Menu

Am I supposed to tip?

Night Elf

Normally I would tip 15%.  Right now I tip 20% because I want to support business/workers right now when I can.  Most restaurants around here are still only doing curbside or delivery, so the workers are losing out on a lot of money. 

Yes. The people working curbside are,at least sometimes, servers who were put on curbside instead of the floor. So a server that got stuck on curbside world hardly make anything all night if people didn’t tip. My son’s girlfriend worked at Chili’s and they kept putting her on curbside because she was so good at it but she was so frustrated because she was making nothing compared to the good tips she made on the floor. 

15 hours ago, Night Elf said:

We're ordering food from a restaurant and picking up curb side. Am I supposed to tip?

Yes! My normal is 15% for curbside but during COVID, I've gone up to 20-25% and will probably stay there, now that I know how much work they do for carry out/curbside.