking about the fabulous new house, great new job with a raise, hot new car -- all those make me feel uncomfortable. I'm lucky right now, but I've been through my down-and-out times, too. I also know there are so many people on here who are struggling, or who have struggled, and you are right. It does seem like bragging. Sometimes it borders on downright insensitive.

It's not that someone doesn't have a right to share good news, but it feels to me that, in light of the current economy, it is less than welcome and less than tactfully stated sometimes. Those posts always seem to lead to hurt feelings, and very sad responses wishing they could have some of that good news, too.

So.... I don't post in those threads, and it's usually pretty easy to tell which ones they are, so I don't bother opening the obvious ones either.

Michelle, please don't publicly say you bought yourself a stable boy. It's just not right.

;)

We bought each of our kids their own island in Dubai. Dh and I have our own as well. Each of us will have our own boat to use as transportation to visit each other. I know it seems a little elaborate, but we're actually scaling back this year. I hope nobody will be disappointed.

Fine. I won't buy a stable boy. How about a stable MAN? :D

:laugh:

;)

:smilielol5:

Want my dd's? She kicked me in the knee today, and I'm grouchy!!! :glare:

You pot-stirrer, you!:D

Shake my head at? The ones where someone asks a question but as soon as people start to give their opinions it becomes clear that all they wanted one specific kind of answer.

I love the game ones, the debates on things like the continents and the proper pronunciation of words, the heartfelt ones that are humble and awe-inspiring. . .

:iagree:

You can do either, it's up to you. I'd just not come to a public board to announce it. In fact, I wouldn't tell anyone about it. People are judgmental. I'm just hoping you can avoid that. Have you ever seen Mrs. Robinson?

:lol:

OMGosh, totally funny story about Mrs. Robinson.

Fred Jones (not his real name) is dating Dahlia (not her real first name) Robinson. Fred has this silly "Who is your true love?" application on his FB page. Every day, it randomly picks someone from his friend list to be his daily "true love." Dahlia's mother is also on Fred's friend list. Time goes by and as is common with young love, Fred and Dahlia break up. Within just a few days of this tragic break up, Fred's "true love" application picks Dahlia's mother, Mrs. Robinson, as his "true love."

I laughed and laughed at this, but I'm afraid Fred never did understand what was so funny. Seems the young lad had never seen, nor even heard about, The Graduate and completely lost out on how ironical (ironic+comical) it was that his "true love" was his ex-girlfriend's mother. I've no idea if Mrs. Robinson saw that at all. I kind of doubt it.

I have a friend who said that, "Bless your heart," is Southern for, "You are sooo stupid."

For exmaple:

My Tennessee husband told me that you can say absolutely anything about a person, no matter how awful, as long as you either precede or follow it with "bless your heart."

I have not yet had the guts to try this out on my MIL.

My Tennessee husband told me that you can say absolutely anything about a person, no matter how awful, as long as you either precede or follow it with "bless your heart."

It only works if your mil is not Southern, like, for instance, hypothetically speaking, if she was from Kansas, it would totally work. Not that I've tried or anything;):leaving:.

Is that kind of like how you can say anything about someone, no matter how mean or gossipy, as long as it is in the context of "praying for the dear soul?" ;) :glare:

You can do either, it's up to you. I'd just not come to a public board to announce it. In fact, I wouldn't tell anyone about it. People are judgmental. I'm just hoping you can avoid that. Have you ever seen Mrs. Robinson?

:lol:

Are you talking about me again!? Leave me and Team Jacob alone already, will you?! hehe.

Love,

Mrs. R.

For exmaple:

Oh yes, that is so true. There are a few other southern expressions that are also used passive aggressively, such as , Oh sweetie ( as in I think you are so wrong and or/dumb and I am being condescending ) and Oh honey and so on. :tongue_smilie:

:iagree::iagree::iagree:

I also shake my head at posts where the posters insist that XYZ curriculum is the only way to go or your child is doomed...DOOMED I say!. Especially if they only have young children. I liken it to my childbirth plan with my oldest. I had a specific plan, based on all my research. It was going to be a drug free, natural labor. But then I had to be induced due to dangerously high blood pressure, where I labored for 24 hours and pushed for 3, but the kid had the nerve to get stuck, and the heartrate was dropping, and I ended up with an emergency c-section (where he was so stuck they had trouble getting him back out). Oh, did I mention we were convinced this child was a girl :lol:? Sometimes life throws you curveballs. Sometimes another curriculum will produce the best results for a certain family or child.

Yes, this exactly. I try to have patience with young homeschoolers who are overly zealous about their curriculum choices. I am currently teaching my 5th

child to read and I know that there is no such thing as a 1 size fits all curriculum for any subject. Also, the idea that a 1st grader is going to be ruined if they aren't exposed to an in depth study of ancient history, or the idea that they'll even remember 1st grade history at all :lol:, is an eye roller for me.