Menu

Doc told me yesterday I have 2 3-mm nodules on my left lung

I know someone who had to go for testing for the same reason. His doctor saw something and then sent him for a PET scan because he wanted to see if there was cancer in the lung (he had cancer about 20 years before this). It turned out to be totally harmless.

:grouphug:

Sdd had this and it was histoplasmosis. She was living in an old farmhouse and they used to keep chickens on the property. She had work done on her leg and her immune system was weak from that so she had a bad case of histoplasmosis (not sure if this is the spelling). She had to have a biopsy done and went on an anti-fungal for about a year.

She was fine afterwards but it was scary going through all the testing and we were told twice that she had non-hodgekins. But it wasn't.

Hope it all turns out well for you.:001_smile:

My sister had that a few years ago -- she's a doctor and she was at a loss as to what the nodules could be -- she had the CAT scan and it was scar tissue from an automobile accident when the air bag had deployed (is that the right word?).

Thoughts and prayers -- I know it's almost impossible not to worry - but praying that you will experience a peace that surpasses all understanding.:grouphug:

Please keep us updated.

No experience, but DON'T GOOGLE IT!!

Ok, a tad bit of experience with unknown medical issues. :glare:

Ya know, I did google it already. The results page showed a bunch of cancer pages, so I got off the computer and did something else. ;) Dumb of me to google it in the first place, but as soon as I saw all those results, I thought, "Oh grief! Nothing good can come of THIS!" LOL

I'm sure it's no problem. Thanks for the hugs and support guys! I'll keep ya posted.

Hi there,

Yes, I have went through this. They turned out to be enlarged/inflamed lymph nodes from Epstein Barr. I had them in the lung area and armpit. I was put on anti-virals for quite a long time, and they settled down.

I was also immune system compromised during this time (had just went through a diabetic Dka and recovery) so they said my immune system was very weak.

The first ER doc that found them scared me out of my mind. :grouphug:

Sending you positive vibes!

As other posters have rightly stated there are multiple causes of lung nodules, including current or past infection.

Plus, if the nodules are 2-3 mm they are very small. Usually nodules have to be 2-3 centimeters (10 times the diameter) before they are considered potentially "suspicious".

Bill

My DH has two "spots" about the same size on one lung. He had a PET scan and follow up CT scans for two years because of family history. So far there hasn't been any change. His pulmonologist said after two years without change they don't look at cancer anymore. The scariest part for us was when he ended up with a 10mm spot on the other lung on one of his CT scans. Six months later it was gone, they think it was related to anesthetic with an unrelated surgery. That was the roughest six months. The waiting is the hardest part. :grouphug: and prayers for good results.

I am a medical transcriptionist and I can tell you that it is pretty common for people to have benign nodules in the lungs from many different reasons. I type way more benign CTs than I do the ones that actually find cancer. Hope that helps ease your mind some.

:iagree: