Menu

Sad news yesterday

Yesterday I went to the OB to find out if Baby #4 was a boy or a girl. I was 16 weeks. There was no heartbeat. This is my third miscarriage and my second that has happened after the first trimester. I am heartbroken.

I wanted to post it here because I have participated in a few pregnancy related threads and a few of you knew I was expecting. I would appreciate you prayers as we decide what to do next. There are no signs of miscarriage yet even though I probably lost the baby 10 days ago.

Oh no. I am so, so sorry. I've lost two also. I know you are hurting deeply. :grouphug:

I had 3 miscarriages in 2 years - all three either at the very end or a few weeks into the second trimester. Please have your thyroid tested. I can not say for sure that was the reason for the miscarriages, but several years after, I was tested and found to be hypothyroid. All it takes is some bloodwork, and your health insurance should cover it.

On a brighter note, if I hadn't had gone through them, we would never looked into adoption and found our wonderful son who is now 15. I am by no means implying you need to adopt, I'm just reinforcing that "sorrow can turn to joy" in many different ways. Also, 7 years after the last miscarriage, I was blessed with a healthy pregnancy and child #4. He is now 11 and I thank God everyday for the miracle!

I am so sorry for your loss. I know that a thousand happy stories cannot take the pain away. Take care of yourself.

NYSue