Menu

Need a dip recipe for a dip luncheon at work

Ottakee

Next Thursday we are having a dip potluck at work.  Just a small group of 6 of us.   No food allergies/intolerances.

I was thinking of a crab Rangoon dip with wonton strips but am open to other ideas.

Can be warm or cold, sweet or savory, just needs to be easy and transport well.  We can put in oven, crock pot, fridge or microwave as needed.

• Like 1

Super easy, can be doubled or tripled, people always seem to love it:

Soften an 8 oz package of cream cheese to room temperature.

Open a can of minced clams.  Chopped work but minced are better.  Drain, reserving liquid.

Measure 3 tablespoons of the clam juice into a medium mixing bowl.  

Add 1 1/2 tsp Worchestire sauce (no idea how to spell that, sorry)

And 2 tsp lemon juice, bottled is fine.

Sprinkle heavily with garlic powder, and add 3 generous pinches of white pepper.  Stir thoroughly.

Stir in the reserved clams.

Put the cream cheese block in and mix thoroughly with a big fork.  

If you want it soupier after it is well mixed, add a little more clam juice.  I usually end up adding another half tablespoon or so.

Refrigerate until serving, but this is good cold or at room temperature.

I like to eat it with barbecued potato chips or wheat thins best, but any potato chip is good with it.  I don’t much like it with corn or tortilla chips though.  Seems to clash.

• Thanks 1

https://princesspinkygirl.com/brownie-batter-dip/ served with pretzels. This is always a big hit and super easy 

another easy one- refried beans with salsa and cream cheese

Gold Star dip- cream cheese topped with Gold Star (or whatever chili you like) and topped with cheddar cheese. I make in a pie plate and bake. Also can be reheated in the microwave

Edited by saraha
  • Like 1

One of our favorites: 

Soften a block of cream cheese

Spread the cream cheese around the bottom of a 8x8 glass dish or something oven safe. 

Top with a jar of Newman's mango or peach salsa

Top that with cheddar jack or pepper jack cheese

Bake until happy and bubbly in the oven

serve with tortilla chips (tostitos multigrain scoops are really good with this one)

Easy and everyone loves it!

• Like 3

Hot Spinach-Artichoke Dip

8 oz cream cheese, softened

14 oz artichoke hearts, drained and chopped

⅔ C frozen chopped spinach, steamed and drained

¾ C mayonnaise

½ grated parmesan

½ C grated romano

4-oz can of diced green chilies, undrained

1 clove of garlic, minced

Salt

Pepper

Combine and bake at 350 for 25 min.  Serve with pieces of sourdough bread or pita/tortilla chips

Edited by Forget-Me-Not
  • Like 1

Bean dip and tortilla chips.

Mix a can of refried beans and a taco seasoning packet together.  Spread evenly in an 8x8 casserole dish.  Add a layer of sour cream.  Top with cheddar cheese and bake until the warm and the cheese is melted.

I don’t have a recipe, but chocolate hummus with pretzel chips is really good if you want something sweet.

• Like 1

We love this. Saute onion and chorizo or other spicy sausage. Stir in smoked paprika. Add in sliced potato and cover with chicken stock/broth. Simmer until potato is very soft. Add spinach and stir.

Puree, and add water if necessary.  Serve warm.

It freezes well too.

Edited by Laura Corin
  • Like 2

I don't have a recipe for this, but I just had the most amazing dip at snack day at school on Friday. There were torn pieces of rye  bread and the dip was a creamy concoction with pureed corned beef in it. That's all I could detect, but I'm going to have to find out how to make it.It was delicious!!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, math teacher said:

I don't have a recipe for this, but I just had the most amazing dip at snack day at school on Friday. There were torn pieces of rye  bread and the dip was a creamy concoction with pureed corned beef in it. That's all I could detect, but I'm going to have to find out how to make it.It was delicious!!

Was it like a Reuben dip?

4 hours ago, math teacher said:

4 hours ago, Ottakee said:

Was it like a Reuben dip?

It sounds like it might be a chipped beef dip.

usually chipped beef, cream cheese and seasonings.

• Like 3

Two of my favorites I did at Thanksgiving

Chilli dip

Two cans chilli

1 brick cream cheese

1 cup salsa

1-2 cups cheese

Warm in crockpot and serve with tortilla chips

Raspberry jalapeno

Block of cream cheese covered with raspberry jalapeno jam. You can sometimes find it in the grocery store but I made it this year. Serve with pretzel chips or other salty crackers 

My family loves buffalo chicken dip, served with tortilla chips. I don’t really have a recipe, but I cook a couple chicken breast’s in the instant pot and shred. Then I mix in a block of softened cream cheese, 1/2 cup ranch dressing, 1/2 cup red hot sauce, and some shredded cheddar cheese. Top with more shredded cheddar cheese and bake until bubbly. Yummmm!!

Edited by Just Kate
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, Just Kate said:

My family loves buffalo chicken dip, served with tortilla chips. I don’t really have a recipe, but I cook a couple chicken breast’s in the instant pot and shred. Then I mix in a block of softened cream cheese, 1/2 cup ranch dressing, 1/2 cup red hot sauce, and some shredded cheddar cheese. Top with more shredded cheddar cheese and bake u til bubbly. Yummmm!!

We like this one too. I put the cream cheese on the bottom of a casserole dish, topped by a jar of bleu cheese dressing, then 3 cups of shredded chx mixed with hot sauce and melted butter. Bake til warm through and serve with Fritos scoops and celery sticks. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Myra said:

marshmellow fluff

cream cheese

mix above two ingredients

serve with wedges of apple, oranges, etc.

sound too simple to taste good - but believe me it is delicious

I make this and add a few tablespoons or jam or jelly, usually strawberry or raspberry. It makes it a pretty pink color and adds a hint of fruit flavor

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Myra said:

marshmellow fluff

cream cheese

mix above two ingredients

serve with wedges of apple, oranges, etc.

sound too simple to taste good - but believe me it is delicious

Another super easy fruit dip:

1 (8 oz.) pkg. softened cream cheese (dairy- or plant-based)

1/2 c. brown sugar

1 tsp. vanilla

Mix with mixer until smooth. 

• Like 2