Katy

• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, historically accurate said:

No description available.

I attended 2dd's induction ceremony for the new PharmD students.
They were required to wear business dress to the ceremony.
The dean commented her appreciation for them doing so, and her (resigned) expectation that starting the next day they'd be in pajamas. 

On 9/25/2023 at 6:45 PM, gardenmom5 said:

I attended 2dd's induction ceremony for the new PharmD students.
They were required to wear business dress to the ceremony.
The dean commented her appreciation for them doing so, and her (resigned) expectation that starting the next day they'd be in pajamas. 

At work my husband is surrounded by young pharmacists and techs with tattoos and wearing scrubs, about as far away as you can get from business dress. I suppose there are places where pharmacists wear business dress and white coats to work, but hospital jobs are generally the most coveted.

2 hours ago, Frances said:

At work my husband is surrounded by young pharmacists and techs with tattoos and wearing scrubs, about as far away as you can get from business dress. I suppose there are places where pharmacists wear business dress and white coats to work, but hospital jobs are generally the most coveted.

Business dress was required for their ceremony for their doctoral program.  She wore casual clothes on school days.  Her student job was at another hospital (not associated with the medical school).  On days she worked she'd either wear scrubs or business dress depending upon what she was going to be doing.  (that hospital also had an outpatient pharmacy.)  Her very first day of her student hospital job was prepping IVs . . . (she had to scrub up for that.)  She hadn't even started taking classes.

She works in a hospital and generally wears (turquoise*) scrubs.  (which makes for an easy working wardrobe).  Occasionally she needs to wear business dress (no white jacket) if she's doing a presentation to MDs and/or Nurses.

She also has to certify every two years for cpr & crash teams.  'cause she will be in the room with her drug cart during a code blue, and has to know enough to know exactly what drugs will be needed so she can have them available as soon as the dr wants it.

Even costco pharmacists (among her classmates, they were considered the most coveted for the dispensing/strip mall pharmacist.  No graveyards, no holidays, good benefits, treat their employees well.) have business dress under their white jackets.

* her hospital is one where job description dictates color of scrubs. 

Neither meme nor joke, really, but someone in my rescue group posted this today, and I thought many here could relate:

It breaks my heart to write this…..but I’m looking to rehome my children, ages 16 and 19. Honestly, I didn’t do enough research about having kids before making this commitment & they just don’t fit into mine & my dog’s schedules anymore. The dogs and I are so busy. Also, the kids are starting to have behavioral issues that they never had as newborns & we’ve tried everything to work through these issues but it’s not improving & we just can’t have this much of a liability in our home anymore. They are ruining my marriage due to stress, waking me up early & tearing up my house, ruining my furniture, my walls, everything. They are potty trained and extremely treat motivated, but neither one listens to commands very well. Also, we’re moving & have found a home with a lot of room for the dogs but just couldn’t find one with enough bedrooms for these kids. It saddens me (please no judging or negative comments) and I am aware of how much emotional damage this will be on them & probably never fully recover from being abandoned but it’s just the circumstance we’re dealing with but please PM me if interested. There is a re-homing fee because I want to make sure that they get a good home!

yours sincerely,

Every Dog Rescue on the planet.

• Like 3
  • Haha 6