Menu

Is there anything better than....

Guest Cindie2dds

Guest Cindie2dds

Nutella straight out of the jar!!!! :lol:

Oh, somebody help! Anyone else have something that is so hard to pass by in the kitchen? It seems to be calling my name.... :glare:

Guest Cindie2dds
Mmm!

Yes, I have something hard to pass by. The lovely chocolate cake I made yesterday. If I would just NOT MAKE those things, I would be all set! :D

I say that every time I make brownies! There's something about chocolate! :D

Guest Cindie2dds
I don't like Nutella. LOL. Sorry. Guess that leaves more for you.
:001_huh:

Oh, well, you're right. More for me! :D

Have you ever had a Beaver Tail in Ottawa? Now that's close!

This is the reason I cannot buy Nutella anymore. I bought my first jar a couple months ago and after the first taste (right out of the jar, of course) I exclaimed, "Why didn't anyone ever tell me this stuff was so good!?" So I totally hear you.

Fortunately for all, no fructose. And I'm not going to over analysis the other ingredients, which actually seem quite healthy . . . relatively.

If only I had a jar in my cupboard. Why did I show so much self restraint last week when I held the jar in my hands at the grocery store.

I think a jar of nutella would help with my H1N1 anxiety.

Yes, make a panini sandwich with nutella and sliced ripe bananas. I know this doesn't sound great but it tastes yummy. Try it.

Oh, somebody help! Anyone else have something that is so hard to pass by in the kitchen? It seems to be calling my name.... :glare:

This is the reason I cannot buy Nutella anymore. I bought my first jar a couple months ago and after the first taste (right out of the jar, of course) I exclaimed, "Why didn't anyone ever tell me this stuff was so good!?" So I totally hear you.

My nutella story is similar to yours...

My dh, as you can see from my siggy, has two children with another woman (they were never married). She liked Nutella.

Well, when I met dh, I had never even heard of Nutella, and I refused to have it in the house because it was something he liked that *she introduced him to. (Mature, right? :001_rolleyes:) I told him I would never buy it unless the children asked for it without his prompting. Well, a few months ago, I bought some. Good grief, we've been married for 8 years, I'm over it now. :001_smile: Anyway, I had NO IDEA how good it was! In fact, I don't buy it now because I know I'll want to eat it all, LOL.

Oh, and last Mother's Day, I sent a gift over to my stepkid's mom. It was a jar of Nutella with a pretty little pink spatula scraper thingy. I think I did that more for me than for her. :)

How funny! My husband was just asking this morning, "What *is* Nutella?"

The only thing I could tell him was that it is one of the products I regularly send back to China for my friend who lives there.

I just might have to keep a jar for myself next time. :D

I have been bravely resisting the big double-packs of Nutella at Costco. I know that if I buy it, all self-control will be out the window. ;) I used to live off of toast w/ Nutella.

On a funny side-note... you know how here (in the US) we have commercials for completely unhealthy breakfast cereals, advertising "with 11 essential vitamins and minerals" or something similar? I remember seeing similar Nutella commercials in Germany when I was little. :001_huh: One of the stores where I used to buy Nutella, mis-printed it on the receipt as "Nutrella"...made is sound like a health food. :lol:

My mom wouldn't buy the stuff except on very rare occasions when we lived there, but when it became availble in stores in the US, she'd buy it a little more often. We'd have PB & Nutella sandwiches for lunch sometimes...yum!

Guest Cindie2dds
We'd have PB & Nutella sandwiches for lunch sometimes...yum!

Well, this is what we do instead of the standard PB & J. It travels well, they actually eat it, and on whole grain (from wheat berries) bread makes it sound halfway healthy, right? ;)

Nutella sandwiched between two freshly baked peanut butter cookies. Then, when the rest of the cookies have cooled, make peanut butter cookie-Nutella-ice cream sandwiches out of them. Oh my!

This works beautifully with oatmeal cookies, too.

... in a tiny town in France and we were so excited. My son picked out a large jar which we lugged around Europe for a month to take home -- only to discover it was sold in the US :lol:

Yummy stuff!