Menu

Paper dixie cups?!

BlsdMama

10 minutes ago, BlsdMama said:

It didn't occur to me that I would need to have them shipped! I'm making a cute little gift for 21 high school coaches for *Thursday* and I need to find these or switch my game plan! Any ideas?

We checked Target, Wal-Mart, CVS, Walgreens, Dollar General so far,..........

Party city,Big lots,restaurant supply store?

Edited by mominco
typo

I wonder if there is a shortage? Or if stores just aren't selling them? I checked my local Walmart and Target and they don't have them either. Weird! 

It looks like Dollar Tree carries them, but my local store does not have them in stock. Search for "Small Designer Paper Cups" on their site to see if they are in stock by you.

8 hours ago, Pawz4me said:

I believe the main factory that made Dixie cups was closed last year.

5 hours ago, happi duck said:

Dixie has paused production https://www.dixie.com/small-paper-cups 

Wow, that is interesting!  I had no idea! 

8 hours ago, mlktwins said:

I've had a lot of trouble find the little paper ones for the bathroom.

I had the same problem!  I ended up ordering a package of generic ones from somewhere but haven't tried them yet (I can't remember where I got them).  I think they are plastic though.

I'm searching all your suggestions - thank you!

This thread might be the most perfect example of how the Hive works, lol, adding just a little info each time.  I woke up in the middle of the night and read the thread. When we got up this AM, I was telling DH it might be impossible to find the little paper Dixie cups because ... And he asked if I dreamt it. 😉 Nope. The Hive knows all the things!

As an alternative I did find on Pinterest how to make "snowman soup" with the white styrofoam cups so maybe I'll go that route.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Pippen said:

I'm not sure where you're located but Kroger and Jewel Osco both carry them. 

I ran into the same problem in fall looking for plastic 3 ounce cups I needed for a lab. Walmart always used to carry them.

I just bought a pack of 3 oz plastic cups from my Walmart--100 count for $2.52. They are white though--maybe you needed clear. I'm using them to start seeds. I was looking for paper, too--so I could compare performance. I had no idea about the Dixie thing. 

• Thanks 1