Menu

On this day I do hereby officially acknowledge that I am out of it...

:lol:It makes you wonder how they pass along the code as it constantly evolves.:lol:

My dh knew it but my baby didn't. TG.

My son, when he opened it. My husband and ds15 knew too. Really funny when you consider we have a no casual dating, purity till marriage philosophy.

Well, does he get to wear the shirt? Or are you going to trade it in?

A few years ago my mom was quite upset because she bought a T-shirt for dd. All it said was "Girl Power" on it. But the graphics were of a cute kitty and a group of stemmed cherries. (Think of another word for kitty that starts with a P.)

The only reason I figured it out when I saw it was because you'd already said it was a double entendre. I had no idea. But I had an idea I'd have to ask people as time goes on what slang went what, because that's always changing with teens, etc. Do you really want to say what your parents did? Well, some slang, such as "cool" is still here 30 years later, but groovy has long gone, etc.

Oh, my that is so funny! I'm sure I'd do the same thing, Karenciavo. My husband and I often remark how "un-hip" we are and we wonder when it happened!

I bought a t-shirt for my father-in-law not too long ago. It had a cartoon drawing of a guy flexing his muscles and it said, "Welcome to the gun show". Well, wondering what muscles had to do w/gun shows, but knowing my FIL LOVES real gun shows, I proudly showed my purchase to my husband. After he picked himself off the floor from laughing, he explained what it really meant!

I'm a dork. I guess that term is "out" too, though!

Chelle

I had no idea. Thankfully I didn't buy it also. I saw it somewhere and thought of dh who is a bigtime gamer. I didn't realize so many things had double meanings. However for some reason dh knows most of the "other" meanings. Like he got upset when my mom bought dd a pair of pink jeans that happened to say "baby phat" on the seat. Mom had no idea it was inappropriate for a 6yo (or anyone else).

What'd your son say? :)

He started laughing and acted shocked, kind of like, "Mom! How could you buy a shirt like that for your darling, innocent, 13 yo son?" :lol: And I was like, " Huh :001_huh:? What's wrong with that? It's about Mario right? Getting useful things from the box right? It makes the statement that you're not afraid to try things right?" Then all was revealed. :tongue_smilie:

He started laughing and acted shocked, kind of like, "Mom! How could you buy a shirt like that for your darling, innocent, 13 yo son?" :lol: And I was like, " Huh :001_huh:? What's wrong with that? It's about Mario right? Getting useful things from the box right? It makes the statement that you're not afraid to try things right?" Then all was revealed. :tongue_smilie:

:lol: That sounds like something I or my brother would have said at that age. Of course, my mom would probably have figured it out since she was the one generally making the double entendres (in jest).