Menu

Ignore this thread!

2 hours ago, mama25angels said:

I must learn to write poetry!

Critter has her own poetry page in my ITT document, but anything you care to contribute will be immortalized in the General ITT Archives.  Haikus are particularly forgiving and therapeutic. You are also welcome to make updated verses to the ITT theme song.  (Tune of "This Is The Song That Never Ends").  

2 hours ago, Critterfixer said:

I need to be drinking the second cup of tea and writing. But a purring cat is dancing under my chin and petting my face with her tail. I think she misses her kids.

.  :wub:

• Like 5

How is it almost 11:00 already!?!  :willy_nilly:

I have been looking up my jam recipes and if I make 8 batches of peach jam, that will use up about half the peaches.  That's 40 pints of jam.  :ohmy:  I need to look through supplies and see what I have on hand.  I'm pretty sure I don't have 40 pint jars - we're still eating the blueberry/grape jam from last summer!  I really want to make some strawberry rhubarb.  I have a bit of rhubarb in the freezer, but not quite enough - it is really hard to come by in this area.

Have to make sandwiches and go pick up the girls from fiddle camp.  :seeya:

• Like 5

I was writing and encouraging fellow writers. We tend to be an easily discouraged lot--having a good dose of the stubborns isn't a bad character trait for a writer. The cat continues to act like she's been alone all her life and I'm a terrible person for not petting her every minute of the day. Good job even getting to my keyboard because there's a cat in front of it...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I rearranged the front room. Now I need to sweep it and get the laundry folded and think about baking something for dinner. I was going to fry chicken, but standing over the stove getting popped by grease just isn't appealing right now. I think I'll bake it instead.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Critterfixer said:

I rearranged the front room. Now I need to sweep it and get the laundry folded and think about baking something for dinner. I was going to fry chicken, but standing over the stove getting popped by grease just isn't appealing right now. I think I'll bake it instead.

I'm going to bake mine as well.

• Like 2

We were having Greek veggie burgers. I took a nap with Baby and worked hard on them in my dream. I did it in the food processor, but wah! I woke up and nothing had actually been done and I must start over. I don’t want to do it again even if I didn’t actually do it the first time.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

4 minutes ago, Paige said:

Junie, sorry if I missed it, did they check thyroid and Vit D? 

I don't think so.

I have another appointment next month, so I can ask.

When I found out that my hemoglobin was good, I started wondering about thyroid.

• Like 1

Susan, dynamite.

Jean, dynamite.

Anyone else?  dynamite.

We just waited at the pool for hours until the swim meet was finally cancelled.  So now we're home.  yay.  (I should have signed up to be age group parent tonight instead of the first crazy chaotic week.  Next year, I'm checking the almanac before I sign up.)

I made biscuits earlier this afternoon and they were.... stale?  It was weird - even before I added the milk I could tell the dough smelled funny.  But everything I used was within freshness dates by a year or more.  We went ahead and finished making them and baking them which mostly helped, but you could still taste the "staleness" a little bit.  So weird.  

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Junie said:

I cut ds17's hair.  We should have weighed him before and after.  His hair wasn't long, but it was Thick.

I'm guessing he will feel much cooler!

I have always wanted to weigh myself, shave my head and then weigh myself again. Matt is opposed.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

In an effort to “use it and not lose it”, I am throwing myself into working hard.

Monday:  Vacuumed 1/2 the stairs and the hallway. Shampooed the same. 

Tuesday:  vacuumed living room and dining room. Shampooed the same. 

Wednesday:  vacuumed second 1/2 of stairs and landing, dh’s office and the Schoolroom of Doom. Shampooed the stairs, landing and Dh’s office. 

Guess what I shampoo tomorrow? 

I Am SO SORE!!  But I feel less like a deadbeat mom. And I chiropractored so I’m good.

(PS - what I an trying not to lose is muscle mass and skillz. I am trying to lose fat mass. ). 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Slache said:

I have always wanted to weigh myself, shave my head and then weigh myself again. Matt is opposed.

This morning I weighed myself.  Then drank coffee.  Then weighed again.  (increase of 1.4 lbs).  Then went to the restroom and weighed again - back down .7 lbs.  Net gain of .7 lbs.  ?

Really?  a Booyah on this?  A Let's play with the scale booyah!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Ellie said:

It has been an hour since anyone posted. People are not taking this thread seriously.

I VBSsed thIs morning, lunched with IRL BFF, took DS2 to get his Scout Camp physical, got talked into co-directing Awana TNT Girls next year, worked with DS1 on his English assignment, took DS2, DD1 and DD1’s bestie to jr. high swim party, called my mom and will leave in 20 minutes to take DS1 and his friend to high school swim party.

iTired.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Another Lynn said:

This morning I weighed myself.  Then drank coffee.  Then weighed again.  (increase of 1.4 lbs).  Then went to the restroom and weighed again - back down .7 lbs.  Net gain of .7 lbs.  ?

Really?  a Booyah on this?  A Let's play with the scale booyah!

Scales suck.

#isaidsuck

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, KrissiK said:

You can do biscuits. Get a Betty Crocker cookbook. They have an easy recipe.

1 hour ago, myblessings4 said:

Self-rising flour, butter, buttermilk.  Easiest.

43 minutes ago, Another Lynn said:

Mine is from better homes and gardens, 1989. 

You all have given me hope. I only have regular flour, but I have buttermilk and butter.  I have The All New Joy of Cooking and a very old Better Homes and Gardens with a red & white checked cover, held together with duct tape.  :laugh:  I just checked - 1981.  Must have gotten it used or something.  I was in 6th grade in 1981.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

You all have given me hope. I only have regular flour, but I have buttermilk and butter.  I have The All New Joy of Cooking and a very old Better Homes and Gardens with a red & white checked cover, held together with duct tape.  :laugh:  I just checked - 1981.  Must have gotten it used or something.  I was in 6th grade in 1981.

I was in 6th grade in 1980.?

• Like 3

I vacuumed the bedroom, dusted, threw away some papers and put the curtains up, that I'd taken down yesterday and washed.  Soccer practice was cancelled, thank goodness for the threat of thunderstorms, I lost a game of Rummy to the 10yr old and now I'm headed to bed, I know it's not even 10 o'clock but I'm toast.  See you ladies tomorrow!

• Like 4

I just recently started making biscuits again.  They are drop biscuits made with gluten free bisquick.

When I was a teenager I made biscuits at McDonalds.  Real biscuits made with buttermilk and rolled out.  I made enough to last a lifetime.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1