Menu

Who do I look like?

And who do you look like? No, really. :001_smile:

I've been told that I look like comedienne Caroline Rhea, but I. do. not. Here is proof:

Me:

meagain2.jpg

Not me:

caroline-rhea.jpg

:001_huh:

Now, I fully admit that I channel Louise Brooks for the haircut, however, I look nothing like Louise Brooks:

lousiebrooks.jpg

So, who do you look like? Or like whom do you look? :lol:

For me, it's ALL in the mannerisms. DD frequently says I look like Jack Sparrow, Edward Scissorhands, etc. because of the way I'm speaking/moving and/or because of facial expressions. She also says I remind her of Snape, LOL, and other characters. NOT the actors, but the characters.

Who do I look like?

I've been told that I look like comedienne Caroline Rhea, but I. do. not. Here is proof:

Me:

meagain2.jpg

I don't know, but the coy turn of the head is kinda like this, dontcha think? Well, minus the bangs, I guess. :tongue_smilie:

And I don't know that I resemble anybody in particular but I have been told that I reminded somebody of Gilda Radner. Umm, yeah. I think it was my sense of humor and expressive face. I keep telling myself that anyway. :D

When I was a kid, I looked like Punky Brewster. Anyone got a current picture of Soliel Moon Frye? (SP??)

And, um.. Jack Sparrow and Edward Scissorhands were both played by my beloved Johnnie... DO YOU LOOK LIKE HIM?? Wow. Can I see? *evil grin* *wink, wink*

(kidding! I'm married! I'm married... I'm married...)

Here's a Then and Now... and I definately don't look like her now!!

Someone told me once that they thought I looked like Sarah Michelle Gellar. Personally, I think they had probably watched too many Buffy episodes at the time, and were possibly under the influence... of something... :lol: Because I sure don't see it. :001_huh:

Okay then.

Here is a higher resolution image my DH took last summer...

I have good news!! Look closely, and I think you'll find that the picture can't be of you. Are you feeling relieved now? :D

Just for the record, I did NOT notice this little detail the first time I looked at the picture. :tongue_smilie:

Well, I don't know about me, but my dd (10) is stopped by little girls in the grocery store and librarians and told that she looks like the "Molly" American Girl doll. Funny thing is, she DOES look just like the "Molly" doll, and her name is "Molly."

Here's MY Molly: (her hair is twisted here, not braided, but it's usually braided)

mollytreeresize.jpg

I get stopped by people frequently to tell me that I look just like Claire Danes. This is not a compliment to me because I don't find her to be attractive at all. I cringe when I hear it, actually. All I have to hear is "Has anyone ever told you..." and I know what they're going to say. Ugh :)

My mother used to always tell me I looked like a young Elizabeth Taylor (when I was young). I think that was very sweet of her, but not necessarily true. But I'll go with that, since she kept insisting. :)

Taylor.GIF

I uploaded a recent photo to this face recognition site, and it said....

MV5BMTg1NzUxOTE2MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNTQzMDgyMQ@@._V1._SY140_SX100_.jpg

Yeah, right! I'm two of her. No, three.

I did look like her half a lifetime ago. Now I look like somebody's grandma!

pre.jpg

I *wish*. Maybe in a fun house mirror, if you squint real hard.

I think the face recognition software needs some tweaking.

:iagree:

My picture was said to look like Billy Bob Thornton (I seriously take offense to that one!!!!!!!!) and Sophia Bush....

In the past I've been told by several people that I looked like Sandra Bullock. I even did a face rec. site that agreed...THAT was weird!

I have been told that I look like Mia Farrow (I used to have the same short hair cut), Sissy Spacek, and MIL says Farah Fawcett because of my BIG mouth. I don't think I look much like any of these people. I look like me:D (Oh look, there's my big mouth showing up on that smiley!)

I did the face recognition and got Jack Nicholson. :smilielol5:

I did that and got William Butler Yeats, some actor with a very long face, and some very ugly male politician from (I think) Germany. I got a few very pretty actresses who I also don't look like. Depending on the picture I put in, I supposedly looked like Penelope Cruz or Katie Holmes. Yeah right. I think maybe Drew Barrymore was another. It made me laugh because I don't think I look like any of them, and I really hope I don't look like the German guy.

When I did the facial recognition software, I got Kofi Annan. He is a black man, and I am a mostly white woman, so that was kinda bizarre.

Many moons ago, before she was super-famous, I got told I looked like Angelina Jolie all.the.time. Actually, I got told I looked like "the girl from Hackers." (I was thinner, she was fatter, and we both had pixie haircuts.)

This continued, but only so long as we had similar hair, so I have no idea how true it is.

I also was told- A LOT- that I looked like Monica Lewinsky. Which, I mean, she's a pretty woman, but jeez, there's just no way to say (or to hear?) that and take it as a compliment.

I have good news!! Look closely, and I think you'll find that the picture can't be of you. Are you feeling relieved now? :D

Just for the record, I did NOT notice this little detail the first time I looked at the picture. :tongue_smilie:

Oh MY! I agree that this can't be you unless there is something you forgot to tell us.

Beansprouts, you crack me up.. Oh my gosh~LOL 529.gif

And this about sums me up right now, too.

You and Annette are both lovely ~ you have similar eyes, but I wouldn't say you look like one another. Whenever I see your face, Heidi, I think of the British actress Anna Maxwell Martin (sorry ~ I can't find a pic to include here). She had a small role in the BBC version of "North and South", and played Esther Summerson in the BBC's excellent adaptation of "Bleak House". She was not portrayed as particularly beautiful in either of those roles, but she's actually quite attractive.

I think people often make comparisons based on hair, which is where the Annette Benning connection comes into play. When my hair is short (and might I say again that you're inspiring me to go that route?) I get a myriad of comparisons to pretty much any woman with a similar cut, including Jamie Lee Curtis. And you know, if you've seen my pic, that she and I look nothing alike!

One night we were watching Etta May (the comedienne) when dh and I both looked at each other laughing and said, "you know, that looks like <insert name of friend here>!" My girlfriend is actually an attractive woman. But there are just enough similarities that there really is a resemblance.

Now, have I ever told her this? Heck no!! I'm just not sure that there is any "right" way to take that bit of information. :lol:

Last night the kids decided I looked like a female Pillsbury Dough Boy. I thought I was more of a troll.

No - I shall never post a picture!!! In my mind's eye I am several inches taller, brunette - heck, a lot like Catherine Zeta-Jones!!!!! Reality is as opposite of that as you can get. ;)

Wow! You're right, Stacey! And that explains why she kept lounging sideways like that during our visit! lol!

Debra, I think you look a little like Sherri Cockrell. She's not famous. No need to google. She used to be my youth pastor years ago. But you remind me of her.

ya know, looking at photos now, there is some of What's Her Name shining through. Um, you know. The blonde gal from Designing Women? The really pretty. Ah, here: Jean Smart. A young, hip Jean Smart.

Woo-hoo! The face recognition told me Kelly Preston and Elle MacPherson! That is so much better than Claire Danes! But alas, I don't see the similarities. Oh well. I can dream. I'm gonna believe what it says nonetheless. Oh, and I'm going to believe my body is in the same shape theirs is too! :)

That's interesting, Colleen. I loved her in North and South. I think I do look a lot more like her than Annette Benning. You're right about the hair. I think people go for the most striking thing about a face (or head) and short hair is pretty striking, LOL. How about this photo of Anna Maxwell Martin? (Hopefully it works...)

images%3Fq%3Danna%2Bmaxwell%2Bmartin%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26rlz%3D1T4GFRC_enUS212US212