Menu

What brand of shampoo and Conditioner so you use?

I find it is actually cheaper for me to buy Amplify because it is so much more concentrated than higher-end grocery-store-bought shampoo. I buy the Liters 2 for $30 and if I keep an eye out I can usually get a coupon for JCPenny and get them 2 for $25 or even as low as 2 for $20.

Dd and I have very fine, fly away hair and we have to be very picky about our shampoos. Most shampoos/conditioners are too strong/heavy and leave our hair either greasy or flyaway.

I had a stylist tell me once not to use any Pantene products...something about how harsh they are on hair. He said if I had to buy store brand and not salon then use Dove. So I switched and love it. PLUS they have coupons you can have sent to you. I rarely pay full price.

however, my daughter needs conditioner and I started buying the Suave Humectant one and it's good. we now use it too when we travel.

when I have the money I splurge on Biolage. it makes my curly hair perfect everytime!

I buy my personal care products through my food buying club. I've been using BWC (Beauty Without Cruelty) products, but I find that I have to switch brands every so often in order to maximize effectiveness (sounds so scientific, I know! ;)). So, I just ordered a Giovani brand shampoo and conditioner. I almost never shampoo my hair any more (curly and dry), but I use tons of conditioner. It's a little more expensive than some more readily available brands, but I decided a long time ago that I don't need to pinch pennies on the stuff I put ON my body any more than I do on what I put IN my body. So, I look for products that my co-op carries that are still economical for me and that rate in the 0-2 range on the Skin Deep report.

Just me. Not for everyone. :)

Skin Deep Report is here.

Doran

I used to use Dove, but I recently ran out and tried dd's Suave conditioner. It actually worked better for my hair, and it is *cheap*! I've also started using dc's Loreal Kids smoothie 2-in-1, and I'm amazed at how well it works, too. Funny, huh? I don't really stick with anything forever, but I had been using Dove for awhile.

Well, after switching to organic shampoos a few years ago, mine and my oldest son's skin cleared up nicely. I can now no longer stand any of the store brands; my old favorite was Pantene. We now use Avalon Organics Peppermint, Giovanni Tea Tree, or Dessert Essence Green Apple & Ginger. I usually either buy them through our food co-op, or get them at VitaCost.com..whichever is cheaper at the time of purchase. :D It's still about $5 a bottle though....but worth it to us.

I kinda splurge on my own bath & beauty stuff. LOL My current favorite is Garden Botanika Fresh Mint shampoo. We have a nice lightweight conditioner that I got from Great Clips (it's their brand, actually) and I use that once or twice a week.

I also get Garnier Fructis hair products a lot. We use their styling mousse, spray gel, hair spray and a couple different shampoos (the Balanced Care one is good for me; Clean & Fresh is good for dds) and conditioners.

And I like the shampoos from Jordan Essentials. Great almond-honey type scent!

I presently have Garnier Fructis in my shower. As well as Whole Foods' 365 brand, in some rosemary somethin' somethin' scent :p

I need to alternate, lest my hair get attitude.

The 365 is the only whole foods/natural kind of product I have liked on my hair thus far.

But, it's still like all the other shampoos..I use for a few months, then switch, then after a few months I can switch back again. :) I like that the 365 was only like $2 :D

I love the Pantene products. They are less expensive than salon products and I get the same results as salon products.

I recently tried Tresseme (spelling?) daily moisturizing as that is supposed to be a lot like Pantene products, but even less expensive. I like it, but I think I like the feel of Pantene better. I keep both kinds in my shower now, Pantene for days I'm leaving the house and the other for when I'm not... strange I know... but always trying to save a few bucks when I can! :tongue_smilie:

I use Paul Mitchell products...but I have a friend with a beauty license who buys them for me at wholesale prices. I purchase a gallon of shampoo at a time for around $25, less if it happens to be on sale. It lasts a l...o....n....g time. I buy the smaller bottles of conditioner because we use such little dabs, but they are significantly less as well. Find a friend with a license is my advice!

Aussie, I think the "Cleanse and Mend" kind. We buy it at Target in the big bottles.

I love this!! I don't buy it that often but when I do, I am the only one to use it so it lasts me a long time..

Right now, we use Suave~usually the daily clarifying or a moisturizing one..

Suave has a new line of shampoos and conditioners. I love the smell of the one for brunettes. Dd is trying the sleek or moisturizing one. I bought a bunch at Target last week to see which ones we all like best. There was even a 2 in 1 that I bought for my sons.

I found one by Umberto for curly hair, but our local Target store isn't carrying it anymore.

Michele

Bumble & Bumble, Aveda, or Bliss... I'm willing to pay a bit more for a higher-end product to keep my very fine hair from looking like I dipped my head in a vat of grease at the end of the day. My kiddos, however, use L'Oreal for kids, and dh loves his Head & Shoulders-- you never can be too careful, he says!

I use whatever I can get at Walgreens that is free with coupons and rebates. Right now we have Herbal Essence and Sunsilk here at the house. Maybe Garnier, too. Pantene in the shower, although I don't really like it. It is a 2-in-1, and doesn't work well for me.

I used to use Fructis Garnier for years until we moved and the soft water made it not good to use. My stylist said not to use Pantene, it's terrible on your hair. I used Ausse for a while, but I don't think they make a color treament shampoo, so I use Tresme (sp), since that's what my stylist recommends, I think it has helped my high lights last longer.

Kristine

We use Tresemme here. It seems to work just fine, and it's definitely cheap (we buy the big bottles.) I used to buy only Aveda, but my daughter has acquired an allergy to the brazil nut protein that they use, so Tresemme it is!:thumbup:

It is funny you asked this today. I used to buy the big bottle of Herbal Essences at Sam's for my dd and I. Well, for Christmas, I got Bath and Body Sweet Pea shampoo and conditioner. My conditioner ran out last week and I have been debating on if I should splurge and replace it or just go back to my old standby. My dh says he likes the smell of the sweet pea and I should treat myself. I really did like the way my hair felt with it. I think it worked well for my dd too. So... do I spend extra $$$ on it or just go back to the norm? Oh and it is on sale right now 2 for $10!