Menu

Poll: Which Disney World Park is your Favorite?

I was shocked, but my kids LOVED Epcot. I guess we're nerdy homeschoolers. I loved Animal Kingdom and we all tolerated HS and the MK. (We don't watch a lot of tv - and since the Mythbusters guys weren't on a float, most of MK and HS was totally lost on my kids, LOL!) My kids were 6 and 7 when we went in the spring.

During our 5 days in the parks we spent 2 and a half at Epcot mostly doing the Kim Possible scavenger/treasure hunts. We did every country and the kids LOVED, LOVED, LOVED it. It was the highlight of our trip. It's a little subtle when you get there (just a couple of kiosks) but it's so fabulous. Apparently the spend TONS of money setting up the whole thing. Give it a try (I highly recommend Japan and Germany. Hilarious.

If you had another option, I would have said Sea World. That was our favorite attraction. Since it's not-Disney Studios was great. I loved Epcot but the kids got bored. Animal Kingdom was nice but short. MK was wonderful but I wouldn't pick 2 days there. Disney Studios had lots of action-my kids still talk about the Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular.

Our favorite of those parks is Epcot. There is just SO much to see there. The last time we stayed in Disney, we spent 9 days in the parks. We went to all of them at least twice and the water parks as well.

My kids' favorite was Disney Quest, the big indoor building with all the interactive games. It was nice because they are big enough I could let them loose in there and sit and drink a cup of coffee. :001_smile:

Hard to pick one. I guess Magic Kingdom would be my favorite, but the closing show at HS was my favorite show. Animal Kingdom was my least favorite. When we spent 5 days at WDW we did Magic Kingdom twice. So, I guess that is my answer. :001_smile: Now, I really want to go to Disney World. ;)

Magic Kingdom is my favorite. However, Epcot is so big it kinda needs two days...plus there are lots of restaurants to try there. :)

I'd say you can't go wrong if you spend your extra day at either Magic Kingdom or Epcot, as there is lots to see in both. The other two parks are more easily accomplished in one day.

Do you have the Park Hopper option on your tickets? Since Animal Kingdom and the Studios tend to close earlier, we usually "hop" to Epcot for dinner afterwards. If you like the MK, you could do a day and a half there, and then hop to Epcot afterwards. The ability to hop and use our extra time at Epcot really helps to satisfy the Epcot enthusiast in our family.

Depends a little on the age of the kids. Epcot is *my* favorite, but for little ones, Magic Kingdom might be the 2-day choice. Animal Kingdom is fantastic, but you really only need one day. There are great things about Hollywood Studios too, but again, you can effectively see everything in one day. (And it's worth it to stay for FantasMic! The show really is amazing.) So for younger ones (pre-school and early elementary age), I'd probably go back to Magic Kingdom for the second day. For late elementary and older, Epcot would win. Test Track is a great ride, and Soarin' is fun, all of the wonderful "countries" to visit... Plus there are more great places to eat than in any of the other parks. :)

I just went to Disney World a few weeks ago with a younger friend for her birthday. We had a blast!!

My favorite park is definitely Epcot (we LOVED the food in the World Showcase!); we spent 3 days there. We spent 1 day at Magic Kingdom, and a short day at Hollywood Studios. I liked Hollywood Studios better than I thought I would and wished we had been able to spend more time there.

:D

For young kids magic kingdom for sure (this might include your 10 year old). But since most of your group is older I'd pick Epcot probably. There is so much to see. Animal Kingdom has some great rides and animals but you really can see it all in a day. You can always pick where you want to see again for that last day on that day can't you? That's what we did with our last day. The boys did MK.

Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure is really, really fun if you like coasters and simulated rides. Adult wise (and I'd suspect older teens too) hubby and I liked it best. And it's far less expensive. So if you have some extra time it might be worth it.

Edited by sbgrace

Well at my children's ages Magic Kingdom. In general though if I was going to do 2 days at one park it would be EPCOT.

My favorite parks are:

1. EPCOT

2. Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom

4. Disney Studios (and it is a very distant 4, we skipped it entirely our last visit, and visited it for 2 hours the visit before and didn't feel like we missed anything)

Magic Kingdom. I'm old school.

This gets my vote too. The castle as you walk in makes me cry every time!!! See - I'm all choked up thinking about it right now!

Here are the vote getters in my house:

13 yo ds: Hollywood Studios - this is because he LOVES the special effects shows. He and ds11 were chosen to be in a couple of them last time we were there. He also got to ride all the big rides with dad and everyone else in the family was too chicken to ride!! So, I think he felt the most like a big kid here!

11 yo ds: Epcot - This is because he really likes the rides here best! Oh - and the food!!

9 yo ds: Epcot (but he had a hard time deciding between that and Magic Kingdom) - He finally went with Epcot because of the rides. But, he loves the magic of MK too!

3 yo dd: The princesses!!!!

If I were you, I'd leave that last day open so you can decide after you get there. Maybe even split up on the last day so everyone can do what they want!

We went for the first time this summer. We only had 4 days.

We did Animal Kingdom the first day. It was our favorite. I wouldn't do it twice though.

Epcot had some neat stuff, but wasn't worth going twice.

Magic Kingdom isn't worth going to when all your kids are 10yo and up. We went, but the rides there were all lame. We enjoyed the shows and the fireworks. I would do MK only in the evening to catch the shows and the fireworks. It isn't worth an entire day.

We spent just one day at Universal and crammed both of the parks into that one day. The best rides were there. We liked most of the shows there too.

If we had it to do all over again, we'd do 1st day at Animal Kingdom, 2nd at Epcot, 3rd at Hollywood Studios, and one day at each of the Universal Parks.

I can't see ever spending the money to return there though. We've done Disney and Universal, so now we're done.

Goodness Gracious! That's almost like asking me to pick a favorite child ;). Serioulsly though, I really love all the Disney Parks. They are each so unique and so well-themed.

We do tend to spend the most time in Epcot, not only because it is such a huge park, but because we could easily "lose ourselves" in the World Showcase for an entire day. It's all so well done.

We like taking our time in each country. In additon to enjoying the films and attractions some countries feature, we also like talking to the World Showcase cast members (most of them are from the country they are working in at Epcot), browsing the shops, sampling the food (btw, the Food and Wine Festival begins in Epcot Sept. 25), and just soaking up the atmosphere of each "country."

As far as deciding which park to do twice, perhaps you could make the decision after the kids have had a chance to experience each park; there might be attractions they want to do again, or didn't get to do the first time.

Have a great time!

Man that's hard. I love Epcot too but for my kids Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom are much more fun. We went on Splash Mountain like 10 times. hehehe We would spend all day at the Magic Kingdom and then rush over to Epcot to see the park closing at that lake. So cool! I was there for the Millennium celebration and it was fantastic. :)

Magic Kingdom isn't worth going to when all your kids are 10yo and up.
It's interesting to see all the different perspectives. We were in Orlando in May with our sons who are 22 and 24 (who have been to DW many times). Because of time constraints and the tickets we had, were able to choose to visit just one park. The choice was unanimous -- the Magic Kingdom, with no regrets.

It's interesting to see all the different perspectives. We were in Orlando in May with our sons who are 22 and 24 (who have been to DW many times). Because of time constraints and the tickets we had, were able to choose to visit just one park. The choice was unanimous -- the Magic Kingdom, with no regrets.

It's true! My dh, who lived for over 10 years in New York City and used to go to all the museums and art and cultural things they had there turned up his nose to me when I suggested we take the kids to Disney World. He was like, "That's so commercial and contrived. We should take the kids to see real art." For years I worked on him and I told him, "Look, even if it's commercial and contrived, it's a place that you should go to at least ONCE in your life." I convinced him and we took the kids. He had so much fun there! He loved going on the rides and walking around narfing on turkey legs in Adventureland. And shooting the water guns at the white water rafters from the bridge in Animal Kingdom. I think he had more fun than the kids! When it was time to leave and we had to come back home he said to me, "I'm missing the Magic!" hehehe It wasn't hard to convince him to go back a few years later for the Millennium celebration. :p hehe

Magic Kingdom.

Now I want to go back because we had the worst day at Epcot. We went on Mother's Day and it was super crowded. Also someone in our party had footware problems, (I think it was a blister or broken strap). My dh was so frustrated that we weren't able to walk all the way around the park, and I was so frustrated that he was frustrated. Ugh!

Edited by Ferdie

Epcot! Our kids were 9, 5, and 3 when we went, and our entire family loved Epcot. My then three year old girly-girl's favorite ride of all was Spaceship Earth. :lol: You just never know what they will enjoy most. We thought for sure Magic Kingdom would be their favorite; we're big movie fans, and our kids have seen most of the Disney animated films, so they knew all the characters. We even had breakfast in the castle with the princesses! But nope, Epcot was the favorite of everyone in the family except my 9 year old, whose favorite was Animal Kingdom, followed by Epcot. Of course we all loved all the parks, but we spent more time at Epcot than any other park.

I just have to share this with other homeschoolers --- my kids actually wanted to go through the Carousel of Progress twice. LOL!!!! My DH and I were dying laughing. Nerdy homeschool kids, LOL!! We moved on but it CRACKED us up - clearly they need fewer books and more media if they were impressed by the COP!! LOL!!!

Magic Kingdom!!! It's what Disney always meant to me as a child, even though I was 31 years old before I ever actually got to go. It's got Cinderella's castle, the fireworks shows, the Spectro Magic Parade, and all of the wonderful "old" rides. It's absolutely breathtaking, & I cried every time we watched the parades and the fireworks. Magic Kingdom rocks!:D

Magic Kingdom!!! It's what Disney always meant to me as a child, even though I was 31 years old before I ever actually got to go. It's got Cinderella's castle, the fireworks shows, the Spectro Magic Parade, and all of the wonderful "old" rides. It's absolutely breathtaking, & I cried every time we watched the parades and the fireworks. Magic Kingdom rocks!:D

I'm SO glad I'm not the only one who cries at it!!! Maybe it's because we visited for the first time when we were adults? I went for 1/2 day when I was 24 with my dh and his family. I SOOOO wanted to stay longer. I LOVED it so much!!! It was just SO magical. Nothing bad happens there!!

Now we take our kids all the time because I love it so much!! LOL Actually, they love it too, but I'm REALLY happy that they do.