Menu

My 3yo ds' nose area stinks...what would cause this?

I'm guessing this is an allergy/congestion issue (because he is congested), but for the past week or so my 3yo ds' face area stinks. At first, I thought it was his breath. I would brush his teeth and bathe him and still the smell was there. I've not encountered this with any of my others. It is so bad right now that my other family members don't like him in their space. :sad: Poor boy. I guess I'm calling the doctor today, but I just wanted to ask here and see if anyone else has had this happen and what you did to help it.

Teresa

I agree with everyone else. Foreign body in nose. Every single one of my children stuck M&Ms up their noses. I have no idea why.

Wow! M&M's times SIX! That's got to be a world record! :001_smile: I mean, the probability of that happening... man I wish I didn't skip highschool Statistics! :lol:

I agree with everyone else. Foreign body in nose. Every single one of my children stuck M&Ms up their noses. I have no idea why.

LOL! Our oldest stuck an M&M up her nose when she was 5. She came crying into our room in the middle of the night, "Mom! Mom! I'm dying! I've got blue boogers!" :lol:

I saw a Dateline or other such program about a woman whose doctors could not figure out what on earth was causing her to have this same problem. It turned out to be a very serious infection (not just a sinus infection, but some sort of nasty infection of the tissue). It had permanent effects for her.

When I saw the title of your thread, it reminded me of that case. I hope your doc can figure it out.

I agree with the others that it is probably a foreign item(my little guy did it 3 times!) Sinus infect. would be my next guess also. There is a third. Does he show any sign of yeast infection? Is his tongue white, is his cheeks rosy? These can be 'signs of' yeast.

...it's just something a kid HAS to experience to know what it feels like.

I think ruling out a foreign body is a must!!! Haven't we all done it? I remember sticking a broken-off pencil eraser up my nose at age 3. I just couldn't resist. I remember it like it was yesterday, and the inevitable ER visit that followed it :001_smile:

Christa

Wow! M&M's times SIX! That's got to be a world record! :001_smile: I mean, the probability of that happening... man I wish I didn't skip highschool Statistics! :lol:

Well, it is possible that they passed it down, as in, "Hey, stick an M&M up your nose, that really freaks her out." :tongue_smilie:

LOL! Our oldest stuck an M&M up her nose when she was 5. She came crying into our room in the middle of the night, "Mom! Mom! I'm dying! I've got blue boogers!" :lol:

:lol: Gotta love them. At least with blue it is pretty obvious what happened. Better than the red. Then you think they are bleeding.