Menu

Would anyone like a chance to win a free Liberty's Kids DVD?

We bought the entire series, so I have no need of these two DVDs.

Their titles are:

1. 3-Episode Combo

Liberty or Death, Common Sense, Not Yet Begun to Flight

2. Two-Episode Combo

The Midnight Ride/The Turtle

If you would like to be entered for a chance to win, just reply to this thread. I will pick two people, and the first person I pick will get first choice.

I will use the random number generator site to choose.

The cut-off will be Tuesday night at midnight. :D

PS -- You can read episode descriptions here:

http://www.tv.com/libertys-kids/show/6584/episode.html

Edited by nestof3

Sorry! I'm back.

There were 32 responses.

And here are the results:

Random Integer Generator

Here are your random numbers:

2 8 Timestamp: 2009-04-29 04:49:38 UTC

That means the second and eighth posters (not including me obviously) are the winners.

Cathmom has first choice -- just PM which one you would like with your mailing address.

Caryn has the other disc. Please PM me with your mailing address.

Guest kacifl

I copied all of ours from TV. Took a lot of time. We look at them a lot.

I also copied: Magic School Bus, Crash Bang Splatt (science experiments), Time Warp Trio (Geograpy, History), Time Blazers (History, my favorite), Reading Rainbow (spin off of children's books) and the Thornberrys (Geography, Culture, Animal Behavior).

I just wish I had taken the time to copy 'Bill Nye the Science Guy'. I looked into purchasing his dvds and they cost over $2000 dollars!

Sorry! I'm back.

There were 32 responses.

And here are the results:

Random Integer Generator

Here are your random numbers:

2 8 Timestamp: 2009-04-29 04:49:38 UTC

That means the second and eighth posters (not including me obviously) are the winners.

Cathmom has first choice -- just PM which one you would like with your mailing address.

Caryn has the other disc. Please PM me with your mailing address.

Congratulations Cathmom and Caryn!! :hurray: :party: :) And thank you Nestof3 for your generosity. :)

Congrats to the winners! And THANK YOU to OP for your generosity....but also for getting me off my buns to look and see if the library has these, lol. And they do....a 6 DVD set (which I found is also available at Amazon for around $45).

So...I'm 2nd in line at the library for this set and now we can watch the entire series. I'm not sure who is more excited, me or the kids, lol.

Our local PBS station took this series off for yet another preschool show....got nothing against preschoolers, but PBS seems to cater only to them.....there are only 2 shows (and 1 of those is on at 3am) that are for upper elementary. Guess them preschooler parents are contributing more than us older kids parents, lol.

Thanks again!

Congrats to the winners! And THANK YOU to OP for your generosity....but also for getting me off my buns to look and see if the library has these, lol. And they do....a 6 DVD set (which I found is also available at Amazon for around $45).

So...I'm 2nd in line at the library for this set and now we can watch the entire series. I'm not sure who is more excited, me or the kids, lol.

Our local PBS station took this series off for yet another preschool show....got nothing against preschoolers, but PBS seems to cater only to them.....there are only 2 shows (and 1 of those is on at 3am) that are for upper elementary. Guess them preschooler parents are contributing more than us older kids parents, lol.

Thanks again!

Woo Hoo!! :party: Thanks for the suggestion. I didn't even think of checking the library. Mine had the complete 6 DVD set as well. I put it on hold to be sent to my branch! I'm #1 in the hold's list. :) :hurray: :)

Now if they would just get the Que Pasa, USA dvd's I'd really be happy! :) hehe

Woo Hoo!! :party: Thanks for the suggestion. I didn't even think of checking the library. Mine had the complete 6 DVD set as well. I put it on hold to be sent to my branch! I'm #1 in the hold's list. :) :hurray: :)

Now if they would just get the Que Pasa, USA dvd's I'd really be happy! :) hehe

Ask them to order them. Mine orders most of what I request. You might be surprised!

Ask them to order them. Mine orders most of what I request. You might be surprised!

I have asked them so many times. I even did a formal request in writing explaining to them how it is relevant to Florida culture since it is dealing with the lives of Cuban exiles in Miami. I've told them how it is historic because it was the first bilingual program on tv. Nothing. I've been asking them for years and they still don't have it in the county's system :( I really don't want to fork out the 100 bucks to buy it off of PBS either because of all the stuff my library does buy, I think this should be one of them. It makes more sense to have at least one copy of Que Pasa, USA than 100 copies of James Bond Quantum of Solace. ;) :D