Menu

Look what my 12dd did!

My dd Caitlin has been sewing for months on a 'secret' mission. This week she unveiled it. She has been sewing (American Girl size) doll clothes of all descriptions. Her goal was to open a tiny store for the family, to sell her creations, and then donate her money to the relief efforts in Haiti! Bless her heart. I just wanted to share her sweet heart with you all~

Bless her heart!!! Those are beautiful. Where is she selling them?

Well, she just set up her little display in our front yard...to sell to her sisters! She had no plan outside her family, but I am wringing my hands wanting to 'broaden her customer base' LOL. I don't know where to take her. I thought of the local farmer's market, but they have a stiff booth rental. We don't have a church home. We aren't members of the local support group. So, we are without ideas. Suggestions?

Ginger, I wish I had a daughter or niece that was into American Girl right now; I'd buy an outfit from her in a heartbeat!

What a wonderful talent she has!

(And, I must mention, it lifts my spirit to see a young woman who covers her head. Very sweet. :))

Thank you all for the great suggestions! We'll talk it over with her and show her all the possibilities she has. My 16dd told her that one day she will probably be a famous fashion designer. ;) Why are all these family talents skipping right over me?? I can't draw, can't write, can't sew, can't play piano...All I am talented at doing is concocting new curriculum schemes and drinking coffee. :001_huh:

wow. She has inspired me....and made my day, for real.

Check out Bizarres or craft fairs that may be going on in your area for a greater venue.

heck, I would send your photo in to the local newspaper....defintely worth running a short story on..so, so inspiring.....and humbling.

e

Awesome!

If you can't sew, how did she learn?

I think it is entirely unfair that her sewing skills at 12 are a thousand times better than mine will ever be. I can usually figure out crafting type stuff without a problem, just not sewing.

Awesome!

If you can't sew, how did she learn?...

Funny you should ask that...I had bought a lovely Home Ec type book for last fall, with the best of intentions...and while she was patiently waiting for me to begin the program, she taught herself. We had an old machine in the basement, I did show her how to turn it on, but I didn't remember how to thread it.:001_huh: She took it from there! It must be some type of giftedness...you should see the hooded cape she designed for herself. It was inspired by some picture she saw in a Middle Ages book! Goodness.

That's awesome! I second calling the local newspaper. I bet they'd run a story for her. :)

:iagree:What a sweet girl! Even though she's doing it for charity your local market won't let her in?

I had a homeschooling friend with a very talented homeschooled daughter, she sewed all kinds of clothing -- 1800's, modest prom gown, capes and I don't know what else.

Like your daughter, she taught herself.

She ended up at the National 4-H gathering which I guess was an invitation only event, or only if you won in state competition.

She could sew very contemporary slick dresses, but she didn't want to sell it!! None of it!! Went to college and majored in fashion design!

Congratulations on a very talented and giving daughter.

Even though you aren't a member of the local HS support group, try contacting them anyway. My local groups are gearing up for book sales and I wouldn't be surprised to see someone selling something like this for charity at an event like that...and would happily buy something from your sweet girl to support her efforts!

What a lovely girl you have there!:001_wub: