Menu

Stupid people

Scarlett

No we cannot lock the utility room.. There is a reason, not good enough for my bosses thinking and it aggravates him to no end. That doesn't alter the fact people need to use good sense.

Could you put a locking cabinet in the utility room to store certain supplies?

Oh good grief.  I never said only my way of cleaning is correct.  Surely everyone would think it thoughtless/lazy/ (insert whatever word makes you feel warm and cozy....) to leave a soaking-in- a puddle mop (whether intended for wet or dry) after cleaning up a spill. 

I somehow bring out the people here who find it their life's mission to chastise my every post.  

That was not my intention, I promise.  And I don't believe I have chastised your every post.  I have actually agreed with you on some things in the past.  I was hoping you might be open to accepting that there might be a different interpretation of the situation in this particular instance.   

• Like 6

That was not my intention, I promise. And I don't believe I have chastised your every post. I have actually agreed with you on some things in the past. I was hoping you might be open to accepting that there might be a different interpretation of the situation in this particular instance.

You were very gracious, as you always are.
  • Like 5

That was not my intention, I promise. And I don't believe I have chastised your every post. I have actually agreed with you on some things in the past. I was hoping you might be open to accepting that there might be a different interpretation of the situation in this particular instance.

Sorry I wasnĂ¢â‚¬â„¢t picking on you. Just feels like I have to always be corrected.

Edited by Scarlett
  • Like 1

Oh good grief. I never said only my way of cleaning is correct. Surely everyone would think it thoughtless/lazy/ (insert whatever word makes you feel warm and cozy....) to leave a soaking-in- a puddle mop (whether intended for wet or dry) after cleaning up a spill.

I somehow bring out the people here who find it their life's mission to chastise my every post.

Have you ever stopped to consider why your posts elicit those type of responses?

• Like 11

If I didnĂ¢â‚¬â„¢t do a lot of cleaning, I might think it was for liquids. ItĂ¢â‚¬â„¢s not a broom, and it is cloth/strings like a wet mop. I think itĂ¢â‚¬â„¢s an honest, but not stupid, mistake.

And I donĂ¢â‚¬â„¢t know that thereĂ¢â‚¬â„¢s an air of Ă¢â‚¬Å“we have lowly cleaning staff for that.Ă¢â‚¬ I think itĂ¢â‚¬â„¢s more like, Ă¢â‚¬Å“Everyone has a job theyĂ¢â‚¬â„¢re paid to do.Ă¢â‚¬ At my husbandĂ¢â‚¬â„¢s company, the foremen have their assigned tasks, the laborers have theirs, office assistant has hers, designer has his, boss has his, etc. ItĂ¢â‚¬â„¢s not that my husband is too good to answer phones or open mail, but more that they pay him to do other things, and if heĂ¢â‚¬â„¢s doing the office assistantĂ¢â‚¬â„¢s job, he isnĂ¢â‚¬â„¢t writing proposals or calling clients or designing buildings, all of which need to get done in order to keep jobs going so that everyone gets paid. IĂ¢â‚¬â„¢m sure that most of the people in the office arenĂ¢â‚¬â„¢t trying to be rude to you (although they could pee more carefully and not put liquids in the trash cans) but are just trying to focus on the jobs theyĂ¢â‚¬â„¢re programmed and paid to do.

I think itĂ¢â‚¬â„¢s a mixture of the above and also a mixture of how people rank and compare themselves.

There have been a bazillion studies about human interactions and how we make power plays. Whether we want to or mean to or not, we are constantly comparing and ranking ourselves against others. ItĂ¢â‚¬â„¢s subtle and utterly pervasive. You have no idea of what sort of pecking order is going on in that office. It could be that anyone who ends up emptying the trash will forever be considered lower than the other people in the office. Perhaps thereĂ¢â‚¬â„¢s one of those Ă¢â‚¬Å“women belong in the kitchenĂ¢â‚¬ men there and so none of the women will do any cleaning at all, because if they do, heĂ¢â‚¬â„¢ll act smug and domineering about it. And perhaps if one of the men tried to clean up, that smug man would forever make fun of him for doing Ă¢â‚¬Å“womenĂ¢â‚¬â„¢s work.Ă¢â‚¬

I donĂ¢â‚¬â„¢t know. IĂ¢â‚¬â„¢m just thinking that this smacks to me of the people in the office fearing that if theyĂ¢â‚¬â„¢re caught cleaning theyĂ¢â‚¬â„¢ll be looked down on by someone else in the office. I can totally see in a toxic environment how no one would humble themselves enough to empty out the overflowing trash can.

And so I can see that if someone actually did clean up the floor with the wrong tool, they might have grabbed the mop and then stuffed it back in the closet before the others could make a big deal about them doing the cleaning up after everyone else.

Edited by Garga
  • Like 4

But it wasnĂ¢â‚¬â„¢t taken off and washed. It was left sitting in its soaking mess.

Do you realize you DIDN'T say this in your original post?  You just said someone used it to wipe up a wet mess.

You can't get angry and blame people for commenting before they read any additional material. 

You have posted so may additions pointing out that you can't believe people just don't know what you know. Then you are incredulous when they don't respond to the situation the same way you do.  You called people 'Stupid'.  It's right in the title.  It's as if you are saying to any/everyone, "If  you don't know how to use a dust mop, what it is, or what it's for, you are STUPID."  And then you wonder why people respond as they do.

And, you get angry and say it wasn't a big deal but that you are just intense.

Well, if you give 'intensity' why do you expect to receive less?    Can you not accept that there are people here, not one or two, but several, who tell you that you over-react to less than life-threatening circumstances.  Perhaps, just perhaps, you might want to think about why they post the way they do. You might just be calmer for it. 

Honestly, I wish the world's worst problems could be solved so easily as a sharpie on a dust mop.

Have a peaceful Christmas and enjoy the many blessings of the season. 

Edited by Tammi K
  • Like 10

I would probably have been one of the stupid people. I don't know the difference between dry and wet mops as I use neither in my home; to me, a mop is a mop.

If I had had a spill at work, I would have taken the first implement that looked like it might do the task and cleaned up as best as possible to prevent tracking the spill all over the place. If the spilled liquid had been sticky, I might have tried to rinse the mop; if the spilled liquid had been clear, I would have set it in the cleaning closet to dry. I would have assumed that the cleaning staff who come in every morning would do the in-depth cleaning and whatever proper procedure they have for dealing with the the wet mop - not because I look down on them, but because that is their area of expertise. My goal in this situation would have been to get the area dry and to prevent the spilled stuff from being spread. I am sorry that would not have been not good enough for you. Would it be better to leave the mess until the next day so the cleaner can use whatever he deems the correct procedure?

Edited by regentrude
  • Like 20

I would probably have been one of the stupid people. I don't know the difference between dry and wet mops as I use neither in my home; to me, a mop is a mop.

If I had had a spill at work, I would have taken the first implement that looked like it might do the task and cleaned up as best as possible to prevent tracking the spill all over the place. If the spilled liquid had been sticky, I might have tried to rinse the mop; if the spilled liquid had been clear, I would have set it in the cleaning closet to dry. I would have assumed that the cleaning staff who come in every morning would do the in-depth cleaning and whatever proper procedure they have for dealing with the the wet mop - not because I look down on them, but because that is their area of expertise. My goal in this situation would have been to get the area dry and to prevent the spilled stuff from being spread. I am sorry that would not have been not good enough for you. Would it be better to leave the mess until the next day so the cleaner can use whatever he deems the correct procedure?

This is what I see happening. Someone grabs what looks like a mop to do an emergency clean up. Then unsure of the next steps they leave it - for the cleaning person. Because that is the person is charge of cleaning. Even if the person thought of unzipping it and leaving it soaking like you suggested, they might have thought "I'll just leave this. The cleaning person will know how to handle it."

I have used something similar as wet and dry in my home so I can see the mistake. If there was a big spill I doubt I would think of how I would clean the mop until after the fact. I would grab the mop in urgency and then think about the aftermath later. At which time I would figure the cleaning person would handle it.

• Like 7

Oh good grief.  I never said only my way of cleaning is correct.  Surely everyone would think it thoughtless/lazy/ (insert whatever word makes you feel warm and cozy....) to leave a soaking-in- a puddle mop (whether intended for wet or dry) after cleaning up a spill. 

I would find it NORMAL for people who were unfamiliar with industrial cleaning supplies. Which is most people who have not worked as cleaners.

You have very high standards for everyone else, but apparently your standards for yourself are quite low because you come across as very unkind and ungracious.

• Like 10

I have worked as a professional cleaner (church/office) and have also worked in offices with other jobs. I am not above cleaning - I have done toilets, floors, windows, kitchens, stairs, etc. When I am not employed as a cleaner, I do the bare minimum cleaning up after myself - because I am employed to do a different job and other people are employed to do the cleaning. If it were explained to me that I was expected to empty trash in addition to doing my other non-cleaning duties, I'd be happy to. Especially if the cleaners didn't come in frequently enough to do an adequate job. Or if my non-cleaning job afforded me a lot of down-time to take on other tasks. Mine never did. YMMV

People who don't know how to use industrial cleaning supplies are not stupid. Office workers who are not employed to clean are not lazy if they don't empty the trash. 

Edited by 8circles
  • Like 10

I have worked as a professional cleaner (church/office) and have also worked in offices with other jobs. I am not above cleaning - I have done toilets, floors, windows, kitchens, stairs, etc. When I am not employed as a cleaner, I do the bare minimum cleaning up after myself - because I am employed to do a different job and other people are employed to do the cleaning. If it were explained to me that I was expected to empty trash in addition to doing my other non-cleaning duties, I'd be happy to. Especially if the cleaners didn't come in frequently enough to do an adequate job. Or if my non-cleaning job afforded me a lot of down-time to take of other tasks. Mine never did. YMMV

People who don't know how to use industrial cleaning supplies are not stupid. Office workers who are not employed to clean are not lazy if they don't empty the trash.

LOL.....a dust mop is far from an industrial cleaning supply. I have the exact one in my house.

And yes if you sit at a desk and let the trash over flow to the floor you are lazy.

If I had had a spill at work, I would have taken the first implement that looked like it might do the task and cleaned up as best as possible to prevent tracking the spill all over the place. If the spilled liquid had been sticky, I might have tried to rinse the mop; if the spilled liquid had been clear, I would have set it in the cleaning closet to dry. I would have assumed that the cleaning staff who come in every morning would do the in-depth cleaning and whatever proper procedure they have for dealing with the the wet mop - not because I look down on them, but because that is their area of expertise. My goal in this situation would have been to get the area dry and to prevent the spilled stuff from being spread. I am sorry that would not have been not good enough for you. Would it be better to leave the mess until the next day so the cleaner can use whatever he deems the correct procedure?

It gets cleaned onc. A week. So whatever happens in between they have to deal with.

LOL.....a dust mop is far from an industrial cleaning supply. I have the exact one in my house.

And yes if you sit at a desk and let the trash over flow to the floor you are lazy.

I have never seen such a device in someone's house. I would never use such a device to clean a residence.

You are unkind.

• Like 8

Even the small offices I worked in were cleaned more often than once a week or another employee knew cleaning was a part of their duties. It honestly sounds to me like a lot of miscommunication and poor planning on everyone's part.

I think no one in the situation described is stupid.

• Like 4

Do you realize you DIDN'T say this in your original post? You just said someone used it to wipe up a wet mess.

You can't get angry and blame people for commenting before they read any additional material.

What? I said it was a gross mess and I had to put it in a trash bag and bring it home to wash and dry it.

1) No, because you call people lazy or stupid if they are not like you.

2) That isn't true.

Believe it or not there are actually lazy people in the world. It is an actual word with a definition and everything.

I did learn from this read that not everyone knows what a dust mop is for. That is very surprising to me and actually did give me pause as to what they might have been thinking. Regardless, there was no good excuse for leaving the mess the way and the place it was left.

Believe it or not there are actually lazy people in the world. It is an actual word with a definition and everything.

I did learn from this read that not everyone knows what a dust mop is for. That is very surprising to me and actually did give me pause as to what they might have been thinking. Regardless, there was no good excuse for leaving the mess the way and the place it was left.

yes i do believe it

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/lazy

that does not make your declaration of these people being lazy or stupid correct or appropriate

• Like 4

I am another who is really not familiar with dry mops and would not have recognized that object as such.

I do recognize labeling people as stupid or idiots as judgmental, antisocial, and unkind.

Doing so to random strangers online doesn't really hurt the people being labeled, but living life judgmentally is not healthy for the labeler and is sure to bleed into more important relationships in their life.

Perhaps next time you find yourself irritated by behavior that negatively impacts your life you can skip the negativity towards the persons involved and go straight to brainstorming ways to address the issue itself--in this case, I think that would have looked like "whoops, looks like someone doesn't know the difference between a wet mop and a dry mop. Guess I should label them."

Edited by maize
  • Like 9

I got stuck on this comment. You use a dust mop at home? How big is your house? I have only ever seen them used in gyms.

• Like 2

Do they know that? Are the cleaning duties of the staff clearly spelled out?

I don't know. They are government employees. They know I come once a week. They are often there when I am trying to clean. It is a very small office. Why would anyone have to spell out, ' if your trash is overflowing during the week, empty it, because the cleaning person comes only once a week.' Or , 'hey if you spill your drink clean it up because the cleaning person only comes once a week. '

I got stuck on this comment. You use a dust mop at home? How big is your house? I have only ever seen them used in gyms.

I have all concrete floors and tile down stairs. Maybe 1500 SF. It is a very handy little sweeper. Collects the dust and after it is all gathered I vacuum it up. It isn't a gym size one. Mine is 28 inches across.

Why would anyone have to spell out, ' if your trash is overflowing during the week, empty it, because the cleaning person comes only once a week.' 

Because they are not the cleaning person.  It is not their job. 

In all my jobs, if the office trash was full, we'd pull it out, tie it up and set it next to the trash can.  Some times there were bags in the bottom of the can othere times not. But we weren't taking the trash out.  That was not any part of our job.  There were paid cleaning people.  Totally different departments. 

• Like 6

Because they are not the cleaning person. It is not their job.

In all my jobs, if the office trash was full, we'd pull it out, tie it up and set it next to the trash can. Some times there were bags in the bottom of the can othere times not. But we weren't taking the trash out. That was not any part of our job. There were paid cleaning people. Totally different departments.

Great. That would be great. What I am talking about is when they don't do that. They let it overflow onto the floor.

Because they are not the cleaning person. It is not their job.

In all my jobs, if the office trash was full, we'd pull it out, tie it up and set it next to the trash can. Some times there were bags in the bottom of the can othere times not. But we weren't taking the trash out. That was not any part of our job. There were paid cleaning people. Totally different departments.

It is a VERY small office. Steps from the kitchen to the utility room. A dozen steps out the front door to the dumpster. But hey, whatever. If they would rather have trash sit next to their desk all week rather than take it to the utility room or the dumpster whatever.

But it isn't like some long trek down several flights of stairs to the cleaning department.

Or maybe busy making decisions that affect far more lives and involve far more money and working far more hours than you can imagine. It would be very wasteful to the company's bottom line for my husband to take his trash out.  Why? Because his time is billable. If he is not doing billable work, he is costing his company that money. Billable rates are higher than employee earnings, so it isn't his own bottom line is is impacting, it is the company's.  

My husband must lock his office every time he leaves and the cleaning staff is not allowed entry unless he is present. When his trash can needs to be emptied, he places it outside his door. After it is emptied, he brings it back in the next time he is in his office. His office gets vacuumed and dusted about every three months, because that's about how often his schedule and the cleaning schedule co-incide. He and everyone he works for and with is fine with that arrangement, many of them have the same arrangement. They don't conduct meetings in their offices, but in conference rooms, so clients aren't a concern. Conference rooms are cleaned between every meeting or nightly, whichever occurs first (in other words, if there are three meeting scheduled for a conference room, the room will be cleaned after the first meeting, after the second meeting and either after the third meeting or before the first meeting on the next day. 

ETA: My husband works around sixty hours a week and runs marathons, so don't you dare call him lazy. 

Edited by TechWife
  • Like 9

I don't know. They are government employees. They know I come once a week. They are often there when I am trying to clean. It is a very small office. Why would anyone have to spell out, ' if your trash is overflowing during the week, empty it, because the cleaning person comes only once a week.' Or , 'hey if you spill your drink clean it up because the cleaning person only comes once a week. '

I worked as a government employee in an office where we were not allowed to empty our trash cans.  We were not supposed to put anything in the large trash bins.  We were not given access to any additional trash bags or liners.  It seemed like an odd policy to me, but some people have worked in offices where they were told NOT to touch the trash and just let it overflow.

• Like 2

It is a VERY small office. Steps from the kitchen to the utility room. A dozen steps out the front door to the dumpster. But hey, whatever. If they would rather have trash sit next to their desk all week rather than take it to the utility room or the dumpster whatever.

But it isn't like some long trek down several flights of stairs to the cleaning department.

Like you said, you only go once a week.  For all you know it filled up that after noon.  And if they tie it up next to the can for you or leave it for you to crush down, the fact of the matter is it is still not their job.  They are employed to do what ever it is that they are employed to do.  You are employed to clean their office.  Would it be nice of them.  Sure.  But it is not their responsibility.  Your boss pays you to go clean his building.  Which means, in their rent, they pay for a cleaning service.  So  if they are paying for it, again, not their job. 

And since it is so very close and so very easy to take care of it have you considered their could be a reason.  It is very clear you don't like these people.  If we can see it, and they are there when you come to clean, they can probably see it.  Maybe they don't do it because they figure you don't like them/give them attitude, so they don't do it because they don't like you. Like I said, your job, not theirs, so why make the job of someone that doesn't like them any easier? 

• Like 2

I clean a small set off offices in a building my boss owns. Today I go in and find that someone had used the big dry dust mop to 'mop' up something very wet. Just gross. So I put it in a trash bag and brought it home to wash and dry before it can be used again.

Do you realize you DIDN'T say this in your original post?  You just said someone used it to wipe up a wet mess.

What? I said it was a gross mess and I had to put it in a trash bag and bring it home to wash and dry it.

No it isn't what you said.  I quoted what you said. You said, "Just gross, " which can easily imply that you think the previous sentence expresses what you find gross. You didn't say you HAD to put it in a plastic bag (implying it was soooo wet/messy you couldn't transport it any other way) you just said you DID put it in a bag. I certainly drew no assumption about its state of utter disgusting from what you wrote.

You call people stupid for not thinking the same way you do and you argue with people who disagree with you.

Would it make you feel better if we just agreed with you?  In the spirit of Christmas, I can do that. I proclaim, You are absolutely right that anyone who does not know what a dust mop is or how to use one is STUPID. They should be rounded up and sent back to 10th grade home-ec classes with the other STUPID people and not be allowed to mix with the enlightened until such time as they have proven themselves to be rehabilitated and no longer STUPID.

• Like 2

Or maybe busy making decisions that affect far more lives and involve far more money and working far more hours than you can imagine. It would be very wasteful to the company's bottom line for my husband to take his trash out. Why? Because his time is billable. If he is not doing billable work, he is costing his company that money. Billable rates are higher than employee earnings, so it isn't his own bottom line is is impacting, it is the company's.

My husband must lock his office every time he leaves and the cleaning staff is not allowed entry unless he is present. When his trash can needs to be emptied, he places it outside his door. After it is emptied, he brings it back in the next time he is in his office. His office gets vacuumed and dusted about every three months, because that's about how often his schedule and the cleaning schedule co-incide. He and everyone he works for and with is fine with that arrangement, many of them have the same arrangement. They don't conduct meetings in their offices, but in conference rooms, so clients aren't a concern. Conference rooms are cleaned between every meeting or nightly, whichever occurs first (in other words, if there are three meeting scheduled for a conference room, the room will be cleaned after the first meeting, after the second meeting and either after the third meeting or before the first meeting on the next day.

ETA: My husband works around sixty hours a week and runs marathons, so don't you dare call him lazy.

LOL....ok then. Now we know your Dh is a very important non lazy man with a top secret job and his office gets cleaned every three months.

No wonder you are talking down to me. I obviously am so stupid I can't comprehend how much more Important these office employees are than I am.

Good to know. It really clears up so much for me.

Like you said, you only go once a week. For all you know it filled up that after noon. And if they tie it up next to the can for you or leave it for you to crush down, the fact of the matter is it is still not their job. They are employed to do what ever it is that they are employed to do. You are employed to clean their office. Would it be nice of them. Sure. But it is not their responsibility. Your boss pays you to go clean his building. Which means, in their rent, they pay for a cleaning service. So if they are paying for it, again, not their job.

And since it is so very close and so very easy to take care of it have you considered their could be a reason. It is very clear you don't like these people. If we can see it, and they are there when you come to clean, they can probably see it. Maybe they don't do it because they figure you don't like them/give them attitude, so they don't do it because they don't like you. Like I said, your job, not theirs, so why make the job of someone that doesn't like them any easier?

Give me a break. All of you with all of this 'not my job crap' . Just stop it.

This reminds me of the woman here on the boards who cleaned an office building and asked of of us to keep,our kids from touching the glass that she has to clean. I was shocked at how many of you said, 'it is your job to clean the glass'. I taught my son to not touch glass because someone has to clean it.,,

• Like 2

My husband does the housework and the dust mops you linked are used as wet mops in gyms, multipurpose halls and indoor basketball courts here. My husband and kids would have use that dust mop if they didnĂ¢â‚¬â„¢t find paper towels or spare toilet rolls nearby. They wonĂ¢â‚¬â„¢t know that those you linked are dry mops.

In my former work place of 86 employees, we were told not to clean up as the daily elderly cleaning lady would lose her job. My former financial controller is a tightwad and would have gladly terminated the cleaning contract to save cost. The daily cleaning lady was paid $600 monthly back in the late 90s/early 2000s so not that much but she really liked her job (vacuum, empty thrash, wash cups).

• Like 1

My husband does the housework and the dust mops you linked are used as wet mops in gyms, multipurpose halls and indoor basketball courts here. My husband and kids would have use that dust mop if they didnĂ¢â‚¬â„¢t find paper towels or spare toilet rolls nearby. They wonĂ¢â‚¬â„¢t know that those you linked are dry mops.

In my former work place of 86 employees, we were told not to clean up as the daily elderly cleaning lady would lose her job. My former financial controller is a tightwad and would have gladly terminated the cleaning contract to save cost. The daily cleaning lady was paid $600 monthly back in the late 90s/early 2000s so not that much but she really liked her job (vacuum, empty thrash, wash cups).

Well ,ok then. Learn something new every day.

I can't even fathom how that works. Wipe up a wet mess. Take it off and wash and dry it? Does he use a broom for dry stuff?

Give me a break. All of you with all of this 'not my job crap' . Just stop it.

But it is your job!  Your PAID job! 

They are not paid to do it.  YOU are paid to do. 

They actually pay for cleaning service in their rent.  If they didn't pay for it, then your boss, their landlord would not PAY you to go in and clean for them. 

You are the cleaning lady.  They are the office workers.  You are not doing them a favor.  You may be doing your boss a favor, but you are NOT doing them a favor.  You are doing a service that their office pays for. 

So it again, it is YOUR job, not theirs. 

• Like 12

Ok I haven't read all the replies BUT

A dust mop actually makes me think of the big, wide flat mops that the janitors used to push around the gym in elementary school.  I've used one at our lake clubhouse to clean up after our 4H meetings.  They are not the kind of thing usually found in homes, so it doesn't surprise me that people may not know what they are.

Kind of like this, but usually in a lovely dirty white/light brown color.  https://www.amazon.com/Cedar-Dual-Action-Microfiber-Sweeper-Dust/dp/B00L9RL9SA/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?ie=UTF8&qid=1514208028&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=dust+mop&psc=1

Where I've worked they actually wouldn't want the $50/hour employees to spend much time cleaning.  They needed to be dealing with clients and putting in billable hours.  I worked with a bunch of PhDs.  They often worked 70-80 hours a week.  Those of us who were admins would do the cleaning up after meetings and gatherings with food.  We did a lot less overtime (and actually got paid for it, rather than be salary).

^^^ This thing is awesome!  I've never seen one before!  I mean, big ones to clean the gym with, yes, but not little ones.  But the big ones and these little ones look very different, too.

The entire time I was picturing one much more swiffer-like.

Considering I've never seen one before, yep.  It has mop-looking-tentacle-ish-thingys.  :D

• Like 2

I can't even fathom how that works. Wipe up a wet mess. Take it off and wash and dry it? Does he use a broom for dry stuff?

Take the removable pad off and rinse at the sink, then air dry. The local schoolsĂ¢â‚¬â„¢ multipurpose halls have sinks at one of the sides too. My husband and my kids use wet wipes for dry stuff indoors, they use a bristle broom for the patio.

• Like 1

But it is your job! Your PAID job!

They are not paid to do it. YOU are paid to do.

They actually pay for cleaning service in their rent. If they didn't pay for it, then your boss, their landlord would not PAY you to go in and clean for them.

You are the cleaning lady. They are the office workers. You are not doing them a favor. You may be doing your boss a favor, but you are NOT doing them a favor. You are doing a service that their office pays for.

So it again, it is YOUR job, not theirs.

Yes. Yes I am aware. And I do my job. And I still maintain that it is unreasonable that any human would have a trash can next to their desk or in their small kitchen space and rather than switch out bags they let the trash pile up on the floor around. JOB or not.

Many weeks I pick up trash off of the floor because the trash can is overflowing. I do it because it is my job and because the humans who work there are content to work with trash on their floor rather than pick it up and switch out bags. I can do my JOB and still think people are ridiculous.

• Like 1

Ok I haven't read all the replies BUT

^^^ This thing is awesome! I've never seen one before! I mean, big ones to clean the gym with, yes, but not little ones. But the big ones and these little ones look very different, too.

The entire time I was picturing one much more swiffer-like.

Considering I've never seen one before, yep. It has mop-looking-tentacle-ish-thingys. :D

This is more like the one I use https://www.uline.com/Product/Detail/H-865/Mops-Squeegees-and-Carts/Economy-Dust-Mop-Kit-36?pricode=WA9085&gadtype=pla&id=H-865&gclid=CjwKCAiA4ILSBRA0EiwAsuuBLbBxg939SEbJi-xRohi1X6k1nwH8CLt2VsrX5eUnmSpuwiz7_DNM6BoCfyoQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Hmm.

From my local newspaperĂ¢â‚¬â„¢s Home Guides section How to Clean a Floor With a Microfiber Pad http://homeguides.sfgate.com/clean-floor-microfiber-pad-28863.html

Ă¢â‚¬Å“1 Attach pad to mop head. In most brands, the pad is tucked into slots on the mop head or beneath a frame.

2 Dip pad in water or apply a small amount of cleaning solution if wet mopping is desired. Some microfiber mop pads are designed to work with a cleaning solution sprayed from a bottle attached to the mop handle. Push button to spray solution as needed. Dust and pet hair can be cleaned up with a dry mop.

3 Push the mop along the floor to collect dirt. Add water or cleaning solution as needed if not dry mopping. Continue to run the mop along the surface of the floor until it has been completely cleaned. Depending on the size of the floor and how dirty it is, the microfiber pad may need to be changed when it becomes saturated with dirt.

4 Wash the microfiber pad under warm running water to remove dirt or wash in a washing machine on warm. Because of the amount of dirt that will be released from the pad while washing, pads should be washed separately or with other highly soiled items. Dry the microfiber pads on a low dryer setting or let air dry.Ă¢â‚¬

• Like 1