Menu

Top 10 Things NOT to say when asked "What?! No school today?" (Funny, I hope!)

Top 10 Things NOT to say when asked "What?! No school today?"

10. Well normally yes, but this time of year I need help with the planting and plowing.

9. Goodness, no!!! I graduated 18 years ago, but thanks for the compliment!

8. No, we homeschool. We're just out to pick up a bag of pork rinds and some Mountain Dew, then we gotta hurry home to catch our soaps.

7. What?! Where did you guys come from?! Oh my gosh! I thought I told you kids to stay at school! I'm sorry. This happens all the time. (sigh)

6. There isn't? Why, you'd think we would have seen more kids out then, don't you?

5. We're on a field trip studying human nature's intrusive and assumptive tactics of displaying ignorance and implied superiority. Thanks for the peek!

4. On our planet we have different methods of education. (Shhh! No, I didn't give it away... keep your antennae down!)

3. Oh my goodness! I thought that today was Saturday...come on kids, hurry!

2. Noooooope.Me 'n Bubba jes' learns 'em at home. Werks reel good!

And the number one answer we should NEVER give to the question: "What? No school today?"

1. "What? No Bingo today?"

And please accept my apologies if these sassy comments offend. But the 'Me and Bubba' one just left me rolling...:lol:

Ginger

How about "The school said they couldn't come back until they're no longer contagious"?

:lol: I might use this one someday...and teach my kids to start sneezing and coughing and offer to shake her hand....:tongue_smilie:

10. Well normally yes, but this time of year I need help with the planting and plowing.

Yesterday they helped me with planting and plowing :001_smile:

9. Goodness, no!!! I graduated 18 years ago, but thanks for the compliment!

I like this! Actually, it seems more like something you SHOULD say!

8. No, we homeschool. We're just out to pick up a bag of pork rinds and some Mountain Dew, then we gotta hurry home to catch our soaps.

Thought this was the funniest.

My daughter at 11 was very sick of the why aren't you in school today remarks. So my sweet loving child turned the tables. We were at walmart in the checkout isle when an elderly woman said in a very rude tone that children should be in school. Looked at my daughter dirty looks too and asked why aren't you at school? So she turned around with a big smile on her face in a very respectable tone said I will answer you when you tell me why you are not at work!!!

I will answer you when you tell me why you are not at work!!!

I always smile and answer we homeschool but this is always in my mind.

I had a guy at a restaurant the other day say VERY LOUDLY, "We never got to go to XYZ when I was in school." I ignored him because he seemed drunk and it was only noon. Guess it wouldn't have mattered if his parents kept him at home or not. He was clearly not using his education.

My daughter at 11 was very sick of the why aren't you in school today remarks. So my sweet loving child turned the tables. We were at walmart in the checkout isle when an elderly woman said in a very rude tone that children should be in school. Looked at my daughter dirty looks too and asked why aren't you at school? So she turned around with a big smile on her face in a very respectable tone said I will answer you when you tell me why you are not at work!!!

:thumbup: Love it, love it, love it! What a girl!

True story:

I was out with Diva, and this guy came up to us and DEMANDED to know why she wasn't in school. :glare: I cocked my head and looked at him puzzled, over at Diva, and back at him again. Didn't say anything, just stared at him, until he asked, "What?!" and I replied, "Sorry, I was trying to figure out what wormhole we fell through that in this reality I'm married to you." and continued to look at him puzzled til he walked away.

My dd went to K in public school, of course at the end of the year they had a graduation. Now when people ask her why she's not in school she tells them, very seriously, "I graduated already."

Oh, that's too funny.

Love this thread!

True story:

I was out with Diva, and this guy came up to us and DEMANDED to know why she wasn't in school. :glare: I cocked my head and looked at him puzzled, over at Diva, and back at him again. Didn't say anything, just stared at him, until he asked, "What?!" and I replied, "Sorry, I was trying to figure out what wormhole we fell through that in this reality I'm married to you." and continued to look at him puzzled til he walked away.

:lol::lol::lol: