Menu

who sells the *best* women's t-shirts?

After purging my closet, I have realized that some of my basic t-shirts really need to be replaced. I like fitted, but not *too* tight. I prefer a scoop neck, but not *too* low to a crew neck. I prefer natural fibers, though I am not opposed to a bit of spandex for shape retention.

Where should I shop?

After purging my closet, I have realized that some of my basic t-shirts really need to be replaced. I like fitted, but not *too* tight. I prefer a scoop neck, but not *too* low to a crew neck. I prefer natural fibers, though I am not opposed to a bit of spandex for shape retention.

Where should I shop?

I found some nice ones at Eddie Bauer. They have many styles that are a little low-cut for my taste, but I found some with a reasonable scoop neck. Good thick material that is fitted, but not too tight.

I had seen some at Lands End, but some of their more fitted tees are meant for layering so the fabric is a little thin for my taste (at least for a white tee.)

I like the layering tees from Land's End. The scoop neck is low enough but not too low and the shape is fitted but not tight. They are meant for layering so they are thin but hold up well. I do layer them with the tanks.

They are the perfect fit for me. I am short, chubby, and curvy. I am 5'4, 158 lbs , and a 36 C if that helps you any. I wear a LE medium for tops.

I've tried some others and I like Old Navy ok depending on the style. Those are thin as well but they have a nice, long length.

I like that LandsEnd now has tshirts available in varying degrees of "fittedness" so that you can choose what works best. The shirts do stand up to lots of wearing!

My favorite tshirts are from Talbots Petites (we have two nearby stores). As they are designed for petites, the scoop necks and shoulders fit me perfectly. I scan the clearance sections whenever I am there as I cannot, just cannot, justify $25 for a tshirt.

that I love. They are long enough to cover my lower rise jeans, which are the most comfortable for me. They are cut to accentuate my curves (of which I have very little :)), but are not too tight or too low at the neck. I bought these a few years ago, and they have held up well.

I have liked the Nordstrom house brand Caslon Easy Fit tees. They come in a million colors and styles. The round scoop neck is not too low, not too high. The price is good too. Last time I got them, they were two for $25 - I think they are often on sale. Half Yearly sale is going on now in stores...

Hanna Andersson women's tees are really nice, too, and last forever. Their standard solid colors aren't very fitted, though, but are nicely shaped. The "boxy" tees are WAY too square for me...and literally make me look like a box, but they last forever and a day and are the softest cotton you can imagine. They fine with sweats.

I really like the Gap t-shirts...

I think their maternity t-shirts are great!:001_smile:

I like these even when I am not pregnant!

Their white t-shirts are a nice quality... & material...you cannot see through them. Also they are fitted so nicely to flatter you....& a nicer longer length.

They do not look like maternity...they are slim & fitted....

Check them out...

I also have bought the Old Navy....t's...I just think the Gap quality is so much better!

One more place that has a soft, thicker scoop neck right now is Fashion Bug. They are shapely without being tight, long enough for my long torso, and the scoop seems to be in a good place - leaves room for a necklace without making me scared to bend over.

Here is a page that shows EB's 3 main fits of shirts. If you look at the side bar on the left, there are categories listed by fit. You can choose the fit you like and then just see shirts that are offered in that fit.

I buy only EBs t-shirts. I order them in 'shaped fit', +long. They last forever, come in great colors and are thick enough to not show the bra line.

Another vote for Land's End. I layer the tanks with the tees too, and they're a nice weight for that. They hold their shape, they don't shrink in the dryer, they're less prone to those little tiny holes that tend to develop on knit t-shirts, they don't pill, etc.

Plus, Land's End has AWESOME customer service. When you call their number, a person answers the phone (no going through an automated phone tree) and they guarantee everything. I bought a bathing suit from them one year, and the next year when I pulled it out, the elastic in it had rotted (not typical of their products, just a fluke) and they gave me a full refund, even though I'd owned it over a year and they no longer sold that particular item. *REFUNDED* it, not just store credit! They charge a lot for shipping, but if you sign up for their emails they send coupons and shipping codes all the time. And you can make returns at Sears. My local Sears doesn't carry LE products anymore, but they will still take returns.

I also like the Eddie Bauer t-shirts. I'm short, but the tall length is perfect on me (I like my shirts to hit mid-hip) after a trip through the dryer. They also hold up really well and come in lots of colors. I have a one or two that are several years old now that were demoted to work-out t-shirts (after A LOT of wear, they developed a couple of little bitty holes) and they still have great color and shape.

Edited by LemonPie

I really like my Coldwater creek ones. The colors are wonderful and hold up. I have a very bright red one and it has remained bright red for one year so far. It is a good thickness, not too flimsy, not too heavy.

I have also liked some of the Sag Harbor t-shirts that are fancier.

because they are meant for silk screening - and they come in so many colors. I just bought a bunch, one of a bunch of colors and they let me. The material is not too thin, they are a little fitted and the cap sleeves are very feminine. I normally wear size 8 and I bought a large - and med for my dd who wears sz 1 or 3.

http://www.lowestpricedtees.com/index.php?file=productdetail&iprod_id=1251

I like Michael Stars, Prana, Patagonia and Eileen Fisher.

Where should I shop?

• 2 months later...