Menu

Geography buffs: Worldle

wintermom

https://worldle.teuteuf.fr/

It gives the outline of a country, and you have 6 tries to guess it.

It will tell you how far away (km), and in which direction, the actual country is from your guess.

I did alright for the first day!

#Worldle #82 3/6 (100%)
🟩🟩🟩🟩➡️
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟨➡️
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🎉
https://worldle.teuteuf.fr

Edited by wintermom
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 6

#Worldle #82 2/6 (100%)
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟨⬆️
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🎉

Wish I could say this is mine. It’s not. It belongs to one of my sons. He’s pretty good at geography. He always has been. I think this version is more fun than the original, but I wouldn’t be good at it.  

• Thanks 1

My DD has been doing geography this year and has spent a lot of time outlining maps. I wasn't sure if it was helpful but after playing worldle for a month or so and watching her get the country on the first guess almost every time I'm seeing the value in it. LOL! She and her dad compete to see who can guess correctly the fastest. She almost always wins (and he's VERY good at geography).

Another game that we like playing is Globle. There's a mystery country every day and you have to guess it. It will give you how close the border of your guess is to the mystery country and is really fun.

Edited by importswim
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, importswim said:

Another game that we like playing is Globle. There's a mystery country every day and you have to guess it. It will give you how close the border of your guess is to the mystery country and is really fun.

I just tried and could not for the life of me get it, even though you get unlimited guesses. I got to the right part of the right continent by my third guess (so, deep red) and then went all around there and have a map that is deep red right up to the coast and then progressively lighter concentrically around there. But there are no countries in the dark red area left to click on. I am so puzzled. Is there any way to see the answer?

14 hours ago, KSera said:

I just tried and could not for the life of me get it, even though you get unlimited guesses. I got to the right part of the right continent by my third guess (so, deep red) and then went all around there and have a map that is deep red right up to the coast and then progressively lighter concentrically around there. But there are no countries in the dark red area left to click on. I am so puzzled. Is there any way to see the answer?

I thought that after 6 guesses it would tell you the answer. I don't use the map feature. Maybe there's a tiny country you don't see on the map, but it's still there?

ETA: I just realized that I'm playing on an older version. It may be quite different than your version.

Edited by wintermom

3 hours ago, wintermom said:

I thought that after 6 guesses it would tell you the answer. I don't use the map feature. Maybe there's a tiny country you don't see on the map, but it's still there?

ETA: I just realized that I'm playing on an older version. It may be quite different than your version.

I’m sorry, I think it was confusing because I was replying about the other game called Globle that @importswim posted about. I think you’re talking about worldle? I never did figure out the Globle answer. There was one tiny island nearby there, but it wouldn’t even except that one as a possible answer when I tried it. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Indigo Blue said:

Anyone try today’s? Any smarties getting this one on the first or second try? Not me. I ended up in the right area, but I didn’t know the county name.

I didn't get it today and I am not surprised.  I was getting the countries nearby too but had forgotten that country was there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Indigo Blue said:

Anyone try today’s? Any smarties getting this one on the first or second try? Not me. I ended up in the right area, but I didn’t know the county name.

I did get it on the 3rd try.   I grew up in an African country though.   I feel I had a bit of an advantage.

• Like 2

#Worldle #84 X/6 (97%)
🟩🟩🟩🟩⬅️
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟨↘️
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟨⬆️
🟩🟩🟩🟩↖️
🟩🟩🟩🟩⬅️
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟨↖️

DD and I just started studying this general region in geography yesterday, but neither of us could get today's country! I was trying so hard to remember a mnemonic video.

Well, crud. I knew I shouldn't have opened this thread! I didn't need another daily addiction! 😜

I agree it's cool that it gives you clues and then you can see it on a map. Love it! (Oh, and I didn't get it right today, but I correctly guessed the continent, then wracked my brain for countries singing Geography Songs, which we haven't listened to in ages, so I am rusty to say the least!) 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 4/13/2022 at 5:48 PM, KSera said:

Was that the Sao Tome and Principe day? My DD did get that one but probably because she did Africa relatively recently. I haven't done it in a couple of days, though!

Do you guys see a map on worldle? It just shows me the country shape...🤔

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, importswim said:

Was that the Sao Tome and Principe day? My DD did get that one but probably because she did Africa relatively recently. I haven't done it in a couple of days, though!

Worldle is just the shape but after the answer there's a link to the country on Google maps.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, importswim said:

Yes! Thank you. I tried São Tomé and it wouldn’t take it. Thank you for solving the mystery. That was a rough one for my first time trying the game!

• Like 2

My beginners' luck ran out today. I had it narrowed between 2 countries on try #6, and I picked the wrong one. I went all around it.

#Worldle #85 X/6 (98%)
🟩🟩🟩⬅️
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟨⬅️
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟨⬅️
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟨↙️
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟨↙️
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟨⬇️

• 2 weeks later...

I'm back playing Worldle regularly. I'm enjoying learning new countries, up-dating new names of countries I had learned the old names (particularly challenged with Africa). 

This morning I learned about a gorgeous series of islands. I want to go there!! Actually, I'd love to go to any of the islands I had guessed, as well as the correct Worldle island. ☺️

• Like 2