Menu

Help me find jeans for my son

Chris in VA

Ok, I KNOW a person should feel free to wear whatever they want. I am momming so hard right now. The situation is (and I will delete so dont quote pls) my 31 yo son needs jeans, likes relaxed fit, and gets most of his wardrobe at Walmart. I don't really have a problem with that, but he would like to date and I would like to help him step it up a bit. Of course I would love him to date someone who doesnt care about brands or whatever, but that said, I know there are brands that fit well and dont look quite so cheap and sloppy. I am being rather shallow but maybe ykwim. 

So, what mid priced brands should I look at? Top would be $50. He wears these with t shirts so I got a few new henleys and ts to go with. He is a 36/32 so he has put on a few pounds bc of his work at home job as a video editor. 

Thanks. And thx for understanding. 

• Like 1

Look on Amazon. I found several pairs of nice jeans for my son to start college in. It was great because we could return anything he didn’t like for free. His favorite pairs ended up being the Buffalo David brand, which were on sale for about $43. They are very stretchy and he ended up sizing down in the waist as recommended in the reviews.

eta- several are on sale for cyber Monday!

Edited by TrulySusan

My son lived in baggy cargo pants for a long time, but when he left for college he agreed he ought to step it up a bit. My daughter and I took  him shopping at Target and found a lot of choices for him.  They had jeans and other casual trousers in all the different fits.  It was better for him to try on in the store, ymmv on that. (Of course now there is no trying on in store anyway, at least around here!)

40 minutes ago, marbel said:

My son lived in baggy cargo pants for a long time, but when he left for college he agreed he ought to step it up a bit. My daughter and I took  him shopping at Target and found a lot of choices for him.  They had jeans and other casual trousers in all the different fits.  It was better for him to try on in the store, ymmv on that. (Of course now there is no trying on in store anyway, at least around here!)

Anything I buy will be online from here in Jerusalem and sent to where he is spending Xmas, but it would be good to maybe try a store like Target where he can return them at home if he needs to. 

I just don't know what brands may be a little trendy or in fashion.  Anybody? 

I’m not sure what’s trendy, but Levi’s still look really good in the right fit, imho. All boys and men in this house, whether teen or adult wear them. I agree with pp about amazon and free returns. I ordered my son a bunch of jeans and returned (for free) the ones that didn’t fit. It was pretty easy. 

Re:fit. In Levi’s, I would NOT go with relaxed, just bc in Levi’s that’s pretty baggy and not really the most current look. However, they do have styles that are still looser and not skinny, but not so baggy. Like this cut maybe. 

• Like 1

I really like Levi’s but they can be hard to find for under 50 at least in my son’s size.  

he also wears Aeropostale jeans.  They have updated looks for a reasonable price.  Plus a lot of their jeans have some stretch to them.  They also have a wide variety of sizes easily available.   I know some of his friends consider that their Jean source too and he is a college student.   ETA - oh he has some American Eagle jeans too.

Edited by FuzzyCatz

Indigo or black jeans look most slimming. Regardless of brands, the most fitting jeans looks the least sloppy. I go for those that say it has a bit of stretch, easier to put on and accommodates the after meals bloat. 

I don’t think it’s shallow to want to look good in clothes. Unless someone already know someone very well, people do look at aesthetics aspects. 

• Like 2