Menu

What magazine subcriptions do you have?

I get Cook's Illustrated, Fine Cooking and Crochet. My dh gets some cycling mags and self-sufficiency ones (I think Backwoods Home, Mother Earth News, etc.) We'd like to get Modern Reformation, I'd like to get a better crochet mag (something more modern) and re-up our Tabletalk which we let lapse.

ETA: Aaack! I did it again...just read without seeing what you WANTED TO GET info on. Sorry! I really like The Old Schoolhouse magazine but don't subscribe currently. I foresee getting it next year, when we are beyond kinder.

Another mag that my dh likes a lot is Home Education Magazine.

Edited by BikeBookBread

I get Cook's Illustrated, Fine Cooking and Crochet. My dh gets some cycling mags and self-sufficiency ones (I think Backwoods Home, Mother Earth News, etc.) We'd like to get Modern Reformation, I'd like to get a better crochet mag (something more modern) and re-up our Tabletalk which we let lapse.

ETA: Aaack! I did it again...just read without seeing what you WANTED TO GET info on. Sorry! I really like The Old Schoolhouse magazine but don't subscribe currently. I foresee getting it next year, when we are beyond kinder.

Another mag that my dh likes a lot is Home Education Magazine.

Ooohhh... a cooking magazine would be fun too:) I'm not locked into getting an education magazine, so I appreciate your ideas!

We get World magazine, which I describe as a Christian version of Time magazine for us. I really enjoy this magazine as our news magazine and am pleased with the breadth of topics.

I just subscribed to Homeschooling Today, because I always enjoy reading the library copy.

And I get the Racheal Ray magazine, but I do not think I am going to renew it. I never really use any of the recipes in it as they often have ingredient lists that are just too long for me.

I get Cooks Illustrated, Saudi Aramco World and Archaeology Magazine. Also, my mom buys me a Southern Living subscription every year as a gift, which I love getting over here.

For anyone interested in Middle East history and culture, I highly recommend Aramco World, and it's a free subscription!

http://www.saudiaramcoworld.com/issue/200905/

World Magazine (news & it is awesome) (great for school & keeping up with current affairs)

Modern Reformation (very deep theological discussion)

Teach (homeschool magazine)

Answers (a magazine from AIG)

We used to get several magazines but to cut our budget, we cut most out to save money. I can't read too many each month anyway.

Today's Christian Woman(but this one is going out of print)

ADDitude

And then of course the multiple ones in the kids names and that I order for school

OWL

Chirp

Chickadee

Nintendo Power

American Cheerleader

Kayak

I love English Jr

Zoobooks

I am currently going through the catalogue of magazines we can order through my neighbor's high school fundraiser and will be adding some more in a few moments I am sure.

We get:

World (love it)

Reminisce (real stories of the 'old days' - love it too)

Nutrition Action (great for keeping up on health issues)

Sail (sailboats)

Ocean Navigator (both of these are hubby's)

Popular Science (fun)

Answers (Creation updates)

and get National Geographic passed down from my in-laws so we have no need to subscribe to that, but do get to read it.

Someday I'm going to re-subscribe to Reader's Digest - I miss the jokes!

Brain, Child (my favorite!)

Family Fun (owned by Disney, in case that matters to you)

EatingWell

Yoga Journal

Vegetarian Times

Brain, Child is my all-time favorite magazine. :iagree:

And the link inspired me to go to the website, only to discover that an acquaintance of mine (Meagan Francis) has a story on the main page. Neato.

Edited by Tangerine
neato.