Menu

Free Krispy Kreme donut every day this year if you've been vaxed

MercyA

14 hours ago, Junie said:

I think it's a generous offer, but the irony is that since I'm allergic to wheat, Krispy Kreme is more deadly to me than COVID.  🙂

I'm glad others will get to enjoy it, though!

Yeah, I'm hoping other businesss jump on board. Looking at your, Starbucks!!!! Free iced americano or cold brew - just once, mind you - would be awesome! Like getting a lollipop after a shot. 

Hmm...maybe in areas where Covid Vaccine skepticism is high, they could hand out a free donut at the mass vaccine places, on your way out. Get your Fauci Ouchi, then walk out and get a donut. Works for blood mobile places! 

• Like 5

Just now, ktgrok said:

Yeah, I'm hoping other businesss jump on board. Looking at your, Starbucks!!!! Free iced americano or cold brew - just once, mind you - would be awesome! Like getting a lollipop after a shot. 

Hmm...maybe in areas where Covid Vaccine skepticism is high, they could hand out a free donut at the mass vaccine places, on your way out. Get your Fauci Ouchi, then walk out and get a donut. Works for blood mobile places! 

Oh, let there be free coffee drinks!

I hope lots of places do this.  We can’t do donuts (gluten and other stuff), but I think it’s incredibly cool that they are doing this till the end of the year.  

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Dreamergal said:

🤣🤣🤣 🤣🤣🤣 

You made this up or does this term really exist ? I want this on a sticker when I am vaccinated. 

It's a thing. 

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Fauci_ouchie

Do a search for Fauchi Ouchie shirts and stickers and you'll find one you like. 

Edited by Lady Florida.

Through December 31st, Krispy Kreme is offering a FREE Original Glazed Doughnut to anyone who shows their COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card – no coupon needed. Even better, you can score a free doughnut EACH DAY! Plus, if everyone in your household has been vaccinated and has their own card, everyone gets a free doughnut!

Note that you have to have your own vaccination card and this offer is only valid in-shop or through the drive-thru, online orders do not qualify.

Haven’t received your vaccination yet or don’t want to get one? Starting Monday, March 29th through May 24th, on every Monday, you can score a free Original Glazed doughnut and a medium brewed coffee!

From hip2save

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, mommyoffive said:

Through December 31st, Krispy Kreme is offering a FREE Original Glazed Doughnut to anyone who shows their COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card – no coupon needed. Even better, you can score a free doughnut EACH DAY! Plus, if everyone in your household has been vaccinated and has their own card, everyone gets a free doughnut!

Note that you have to have your own vaccination card and this offer is only valid in-shop or through the drive-thru, online orders do not qualify.

Haven’t received your vaccination yet or don’t want to get one? Starting Monday, March 29th through May 24th, on every Monday, you can score a free Original Glazed doughnut and a medium brewed coffee!

From hip2save

Wait you get a free donut if you have a vaccine, or if you "don't want to get one"?  I thought the point was to reinforce vaccination.  

I think that the message of "we know some of you wish you had a vaccine, and are not yet eligible.  We have free donuts for you too on Mondays, to cheer you up while you wait" would be fine, but it kind of destroys the message to say "we have donuts for people who don't want to get vaccinated".  

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, BaseballandHockey said:

Wait you get a free donut if you have a vaccine, or if you "don't want to get one"?  I thought the point was to reinforce vaccination.  

I think that the message of "we know some of you wish you had a vaccine, and are not yet eligible.  We have free donuts for you too on Mondays, to cheer you up while you wait" would be fine, but it kind of destroys the message to say "we have donuts for people who don't want to get vaccinated".  

It sounds like they are not trying to say "don't get the vaccine", but that they know some people can't get it now and some people maybe can't at all with their health so they are trying to offer something for them too. 

Here is the offer right from Krispy Kreme

Krispy Kreme - Promotions

Edited by mommyoffive
  • Like 1

This is such a nice thing to do.  I also wish more businesses would offer similar perks.  We have 2 KK's within a 30 min (with traffic) drive but they are always packed, even before this offer, so I can only imagine how long the lines are now.  There isn't enough alcohol (or masks) to make it worthwhile.  But it is still awfully nice of them.

• Like 2

The thing is, I have never stepped foot in a Krispy Kreme without being offered a free sample. I guess this is because I often have a passel of children with me who want to watch the doughnuts being made, but still, the bar for getting a freebie is pretty low every day.

2 minutes ago, wendyroo said:

The thing is, I have never stepped foot in a Krispy Kreme without being offered a free sample. I guess this is because I often have a passel of children with me who want to watch the doughnuts being made, but still, the bar for getting a freebie is pretty low every day.

I think the deal usually is that you can get a free donut anytime the "fresh donuts" light is on in the window. I have the vague impression that they turn on the sign when they run the machine?

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, BaseballandHockey said:

Yeah, that bugs me, too. But the free ones for unvaccinated people are only on Mondays, only for about a month and a half. The free ones for vaccinated people are every day for a year. 

They probably know they'd have a bunch of people whining if they didn't do this. 🙄 I totally agree that a "while you wait" message would be FAR better.

Edited by MercyA
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SKL said:

Am I the only person who hates this on various grounds?

A KK donut every day will create several of the comorbidities that make Covid dangerous.  Yay I guess?

There are actually only 10 grams of sugar in a Krispy Kreme glazed donut. Less than most yogurt, breakfast cereal, granola bars, etc. I know this only because it got posted in a meme once - something about how a Frappucinno or something  was equal to X number of Krispy Kremes and I quickly did the math and was like, "wait, a Krispy Kreme is ONLY 10 grams of sugar! Ima get one!" which I am SURE was not the point of the meme, lol. 

But seriously, less than 200 calories and 10 grams of sugar - not healthy at all, but not going to give anyone diabetes or obesity if they get one now and then. Problem is when you eat a bunch of them, because they are so light and fluffy and go down like nothing, lol. But if you stick to your free one, not so terrible. They truly are mostly air, lol. 

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, MercyA said:

That is amazing. Not health food, of course, but, yeah, a bowl of Raisin Bran has 20 grams!

It really is shockingly low in sugar. Now, I can't say how much fat is in it, or what kind...if it was transfat I'd be concerned but I don't think places still use that? And again, it is way too easy to eat multiple. But one? meh. Not on my radar as a health issue. Happy surprise!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MercyA said:

This reminds me of a marijuana dispensary in Michigan that offered "Pot for a Shot"--a free joint to anyone who received the vaccine in February. 😁

Imagine if they did a cross promotion with Krispy Kreme. Perfect synergy. LOL.

There was a KK not so far from my house. It opened with intense media hoopla. All the local news stations covered it. Cars were backed up for miles in the initial months after opening.

But then it failed. Not sure what happened. 

Bill 

• Haha 1