Menu

Ignore this thread!

58 minutes ago, Ellie said:

Mr. Ellie was out of town last night, and he won't be home tonight until 7ish.

me: I should call a friend and have dinner, because poor me, none of my tribe lives close by, and maybe this will help build my local tribe.

also me: stays home in jammies and watches Harry Potter because it's just easier

Important consideration: do you want to share your popcorn / snack of choice?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KrissiK said:

Yeah, I know.... but still. It’s the principle of the whole thing. (I sound like Ove) I’ve got a ton of California history resources that are awesome. But just tell me I gotta study the California Indians. And know about Father Serra and the Missions. Don’t couch it in a bunch of edu-speak.

I'm with you.  Simplifiy a bit and kids might actually learn things.  

• Like 1

I have spent some time today trying to find a service that would deliver fresh eggs, bread, fruit, and vegetables to my in-laws, but so far nothing delivers to their area.  There is a grocery store a half hour from them that offers gift cards, so we might have to go that route.  I know they have a doctor in that town, so they will be in the area often enough to stop for some groceries.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

I have spent some time today trying to find a service that would deliver fresh eggs, bread, fruit, and vegetables to my in-laws, but so far nothing delivers to their area.  There is a grocery store a half hour from them that offers gift cards, so we might have to go that route.  I know they have a doctor in that town, so they will be in the area often enough to stop for some groceries.

You might ask the visiting nurses association for the area if they have a contact. 

• Like 1

Good Sunday Morning!  COFFEE!!

(((Jean)))  Hope you get 2nd sleep.  

Our travelers are home.  They saw Mt. Rushmore; I get Mt. Washmore.  So, I'm up to start on laundry and I hope everyone else will sleep in a bit.  Dh hit some debris in the road and tore up something under my car and only told me about last night after they got home, and mentioned I should have them replace something (he had to bend back into place) at my next oil change.  Uh no.  That's not how it works.  He will be taking it in and explaining whatever the heck happened and dealing with it.  <insert toe tapping guy>  We are also the proud owners of 5 new souvenir mugs.  Ya know, cause we really needed more mugs.  Kids had a great time at camp and 12yo ds wants to go to camp next year too now.  So, I guess we'll be adding OYAN to his schedule for the school year.   

• Like 7

Good morning, all. Yawn. My two children are in Yellowstone this morning. I think. I had pictures of them around geysers yesterday. Today feels like a geyser is going off somewhere--the air is full of steam, and the dragonflies are already hawking over the front yard. I watered half of the garden this morning before caffeine called my name. I'll get the second half later today. The sick chicken is no better, but no worse. She's in the house where it is cool, and not amused at having to take medicine. I don't really think she will recover, but she's in no distress, and seems comfortable. I have way too much writing work to get through today. I don't see myself getting more than a little basic cleaning done today.

Manuscript goes to the editor on Wednesday. Eep. A critique partner picked up some errors that I'm fixing today. She read the thing in about three days--said she had a hard time putting it down to make notes, but the notes she made are very helpful and may help me even after the developmental editor tears it up. I got a few more rejections. Two in one day. One of them specifically said my prose wasn't connecting with her, which really hurt, but I thanked her and will move on. Since she got that sample, my prose has improved. Moving on.

I may not be around much this week with work and editing. Miss y'all, but I'll check in when I can. For now, the red pen awaits.

• Like 7

Good morning!!!

COFFEE!!!~D

i a up with the birds and the kitties this morning. I need to get my meat in early so it can cook for 6 hours, but before that I needed to get cinnamon rolls in the oven (not from scratch, Pillsbury) because the nice person that I am responded to the call for breakfast foods for the junior high Sunday School class this morning. It is Promotion Sunday. At least it’s light out. I don’t mind getting up early if it’s light out.

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Good morning!

Happy Father's Day to the ITT dads!

Ds13 leaves for Boy Scout camp today - dh is driving ds and some of the scouts to camp in our Big Van.  They have to finish packing after church.

Coffee!

My DS goes to Scout Camp next week.

• Like 1

Good Morning!

My nap schedule got off yesterday because of drama camp program and pick-up, so I didn't get to sleep until 4:30 a.m.

I plan to attend 1st Church of the Livestream this morning because I am up but not quite awake.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

Dh has fixed the dishwasher.  YAY!  (And there was much rejoicing....)  And it is running.

I balanced the checkbook.  And halfway through Mt. Washmore (not counting some piles sitting around before they got home....)  And updated the calendar for the coming week.  Whew!

Is it naptime yet?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

The sheriff's department stole our parking space!  We have parked there for church almost every week for the past 12 years!  :angry:

The true story is that there has always been a sign reserving the space for the sheriff's department M-F 8am to 6pm, but we could park there any other time.  That sign was removed and now it just says "reserved for sheriff's department".  :sad:  The kids were in shock!  Oh, the inhumanity!  :laugh:

#spoiledcreaturesofhabit

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

The sheriff's department stole our parking space!  We have parked there for church almost every week for the past 12 years!  :angry:

The true story is that there has always been a sign reserving the space for the sheriff's department M-F 8am to 6pm, but we could park there any other time.  That sign was removed and now it just says "reserved for sheriff's department".  :sad:  The kids were in shock!  Oh, the inhumanity!  :laugh:

#spoiledcreaturesofhabit

I know the feeling.  My family sat in the same pew in church for years.  It was recently removed to make for better traffic flow in the building.  ?

• Sad 3

MS edits in. Garden mostly watered. I'm hoping an afternoon thunderstorm will take care of the rest, but if not, I'll water when the sun isn't scalding me. Critiques done. Read about 1/4 way through an MS for a friend, and will read more tonight. Cleaned a room in the house. Promised to make steaks tonight for DH and me, but it's hot and I notawanna. I think I'll edit for a while and see how I feel after an hour under the fan.

• Like 4

We have gotten almost an inch of rain in the past couple days, so I'm going to leave off watering until Wednesday.  I had to pick off another tomato with blossom end rot today.  Makes me so sad.  I don't know if they are getting too much water or not consistent water or too much fertilizer or not enough or what.  I have no idea how much water a container tomato (or any other) plant needs.  

I am also not sure why my lavender plant won't produce flowers.  The leaves are a nice green, but no blossoms.  The variety I got is supposed to be happy in a container and tolerant of pretty much anything.  Maybe it's getting too much water, too?

Bad Plant Mommy!  

• Like 1

I’m back. We had a great shindig. The food was ok. Pulled pork was ok. The rub was good, but it’s better on the crockpot. Moister. Potato salad was awesome. Baked beans.... not so much. Watermelon delicious. And the weather was perfect. Temps dropped like 20 degrees in 3 days. We ate out in the back yard.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Susan in TN said:

We have gotten almost an inch of rain in the past couple days, so I'm going to leave off watering until Wednesday.  I had to pick off another tomato with blossom end rot today.  Makes me so sad.  I don't know if they are getting too much water or not consistent water or too much fertilizer or not enough or what.  I have no idea how much water a container tomato (or any other) plant needs.  

I am also not sure why my lavender plant won't produce flowers.  The leaves are a nice green, but no blossoms.  The variety I got is supposed to be happy in a container and tolerant of pretty much anything.  Maybe it's getting too much water, too?

Bad Plant Mommy!  

But Lynette is doing well, right??

• Like 1

On 6/16/2018 at 5:07 PM, KrissiK said:

When DS2 was a toddler he put a whole live snail in his mouth. I caught him before he swallowed. Bleh!!

We had friends who had an only child. They lived in a mobile home park, and their patio slab-thing was enclosed, such that my friend could let her dd outside to play and she'd be safe *right there.* My friend went out every morning and cleaned and scrubbed that patio so that her dd couldn't possibly be injured by, you know, dirt. And so one morning my friend saw that her dd who was out playing on the scrupulously clean patio seemed to have something in her mouth. On inspection it turned out to be a slug.

That was the last time that my friend sanitized her patio.

lololol

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

Day 150 steps. (15606  steps so far)
Day 21 hips

We drove a couple of hours up into the mountains. We got lost at first but finally found the trailhead. Then we walked 3 miles through a pitch black old railroad tunnel to where there was a wonderful view. Juliet did really well in the dark. My phone (and flashlight) went dead less than halfway through but fortunately dh and dd had flashlights. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Good morning!

Ds13 is at Boy Scout camp and dds15&11 have fiddle camp this week - just in the mornings.  I think they'll have fun.  I need to visit Aldi today.  

Coffee!

A Coffee Booyah Classic for you this morning!

COFFEE!!

And this is the best Booya/h in the whole world because it is a COFFEE Booya/h!! (Imagine, if you will, yours truly planting a flag that says "Booya/h" in big, bold letters and a cup of COFFEE under it! on the Rocky summit of.... The tall craggy mountain in the middle of the ITT Island, where we have our lodge. This lodge is in the middle of a forest with hardwood floors and throw rugs and huge stone fireplaces and wrap around porches with comfy Adirondack chairs. This is what I'm talking about.) (I think my imagination is getting the better of me.)

KrissiK
Documentation of the ITT Flag 5/1/2017

• Like 7