Menu

Are the public schools open in your town?

Are the Public Schools open in your town?  

1. 1. Are the Public Schools open in your town?

• Yes, the PS are open
    • No, the PS are closed
    • Other, I have no idea what the PS are doing today.

wow, I have never heard of shutting down schools just because they were a polling station, we had our polling stations in schools for our election too but the schools were still open. They just had the door to the gym (where the polling station was) open to the public and a teacher at the door that separatated the gym from the rest of the school so that strangers weren't walking all over the school.

wow, I have never heard of shutting down schools just because they were a polling station, we had our polling stations in schools for our election too but the schools were still open. They just had the door to the gym (where the polling station was) open to the public and a teacher at the door that separatated the gym from the rest of the school so that strangers weren't walking all over the school.

Most of the elections (primary or non-president years) that's exactly what they've done here. But this time, I think especially because they're expecting such a huge turnout, a lot of schools have opted to schedule one of their teacher workdays to coincide. I can't remember now if they did the same for the last presidential election, but I think they did....

public schools are open here. In our area there is no voting at the schools, instead the voting places are at churches, civic center, rec center,and in our town even at the animal shelter. My place for the last 15 years in at a Catholic church. The same workers are always there and they know me by sight (they used to give out cookies, but for some reason they stopped).

Public schools here are open. We used to vote at the schools, but they moved to the public library, the community theatre building, etc.

So......here at home we are 'supposed' to be having school.......BUT.....

There is a House Marathon on TV, so we are watching House today and trying to do school during the shows we have already seen :001_smile:

Our polling place is the community center, so the schools are open. However, it was cool to see 6 juniors and seniors I know from the local Christian school working as volunteers! I saw 3 elementary-school-aged children with their parents who I would guess are home schooled. They didn't seem to mind the long wait as each of them was very absorbed in his own book!

Our public schools are open. My polling place is at a town hall, so it isn't even at a school. I left my school (private Christian school) a few minutes early today to vote. I figured I'd beat the after school crowd and it worked. I only waited behind two people. It feels nice to be home a few minutes earlier too!