Menu

Ten day flu?? Anyone else?

mom@shiloh

We didn't go to the Dr because we weren't too bad and our insurance doesn't cover Tamiflu or other Rx's so I don't know for sure that ours is the "official influenza" or not. But we've got low grade fevers, sore throat, coughing, congestion, etc. And yes, I've had it a full week and am not over it yet.

It has symptoms that go on for a long time.  We caught it a couple of days after Christmas and some of us are still coughing, vomiting from coughing, etc.  We're in North Texas and they said it is really going around here.  When we go out, we can hear other people with that same stupid cough at the store.  It seems like everyone has it.

And my kid who had the flu shot had the worst symptoms of everyone.  It was so bad one morning, that we got scared and put her in the car in her pajamas and drove her to urgent care.  Tamiflu helped a ton.  She went from not being able to walk to playing Mariocart with ds3 the next morning.  

And the flu shot was worthless this time.

I hope all of you feel better soon!

The last time we all got the flu it lasted nearly 2 weeks. It's not uncommon. Tamiflu and other like medications weren't available then (or maybe weren't covered) so we just had to deal with it. That was the year we decided to never skip our flu shots again. Until then we just got it some years when we remembered to.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lady Florida. said:

The last time we all got the flu it lasted nearly 2 weeks. It's not uncommon. Tamiflu and other like medications weren't available then (or maybe weren't covered) so we just had to deal with it. That was the year we decided to never skip our flu shots again. Until then we just got it some years when we remembered to.

Us too!  I know the vaccine isn't perfect but none of us has been that sick since we consistently started getting the flu shot (knock on wood).  

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, HollyDay said:

Not the flu, but I got a coughing virus the week before CHristmas.  I'm still dragging.  The cough is 99% better, but I'm still tired and have upper respiratory.  The doc told me it could last 6 weeks.....

Yes. I got just a bad nasal/chest cold the day after Christmas. Still coughing some. So irritating.

49 minutes ago, HollyDay said:

Not the flu, but I got a coughing virus the week before CHristmas.  I'm still dragging.  The cough is 99% better, but I'm still tired and have upper respiratory.  The doc told me it could last 6 weeks.....

Wow!  DH got sick on Christmas Day with some upper respiratory/coughing illness.  He feels a lot better now but is still coughing and congested.