Menu

Ignore this thread!

1 hour ago, Susan in TN said:

I just checked - 1981.  Must have gotten it used or something.  I was in 6th grade in 1981.

Whippersnapper. My older started first grade in 1981. :-)

I bought my Better Homes and Gardens cookbook in 1970.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Y'all, Mr. Ellie and I have been fired from the bagpipe band. Apparently we don't play well enough for the band.

So now they have no drummers. They cannot compete as a band with no drummers. No other drummers have shown an interest in joining the band.

Such is life.

More free time for me.

On the down side, we acquired quite a bit of drumming paraphernalia (drums, bass drum beaters, clothing parts) that we'll have to think about selling or something.

Whatevs.

• Sad 7

56 minutes ago, Junie said:

I just introduced my teenagers to The Princess Bride.  ?

Awesome

A friend has Princess Bride parties, wherein she invites friends and prints copies of the script; each friend has to choose a part, and then reads that part along with the movie. Of course, sometimes people have more than one part. I have always wanted to do that. :-)

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, Ellie said:

Y'all, Mr. Ellie and I have been fired from the bagpipe band. Apparently we don't play well enough for the band.

So now they have no drummers. They cannot compete as a band with no drummers. No other drummers have shown an interest in joining the band.

Such is life.

More free time for me.

On the down side, we acquired quite a bit of drumming paraphernalia (drums, bass drum beaters, clothing parts) that we'll have to think about selling or something.

Whatevs.

.:angry:  Seriously?  A bunch of Butt McPoopfaces!  

On the bright side, now we have percussionists for the ITT Chamber Orchestra!  :wub:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Good morning!

Godspeed, Angi!

So, have there been studies done on the sleep habits of pregnant wombats with gingivitis?  Somehow that doesn't seem very promising.

More fiddle camp today.  I need to stop at the store for some jam supplies and I'll pick up my bushel of peaches this afternoon.  I ordered 2nds (not perfect) and hope they are pretty decent.  And ripe. They usually are good, and half the price of the 1st quality ones.

Coffee!

• Like 5

Good morning all!

I slept in, actually I went back to sleep after waking early but, I'll take that! 

Happy Birthday to Anji's Ds!

Ellie, I can't believe they had the nerve to fire you and Mr. Ellie, how rude!

Slache-when you wake tell us what a pregnant wombat sleeps like, lol

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Junie said:

Happy 1st Day of Summer!!

A factoid for those who say that Texas doesn't have four seasons. We do. They are Winter, Early Summer, Summer, and Late Summer. Early Summer can begin any time after Christmas; Late Summer can last until Thanksgiving. FYI.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Ellie said:

A factoid for those who say that Texas doesn't have four seasons. We do. They are Winter, Early Summer, Summer, and Late Summer. Early Summer can begin any time after Christmas; Late Summer can last until Thanksgiving. FYI.

Similar to the four seasons of Minnesota: summer, early winter, winter, late winter.  Late Winter generally ends on the Summer Solstice and Early Winter begins on Labor Day.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Did the shopping but forgot milk for Mr. Ellie. After nappage, went back to the store and got milk, plus a couple of other things. Came home and made bread. Looking forward to schlepping around tonight after dinner and whatnot.

That is all.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Ellie said:

Did the shopping but forgot milk for Mr. Ellie. After nappage, went back to the store and got milk, plus a couple of other things. Came home and made bread. Looking forward to schlepping around tonight after dinner and whatnot.

That is all.

Mmmmm, homemade bread. Anything special? Or just white loaves?  I like schlepping and whatnot. I've been too busy to schlep.

• Like 2

My children have returned. I was presented with coffee cups to celebrate, and a bottle of huckleberry syrup. Guess I'll be making pancakes tomorrow. I got a whirlwind tour via 700 pictures, and then both children bolted to check their gardens. So now I can catch my breath, I suppose!

• Like 7

6 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

So what are you doing, Susan? 

Stuff that hurts.  Especially foam-rolling on my IT band. However, I read several articles today that suggested rolling your IT band is probably not as effective as simply doing deep stretches of the muscles around it.  Stair skipping walk.  Wall sitting.  Assisted squatting.  My goal is to be able to do a resting squat.  And eventually maybe even kneel on the floor without severe pain.

Also I have to stop eating popcorn and corn products because they automatically make things hurt and not work right.  Stupid corn.  I love you too much.

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

6 hours ago, KrissiK said:

Mmmmm, homemade bread. Anything special? Or just white loaves?  I like schlepping and whatnot. I've been too busy to schlep.

It's a recipe for English Muffin Bread, from America's Test Kitchen. It's a batter bread, making just two loaves. The recipe calls for bread flour; I use King Arthur unbleached bread flour. Oh, and although the recipe calls for sprinkling corn meal on the pans before putting the batter in them, I forgot once and Mr. Ellie said he liked it better. :-)

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Slache said:

I eated all the things. I don't even know what I'm going to feed the kids tomorrow because I eated it all.

I eated most of the things, too, but I'm the mom, so that means I'm the one who has to go out and get more. ?

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

Good morning. I'm starting the morning as low as a toad for some reason. I think it was going to bed later than usual. I think I'll make the boys start the bedtime merry-go-round a little earlier tonight. Last night one was still trotting back and forth on errands at almost eleven, and I turned into a pumpkin at ten. Apparently, they turned into night owls over vacation, but since I had to be up before the sun every day of the last two weeks to do chores I was way too tired to be pleasant.

Imma have my caffeine now and stop complaining about my blessings, who are currently out messing with their plants. Probably hunting for squash bugs.

• Like 7

Coffee! It's raining and I woke up to DD(10) cooking a "surprise" and she's not the DD who knows how to cook so it was more like a disaster. So MORE coffee!!

And DH is on his 1st full day at work since Feb so I have to actually be the parent when I'm used to being the lazy. Coffee, coffee, coffee, then I will go to Target and buy more coffee!

• Like 9

10 hours ago, Ellie said:

It's a recipe for English Muffin Bread, from America's Test Kitchen. It's a batter bread, making just two loaves. The recipe calls for bread flour; I use King Arthur unbleached bread flour. Oh, and although the recipe calls for sprinkling corn meal on the pans before putting the batter in them, I forgot once and Mr. Ellie said he liked it better. ?

Ohh, I love batter breads. I have a regular old white bread recipe for batter bread. I make it when I make soup for dinner in the winter, since I can make it quick in the afternoon.

• Like 2