Menu

2021 Year in Review - Day 9

Granny_Weatherwax

A wonderful new hiking partner!  We served together on a committee and just happened to decide to go for a walk one day.  She likes bushwacking and adventure as much as I do, and we're even talking about writing a book together.  So grateful to have met her.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

TravelingChris from here on the board. She was vacationing about an hour away, so I drove down and we had lunch. It was so nice to actually meet in person. 

If I can add a second one, a man who came to repair my dryer this week. You know we live in a new town, but it's the town where my family is from originally. This man has been in the business for 44 years. He knew my grandparents well and remembered stories and conversations with them that I loved hearing. Some of the things he remembers them saying were so much like them I could almost hear them. 

I know I'm sappy sentimental about my family. I love them so very much! My dh and I lost 6 very close family members within a 7 year period. Some were older and expected, but some were tragic. It has made me realize that, although we aren't meant to stay here forever, our time here is precious. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Hannah said:

I also met my new team at work - same company, different business area - and they are absolutely the best!  I'm so fortunate to have great colleagues.

See...you did meet new people.

That's what I love about reviewing the year. Once you (general you) begin thinking about it and neural networks begin working your answers may change.  It's why I always leave a few extra lines in my journal for this mental exercise. I go back and add in new things as I remember them.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TexasProud said:

I am glad I met my mom's oncologist and her unbelievably wonderful nurse who have gone WAY above the call of duty. Gave them both a honey gift basket from some local growers.  Also glad I met the home health nurse and my mom's caregiver. Both are awesome people. 

I'm so happy you met these wonderful people but sad that it was necessary.  Sending gentle hugs.

• Like 6

My oncologist's NP.    I really like my oncologist but had to see her NP at my last visit.  The NP turned out to be as kind and understanding as my NP.  She looked me in my eyes and told me that she knew that women with my type of breast cancer suffer and that it is unfair.   Her warm manner and just the acknowledgement that the treatment side effects are almost unbearable at times meant so much to me.   

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I am glad to have met a friend-of-a-friend when I put out feelers on Facebook about forming a women’s adventure group.  I’ll just call her A. I can tell A. is exactly what I hoped for when I put out the call and I’m so happy she responded. The rest of the group members are people I already knew, at least a little bit, but she is a totally new friend. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I'm glad I met my co-workers.  I was assigned to this site for my last clinical rotation.  I was just coming off a soul-crushing rotation and it was a breath of fresh air to work with people who knew how to give constructive criticism and knew how to help me succeed.  They are a lovely group.  Even on days when I screw up, they are supportive in helping me learn from the experience and not dwell on it.  The doctors and nurses are great to work with. 

When the weather was nice and could meet outside, the sonographers met for trivia night and even made a great team there.  We called ourselves "Team Hertz so Good."  (As in a measure of frequency of sound waves.)  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I got to meet in person a woman I've only met online before. We had a few classes together last year, and I just ran across her at school earlier this fall. We have some of the same nerdy interests, so it was nice to chat with her. We've gone to a few of the same activities this year too. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1