Menu

How do you store your tea bags- problem solved!

Hilltopmom

We have lots of tea bags- all 3 adults here drink different kinds. There has to be something better than this jumbled mess of half filled boxes, lol.

Any tea box or storage system you like?

thanks

ETA- thanks all! I’m going with the drawer idea 🙂

AD286086-18EF-4029-A8DC-B8533F2D4616.jpeg

Edited by Hilltopmom
  • Like 3

I keep a bread box on my counter - ours is for coffee stuff, but also some tea boxes end up there (the most-used ones). If you are all mostly tea drinkers, you can fit several of them in there (about 4 or 5 across, and at least 2 layers).  When you end up with half used boxes, you could transfer to little plastic bins or something instead (or just go straight to that). 

You can use the top of the bread box to store stuff like the sugar canister, honey, etc. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, TheReader said:

I keep a bread box on my counter - ours is for coffee stuff, but also some tea boxes end up there (the most-used ones). If you are all mostly tea drinkers, you can fit several of them in there (about 4 or 5 across, and at least 2 layers).  When you end up with half used boxes, you could transfer to little plastic bins or something instead (or just go straight to that). 

You can use the top of the bread box to store stuff like the sugar canister, honey, etc. 

ha ha--great minds! 🙂 

• Haha 1

I have a tension divider in a kitchen drawer. The divider fits up against a row of boxes of tea bags and holds them in place. My cutting board fits on the other side of the diver.  I tear the tops and flaps off the boxes, so it leaves a neat row of open boxes. It’s easy to grab the tea bag you want. I store loose herbal tea in a coffee gator type container. 

• Like 1

I have a bamboo tea organizer with a clear lid for tea bags that are in Individual packets.(poor choice of words, but you know what I mean.)

Other brands the bags are still in their boxes, and I have a clear organizer for those couple of boxes.

As I replace those, I will be looking for the brands where they are in  individual  packets. Those mostly empty boxes take  up a lot of space,    but I can’t take them out as then I have no clue if it’s raspberry or pomegranate tea. 

Edited by KatieJ
  • Like 2

I have limited space on the counter and in upper cabinets, and I drink a lot of tea, so I keep the boxes in a large drawer. I tear the tops off the boxes of the individually wrapped ones so I can just grab a bag; it's like a large scale version of the counter-top boxes they sell.  (The empty box is green tea chai; I used the last bag this morning but have a case of 6 boxes coming from Amazon today. I keep all the back up boxes in the pantry.)

IMG_7604.JPG

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Emba said:

I store mine much as you store yours, in an untidy jumble the cabinet. But if I had the counter space, I would love something like this organizer.

Yep, me too. It's a mess, but we don't seem to have trouble finding the tea we want in the moment, so... 😄

That organizer is adorable, and I would love it but also lack counter space. Well, and it would drive some family members nuts, having to potentially open multiple drawers to get to the tea they want. (Yes I know people could remember which tea is in which drawer... some people anyway. Not mine! 🤣)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Corraleno said:

I have limited space on the counter and in upper cabinets, and I drink a lot of tea, so I keep the boxes in a large drawer. I tear the tops off the boxes of the individually wrapped ones so I can just grab a bag; it's like a large scale version of the counter-top boxes they sell.  (The empty box is green tea chai; I used the last bag this morning but have a case of 6 boxes coming from Amazon today. I keep all the back up boxes in the pantry.)

IMG_7604.JPG

This is genius!!!

I have a lot of drawers, some just have random stuff in that can be re homed.

thank you!!

look at all the drawers, and that’s only one side!

23130858-09CB-4C2B-8FA3-84A81B1C28A2.jpeg

• Like 3

• Hilltopmom changed the title to How do you store your tea bags- problem solved!
2 hours ago, KatieJ said:

I have a bamboo tea organizer with a clear lid for tea bags that are in Individual packets.(poor choice of words, but you know what I mean.)

Other brands the bags are still in their boxes, and I have a clear organizer for those couple of boxes.

As I replace those, I will be looking for the brands where they are in  individual  packets. Those mostly empty boxes take  up a lot of space,    but I can’t take them out as then I have no clue if it’s raspberry or pomegranate tea. 

This is what I’ve recently gone to, making sure I get individually wrapped bags and a tea box with compartments. I do usually have a tin of nice Harney teabags, which stay in their own container, but it’s pretty.  It’s mostly me now as the l only one who drinks tea here, and I like Bigelow teas which come individually wrapped. I do like some of the other brands and flavors that don’t come individually wrapped, but I’m willing to pass on them these days, or maybe just pick them up for company. We used to keep a tub of various teas in their boxes, which took up a whole kitchen cabinet shelf and was not always easy to fish through, but I’m not willing to do that anymore. 

2 hours ago, Corraleno said:

IMG_7604.JPG

This is fabulous! Five years ago I would have totally copied you on this. It’s functional and pretty. 

I rarely drink tea. Mark drinks all the tea. I am not certain he has ever met a tea he does not like. Therefore an entire cupboard of my kitchen is devoted to an incoherent, random, epic pile of boxes and tins of tea. This is how has they are stored, and I cannot "organize" them because some how, some way, this makes sense to him, and he might not be able to find the tea he is craving if this is messed with so as to NOT ruin his tea mojo, I do.not.touch. 😁

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, happi duck said:

@Brittany1116

I bought my boxes at Container Store ages ago.  These aren't the ones I have but seem similar: https://www.containerstore.com/s/linus-tea-storage-box/d?q=Tea&productId=11010062

I fit extra by turning every other tea packet upside down.

Thank you 🙂

5 hours ago, KatieJ said:

Look for tea organizers on Amazon.

I didn't find the same style, but did find another option. 

23 hours ago, crazyforlatin said:

This was a lot of fun looking at your teas.  @Hilltopmomi envy your kitchen! It’s huge! You worked fast and it looks so much better now.

Thanks. Our last house had a tiny galley kitchen with the table in the living room. It was rough.

This one was an addition to the original house and was built into the breezeway that had been between the house and garage, hence the long narrow shape on that side. When dh saw it he said “we have to buy this house”, lol.

I would’ve chosen different counters and cabinets but they work just fine 🙂

• Like 1