Menu

This is seriously quibbling

Terabith

12 minutes ago, rebcoola said:

Listening to the rundowns of what going on in Minecraft.  

Collected blah blah blah stash blah blah blah ender blah blah blah.

In case my child ever reads that, I want him to know that I am grateful he talks to me and I truly enjoy that time together. I just may not be fully vested in the details, and one day he will understand.

Edited by arctic_bunny
  • Like 2
  • Haha 6

14 hours ago, Seasider too said:

Why does every person in the house decide they need to work in the kitchen at the same exact time as I do?

I think I have the opposite. I take my book and wander into my room or the living room to sit and read for a bit and gradually everyone (who have been in there for at least an hour prior to my arrival) all drift away. I'm not chewing! Do I need a different deodorant?

Sigh, I suppose they are concerned I'm going to notice them and be reminded of something they should be doing.

Edited by SusanC
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

18 minutes ago, Seasider too said:

Same!!!! I cannot stand it. I have seriously been fixated on this to the point that I gotta lot of questions about it. 

Do some people really chew that much louder than others?

This is a gross question, but what goes on with your tongue when you are chewing? I tested myself on this and, as I thought, my tongue for the most part stays right in place between my teeth at the bottom of my mouth. I wonder, do others’ swish it back and forth like a blender? I just can’t figure out where all that extra noise is coming from. But I do believe it is the real reason restaurant music is so loud, so we don’t have to listen to all the chewing. 

I have even grown uncomfortable if I am the only one eating. Like, I fix myself lunch because dh already ate, but then he comes to sit at the table and visit with me. I honestly have to stop eating and wait til the visiting is done. Because what if I also chew annoyingly loud and just don’t realize it?!!!

Yeah this is one of the bigger dilemmas of isolation. 😆

I’ve determined that my Dhs loud chewing has much to do with the fact that he takes huge massive bites of food. As it it’s like he’s in a contest to scarf the food fastest. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, SusanC said:

I think I have the opposite. I take my book and wander into my room or the living room to sit and read for a bit and gradually everyone (who have been in there for at least an hour prior to my arrival) all study away. I'm not chewing! Do I need a different deodorant?

Sigh, I suppose they are concerned I'm going to notice them and be reminded of something they should be doing.

I feel like the only things I say to my teens these days is a reminder to do some chore or another.  They definitely avoid me!  I’ve told them if they spent more time out of their bedrooms I wouldn’t only tell them to do chores when I see them, I would actually play games or have conversations with them, but I don’t think they believe me.  😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

DH won't make iced tea. He leaves the pitcher on the counter and waits for me to make it. He claims it tastes better when I make it. 🙄 It doesn't. 

He also was asking me to get the mail, (our box is about 1/4 of a mile away). I was starting to feel a bit like his secretary and snapped that he wasn't going to catch covid from the mailbox. We had a big fight about it. I feel like a petty jerk now. 

• Like 2

Everyone needs to use the bathroom when I do! It's like they sense that I am walking towards them differently (faster, lol) and immediately think, "Yes! I need to use the bathroom too!" And since the school room is the one connected to the bathroom... I always just see the hair of a kid as the door closes in my face. Have they no compassion?!

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, QueenCat said:

Not having the house to myself EVER. 

This!  I mean, with my family it hardly ever happened anyway.  The other day dh took the kids that were home hiking and I thought I was all alone but then walked into a room and realized one of the teens hadn't gone with him and I was so disappointed.  It's not like he was even in my space or anything, but he was there and I was not alone, again!

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

18 hours ago, fairfarmhand said:

I’ve determined that my Dhs loud chewing has much to do with the fact that he takes huge massive bites of food. As it it’s like he’s in a contest to scarf the food fastest. 

What is it with guys and huge mouthfuls? I remember at our first day I'm eating fries one at a time like a normal person while he grabs them by the bunch. I should have known then I was making a mistake.

• Haha 2

We made DH an office space in the master bedroom closet because it's quiet and cool in there. He won't be disturbed. The cats have discovered it, and they never hang out with me anymore. They're always in there sleeping during the day now. He made beds for them in a suitcase on the floor and a corner of his desk. They always used to spend their afternoons next to me on the couch.

And, yes, he's an awfully loud chewer. LOL

On 7/13/2020 at 7:44 PM, Moonhawk said:

Everyone needs to use the bathroom when I do! It's like they sense that I am walking towards them differently (faster, lol) and immediately think, "Yes! I need to use the bathroom too!" And since the school room is the one connected to the bathroom... I always just see the hair of a kid as the door closes in my face. Have they no compassion?!

On 7/13/2020 at 7:29 PM, QueenCat said:

Not having the house to myself EVER. 

On 7/13/2020 at 8:46 PM, Math teacher said:

My main complaint is this heat!! 

All of these.    Ds in particular has amazing timing.  EVERY time I'm about to get up and go to the bathroom, he walks out of his room and pops in there.  And he is SLLLLOOOOOOWWWWWW.    Not doing whatever he needs the bathroom for, but he slowly and carefully washes his hands, then slowly and carefully dries them off, then slowly and carefully brushes his teeth.    EVERY  SINGLE   TIME.  

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Terabith said:

I started counting after I could feel my blood pressure rising with all the "So, anyways."  

I counted 35 in seven minutes.  

I need to get my kid a new phrase.  

Whatever you do, don't make it, "I've been thinking....."

• Haha 1

I have gone back to work part time. DD13 is bored to tears. She insists on meeting me at my car the second I get home. It drives.me.nuts! I can't even get out of the car! I have to ask her to move. She knows it bugs me, but just can't seem to control herself. She is very needy in everyday life, and I think it just is a light switch in her that says "Mom is home, I must need something immediately!!!! So, immediately, that I must tell her before she is even out of the car. I have to block her way out of the car and wait for her to roll down the window, because I have to tell mom immediately what I am thinking. Since I am not thinking anything, then I will say ' I love you, what's for dinner?' (in 3 hours)"  Every.Single.Day!   😒

I have seriously considered turning the car back on and leaving. 

No complaints- i’m actually a bit thrilled that DH is getting to see another side to our kids.  Especially his teenage princess 😂 I’m feeling vindicated 😂.

We’ve got good kids, but he is finally seeing the button-pushing that they excel at :) 

• Like 1