Menu

What color should I paint the larger bedroom in my Airbnb?

milovany

This house is our rental in town.  Half of it is full time rental, the other half is Airbnb.  We opened up a bedroom from the main part of the house to be part of (what had just been) a studio Airbnb unit, and since I don't have any bookings the next five days, I'm thinking I might paint it because it's a boring, scuffed up white that's been there forever.  I will post the link below that shows the entire apartment; the room in question is Picture 1, the first one on the left when you click the link (it currently has the denim bed covering).  Most of the rest of the apartment is a hot chocolate brown that I love and which won't be changing any time soon.  The colors I'm toying with are Frozen Pond (blue, by Behr), a light gray, and a soft yellow.  I have the blue in my bedroom at home and love it (if I choose this, I will change the denim bed covering to something white/light).  I'm drawn to the neutralness of the gray.  I don't love yellow myself but would be willing to use in this room if other people tend to like it (do they?). 

Thoughts?    I could consider painting the bathroom instead, but will maybe do that room later. Oh, and ideally the trim in the bedroom would be white, but that probably won't happen this go 'round, so wood trim.

Link: https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/7998301

Edited by milovany
  • Like 3

This house is our rental in town. Half of it is full time rental, the other half is Airbnb. We opened up a bedroom from the main part of the house to be part of (what had just been) a studio Airbnb unit, and since I don't have any bookings the next five days, I'm thinking I might paint it because it's a boring, scuffed up white that's been there forever. I will post the link below that shows the entire apartment; the room in question is Picture 1, the first one on the left when you click the link (it currently has the denim bed covering). Most of the rest of the apartment is a hot chocolate brown that I love and which won't be changing any time soon. The colors I'm toying with are Frozen Pond (blue, by Behr), a light gray, and a soft yellow. I have the blue in my bedroom at home and love it (if I choose this, I will change the denim bed covering to something white/light). I'm drawn to the neutralness of the gray. I don't love yellow myself but would be willing to use in this room if other people tend to like it (do they?).

Thoughts? I could consider painting the bathroom instead, but will maybe do that room later. Oh, and ideally the trim in the bedroom would be white, but that probably won't happen this go 'round, so wood trim.

Link: https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/7998301

I agree with the others the blue is probably the best choice. Mostly I wanted to say what a wonderful rental that is!

Thanks all!  I will probably go with the Frozen Pond since I have that on hand (I did like the Shark Loop from Valspar).  I will change out the denim bed covering for a fluffy white-ish duvet and put a different cover on the futon.  As I said, it's what I have in my own bedroom and I love it. 

Thanks for the complements on the Airbnb unit itself!  It's been a lot of fun -- we've been doing it for the last 2.5 years and have done pretty well with it. At first, when there were maybe five total units in town, it was the only self-contained apartment, so I got a lot of business that way (people tending to prefer a private space over sharing in someone's home); now there are several more private listings, but we still stay pretty busy.  Having so many reviews compared to the new ones really helps, I think, so we got in on it at the right time. 

• Like 1

In our last house I painted my boys room a similar color (Quiet Moments by BM) and everyone who came said it was the most soothing and lovely color. I also painted my master a lighter color in the same family (Healing Aloe by BM) and people went crazy for that color and I loved it too. I painted my current master bedroom the Healing Aloe again and it is so, so restful and nice. Our carpet is a brown and the two go together so well. The previous color was a salmon, orangey beige which I really did not like.

P.S. I loved the fact that you took pictures of the things around your house for your listing. What a great idea! The pizza and bakery looked so inviting and your apartment was so clean and cozy. And the little details like a basket of bathroom supplies and lovely folded towels were brilliant. It just makes me want to stay there!

Edited by 4Kiddos
  • Like 2

something restful.  something in a blue range is generally considered most conducive to sleep.   that can range from a pale ice blue to a deep sea blue or even darker.

how light or dark would depend upon the natural light in the particular room.

My bedroom is a pale blue too. I can’t remember the name. However, if you don’t want to make a decision, go with Sea Salt by Sherwin Williams 😂 I love it, but I’m indecisive like that and like that it can look any combination of blue, green, or grey depending upon the lighting at that moment and what colors are next to it. It’s impossible to photograph. It just changes more than anything I’ve had.

I decided to go with my daughter's bedroom color of choice, Dutch Boy's "At Peace."  So weird, though, it's not coming up at Dutch Boy's website; it was a Designer Color available in July so not sure why it's gone already.  I did find this though and it seems to be it.  A slight tad less blue than my Frozen Pond, but still quite far from a true gray. 

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/87/ea/6f/87ea6f44500267897f73e0617c0dc49e.jpg

Another vote for some sort of blue. I normally like yellow, but for your place, I think the blue is the best choice. And I wish I had a reason/the money to come stay in your place! It looks adorable and I want to go to all the places in town in the pictures. :)