Menu

Jokes & memes

Katy

2 hours ago, Terabith said:

IMG_4552.jpeg

Except . . . 
As Gabrial Iglesis responded to the officer asking him if he knew why he was pulled over after leaving Krispy Kreme . .  "Because you can smell them".  (he got out of tickets by making the cop laugh)

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Terabith said:

IMG_4566.jpeg

😂😂😂 Fair fight? When has a cat even fought fair? They win no matter what the fight.

We had a vet one time suggest that we soak a cat's tail three times a day to help it heal. I looked at him like he was the biggest dunce on the planet and said, "Lop that tail off. I value my own life more than the cat's." Mark was too sappy though and said "we'd" try it which was uhm, no, not me in that. After a major battle in the bathroom, he lost a lot of skin, and promptly took the cat back to the vet. Cat lost part of his tail.

If you have to fight a cat fight dirty! 😁

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Faith-manor said:

😂😂😂 Fair fight? When has a cat even fought fair? They win no matter what the fight.

We had a vet one time suggest that we soak a cat's tail three times a day to help it heal. I looked at him like he was the biggest dunce on the planet and said, "Lop that tail off. I value my own life more than the cat's." Mark was too sappy though and said "we'd" try it which was uhm, no, not me in that. After a major battle in the bathroom, he lost a lot of skin, and promptly took the cat back to the vet. Cat lost part of his tail.

If you have to fight a cat fight dirty! 😁

I've had some cat vs vet videos pop up.  Vet's are wearing VERY heavy gloves - and there are two of them to handle the "wild" cat.  People in the comments gripe how mean the vets are being and they should be more gentle with the cat. . . . 
Maybe they'd prefer the ONE vet that grabbed that "wild" cat by the scruff of the neck and it went from "i'm going to kill you" to "meow, I want my mommy" freeze mode.

But there are cat bags that have zippers to reach each foot or tail.  Only the head pokes out.  I had to put my cat in one to be able to clip his claws.  I'd take him to the vet to clip them - and they never could.   I'd give him lots of treats while doing so.  He had one sensitive toe that would set him off.  I had the vet look at it, but she couldn't see anything.

2 hours ago, Alte Veste Academy said:

IMG_6138.jpeg

That's actually rather sexist.

In my sil's Christmas letter, she told of one of their projects this year.  (their family *always* has "projects".)   Finishing the garage workbench/tool area at their daughter's house.  She's the one that is using tools.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Alte Veste Academy said:

IMG_6138.jpeg

That’s really weird to me, TBH. What about the technology dad? The LEGO dad? The dance dad? The jogging dad, the homework dad, the laundry dad? I could go on. The world just doesn’t work like this anymore here in the US.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, TechWife said:

That’s really weird to me, TBH. What about the technology dad? The LEGO dad? The dance dad? The jogging dad, the homework dad, the laundry dad? I could go on. The world just doesn’t work like this anymore here in the US.

It’s a battery thing. Since the advent of rechargeable took batteries that can power a suite of tools, you kinda have to choose a brand.

DS spent a lot of thought in his brand. He’s not a dad, but he started collecting tools as a young teen.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TechWife said:

I don't think it is saying that men are only sorted as the brand of power tools they have. It is just common for someone to pick a brand and stick with it. Either by what brand they prefer due to quality or because if they stick with the same brand, the batteries are often interchangeable.  So a dance dad, can still be a Ryobi dad, if that is the brand of power tools they have.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Thanks for explaining about the batteries @kbutton and @Tap. I had no idea. The only hand power tool we have is a drill. It’s orange & the same brand as our hands vac. The brand sounds like two last names, but I have no idea what it is at the moment. The batteries aren’t interchangeable so that never would have occurred to me! You can tell we don’t do a lot of work around the house. I can repair minor stuff but neither one of us would try to build something.😀

• Like 1