Menu

Tongue- in -cheek.

Posts that bug:

Posts about nice weather when it's raining again.

Posts about children who aren't sick when mine are puking

Good reviews about books I don't like.

Good reviews about movies I don't like.

;)

That's all I can think of right now.

Edited by LibraryLover

Posts with pictures of pets that are cuter than my pets.

Posts with pictures of kids who are cuter than my kids.

Wait a minute is that possible????????????? :D

Wait a minute . . .is this the bragging thread? I'm confused :001_huh:

Edited by dmmosher

OK, I will play.

I hate reading posts about people not being able to choose between two or three really expensive curriculums that I can only dream about. Or successfully using really complicated curriculum (sometimes in multiples) that just makes me feel dumb.

I hate reading posts that trash the curriculum I just bought and talk up on that I didn't buy and make me think twice (who am I kidding? 20 times is more like it) that maybe I didn't do the right thing after all.

I hate reading posts that talk up the new and greatest curriculum, which sends me running off to spend hours I don't have looking it up. Only to find out that the people in question have either never used the curriculum, are selling said curriculum and therefore may have a horse in the race, or don't actually have kids old enough to use the curriculum.

I hate reading posts about 2 year olds reading Shakespeare and 3 year olds finishing Calculus, when my rising 3rd grader just started reading well enough for me to consider her a reader.

I hate reading posts about people who have completed their whole school day, have immaculate homes and are going off on a service project while I am still in my pajamas trying to start our school day, made more difficult because we are missing a book, crayons, or a ruler.

I hate reading posts about any religion or moral compass (other than my own, of course ;)) being the only right way, the only true way, the only moral way ... you know, it isn't just religion. Maybe I just hate to be told everything I do is just wrong, wrong, wrong.

But I love all of you anyway.:D

I hate posts about extroverted families - the ones who are never lonely, have houses full of kids and their friends, whose family parties number in the hundreds, who always have somewhere fun to do, and spend most of their days chatting (or visiting) with their best friends.

I also hate posts about people who actually do the lab part of lab sciences.

And I hate posts about the online/distance/or community college classes that people send their kids to that aren't available to me and that I couldn't afford anyway.

I hate posts extolling all those wonderful things available to you Yanks which are either not able to be shipped to us full stop or so darn expensive to ship I might as well hire a tutor fluent in latin and greek and french and history and and and...

Oh Keptwoman! What about those posts about all those great homeschooling conventions? "We're going to listen to SWB and lots of other uberly cool people talk!"

Grr at all of you.

;)

Rosie- knowing all about postage, but I really wanted those puzzles and was willing to live on beans and couscous to afford them!

Oh Keptwoman! What about those posts about all those great homeschooling conventions? "We're going to listen to SWB and lots of other uberly cool people talk!"

Grr at all of you.

;)

Rosie- knowing all about postage, but I really wanted those puzzles and was willing to live on beans and couscous to afford them!

Thanks for reminding us! We are going to see SWB at a convention less than an hour from here in about a week! :D

I hate posts that contain multiple acronyms that I have NO IDEA what they mean. :confused:

I hate posts where the meaning is clear to all ladies and we men have no clue about what the topic may be. :bigear:

I hate posts where the ladies describe how terrible men are AND IT'S TRUE! :rolleyes:

I hate posts about trees getting harmed! :angry:

UG Yes! I hate those too. Although I'm still feeling smug about the conferences here and hearing John Taylor Gatto. He inspired me. So while I am insanely jealous over them all hearing Susan Wise Bauer... I'll forgive them FOR NOW. I do hope though the day will come while both of us are still homeschooling where we might get that priviledge too.

While I was out and about with my beautiful, well behaved, brilliant children today ( you do remember they all spoke Mandarin before they were 2 and have deciphered ancient Hebrew as a summer project when they turned 4 don’t you) we had to make our weekly stop at Trader Joe’s/Whole Foods/Ikea/The container store to buy a few items for one of our numerous parties/camping expeditions/fabulous cruises. I was so surprised to find a wonderful homeschool program that will allow them to spend 20 hours per day completely immersed in the teaching of every great writer/philosopher/scientist/historian/theologian. It was on sale for the amazingly low price of 23,871.12! How could I pass that up? While I was browsing the aisle my perfect and completely happy children manage to foil a bank robber, help an old person across the street and text their homework assignments to the tutor at Harvard.

So as we we attend not one but four amazing homeschool conferences and I had the 20 bedroom house back in immaculate shape (can you every really scrub the grout in a marble bathroom with a toothbrush enough? I think not!), the whole family decided to sit down and read some first edition copies from our amazing library. It does take up the entire west wing but we do have to make sacrifices for our children. After 22 hours of reading ancient Greek we had to go out and slay the pesky trees in the neighborhood.

Oh I almost forgot, we propagated to all of our community and explained why they were all heatens/going to hell/worshipping false gods and were generally bad cooks. All in all I would have to say it was a productive day.

:lol:

While I was out and about with my beautiful, well behaved, brilliant children today ( you do remember they all spoke Mandarin before they were 2 and have deciphered ancient Hebrew as a summer project when they turned 4 don’t you) we had to make our weekly stop at Trader Joe’s/Whole Foods/Ikea/The container store to buy a few items for one of our numerous parties/camping expeditions/fabulous cruises. I was so surprised to find a wonderful homeschool program that will allow them to spend 20 hours per day completely immersed in the teaching of every great writer/philosopher/scientist/historian/theologian. It was on sale for the amazingly low price of 23,871.12! How could I pass that up? While I was browsing the aisle my perfect and completely happy children manage to foil a bank robber, help an old person across the street and text their homework assignments to the tutor at Harvard.

So as we we attend not one but four amazing homeschool conferences and I had the 20 bedroom house back in immaculate shape (can you every really scrub the grout in a marble bathroom with a toothbrush enough? I think not!), the whole family decided to sit down and read some first edition copies from our amazing library. It does take up the entire west wing but we do have to make sacrifices for our children. After 22 hours of reading ancient Greek we had to go out and slay the pesky trees in the neighborhood.

Oh I almost forgot, we propagated to all of our community and explained why they were all heatens/going to hell/worshipping false gods and were generally bad cooks. All in all I would have to say it was a productive day.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

You just needed to add something about a never-ending supply of Mike's Hard Cranberry...

K

That is awesome!!

You forgot to wish your neighbors "good luck"!

Ok, I'll play.

I hate the posts by people who get up cheerfully at 4:00 am after five hours of sleep. After bible study and exercise they proceed to milk the cows, feed the goats, collect the eggs, and have a full course breakfast of free range eggs, bacon from the pig they slaughtered yesterday, homemade bread, and freshly squeezed juice ready by 6:30. After which they happily pack their husband's lunch and kiss him goodbye. Then it's on to homeschooling, chores, and many other glorious things.

I hate them because I can barely move my lazy butt out of bed by 7:30, too many days go by when I don't even open my bible, I haven't exercised voluntarily in years, my children mostly eat cereal for breakfast, and I don't even hear my husband when he leaves in the morning. And I want to have a farm, but I think I am too lazy/tired/spoiled.

:D

Ok, I'll play.

I hate the posts by people who get up cheerfully at 4:00 am after five hours of sleep. After bible study and exercise they proceed to milk the cows, feed the goats, collect the eggs, and have a full course breakfast of free range eggs, bacon from the pig they slaughtered yesterday, homemade bread, and freshly squeezed juice ready by 6:30. After which they happily pack their husband's lunch and kiss him goodbye. Then it's on to homeschooling, chores, and many other glorious things.

:D

You forgot to mention pancakes and tea!

Oh, now see if I got up and packed my husband's lunch and kissed him goodbye, there would definitely be pancakes and tea! :D

Ha ha! I get up and make oatmeal and eggs for DH every morning, but we have coffee!

Just FTR I think of pancakes and syrup as pancakes and syrup, nothing else!

I learned about tea here!

If I don't get to go on a trip, I don't want to hear about it, and I hate your guts that you got to go on it and I didn't. Other people traveling makes me really jealous. Unless they go somewhere really lame like Las Vegas or Mrytle Beach.

Fine. I was going to post about my 3-week road trip with my dd, but now I won't. And, I'm not sharing the 400+ pictures I took. So there. :(

I'll play :).

I "hate:"

posts by people who post after me and say what I said better.

posts about children who are socially brilliant and who behave well in public, but even more I hate posts about parents who won't let their dc play with dc who act like my dc sometimes do.

posts by brilliant planners who plan every lesson in detail and follow it.

posts by anyone well under 40 with way more energy than I have, and most especially by those under 30.

[okay, IRL I try to learn from those posts or simply enjoy that they are so great at that. But there have been moments...]

You forgot to mention pancakes and tea!

The fact that has kept me (and dh) happy for years: make enough tea, and he won't care if you EVER pack his lunch or make him breakfast (or iron his shirts well or spend too much on books for that matter.) A good supply of tea covers all fauts. :D ;)

The fact that has kept me (and dh) happy for years: make enough tea, and he won't care if you EVER pack his lunch or make him breakfast (or iron his shirts well or spend too much on books for that matter.) A good supply of tea covers all fauts. :D ;)

Not here! After tea he falls asleep immediately and I could go mid-night shopping at the mall for all he cared! MANY times after I fix him breakfast and hand him his lunch he hugs me tells me how much he appreciates me :D. Sometimes he says, "not all wives do this". It could just be my love language, but I really like those times and remember them the most! And believe me, I have a lot of faults to overlook :001_smile:

Yeah! Hold still Ibbygirl!

:boxing_smiley:

Heheh.

;)

Rosie

hehehehe But there is a difference. I don't get up at 4am, I go to bed at that time. :p hehehehe And I NEVER wake up cheerfully. I wake up with several mugs of Cuban coffee. :)