Menu

PSA If you are LeeAnn in Indiana looking for your delivered package...update, frustrated

KatieJ

Your package from Kohls had my name on it and was delivered to me!!

My name outside, her name inside.

Kohls doesn't quite know how to deal,with this mistake .

They think I got wrong stuff in my package. Nope, it was extra, and I was not charged for,it.

Over the phone They told me they would set up a pick up order.

Nope, email says please return it to,store so,we can give you a refund and reorder the correct items.

Anyone looking for a size 3x Detroit tiger jersey and ball cap???

1 twenty minute call, 6 emails later. They want me to pay to return it and include my receipt and they will refund my costs.

Since my name is not on the invoice, I have to assume that LeeAnn in Indiana will get my refund.

I told them in my last email that if I didn't get a PPD label, I was going to donate the items.

They never flinched. I got the same email back, we,re sorry you recieved the wrong item, please return to Kohls via the mall or mail at your expense.

Edited by KatieinMich
  • Like 1

A few months ago Kohls gave me two of three of my items, but the inside slip had some guy's name on it. I said maybe he got my order and I got his?? I tried to offer the Kohl's rep his info to clear it up but they refused and basically said it was up to him to contact them. Then I said what about my third item? And they said they would have to give me store credit and I could rebuy it (if or when it was in stock. I can't recall). I ended up just keeping the store credit for something else. I felt badly for the other customer.

• Like 1

I no longer use Kohl's online. I have had my orders switched before. Had no idea who ordered the flip flops and underwear that I received, though. :) We actually had to call corporate to get a refund on my original order! And, of course, the items were no longer available at the sale price. The only consolation was that the flip flops fit my daughter, lol.

• Like 1

I don't think Kohl's is all bad. Like online their inventory didn't match what was in stock so when I went to the customer service desk and explained that I found the item on the shelf and wanted to pay the online price they honored it for me. And when I tried to use a coupon for a high back booster car seat for ds I didn't realize the coupon excluded car seats. I was on the phone with a sales associate trying to figure out why my coupons weren't all working. In the end they got special permission to let me use the coupon (along with my others because you normally can use up to 4). I got a great deal on his car seat and was very excited.

I know MIL ordered ds a shirt from their site one Christmas and they sent the wrong size.

Just a toss up with that store.

• Like 1

I will just close up the package and ship it back to Kohls. I have a case number that I will put in the receipt.

I jus think it's funny they can't figure out what to do with it. They are assuming I didn't get my order . I did !

Are they paying for it be shipped back? I'd think they would just tell you to keep it and then they will send one from their warehouse to the customer.

• Like 1

Well in theory they are. I just checked the label and it doesn't appear to be postage paid.

I'll have to call them again. It seems a waste of time because they don't seem to have the right script to,deal,with me. Yes,they really want me to go to a store , butmima, thinking they wouldn't know what to,do with it either!

• Like 1

I ordered three items from Kohls before Christmas.  Box came, and one item was correct, but the two on sale shirts for son had morphed into more expensive woman's leg warmers (which daughter was happy to take!).  The sales slip did have the missing shirts listed, not the leg warmers.  Later i got the shirts even cheaper (better sale) at the local Kohls anyway.

Edited by JFSinIL
  • Like 1

I think Kohl's has many issues with their ordering/shipping/packaging system.  My son and d-i-l used Kohl's wedding registry and it was a huge mess.  People were ordering and having things shipped to directly to the bride's house  and they were either the wrong items, or the packaging was so bad the item was unusable by the time they arrived.  They tried to get their dishes shipped three times, they arrived broken to pieces three times and then they gave up and ended up using store credit to purchase a completely different, in-stock set from the store in their area.  I think they finally got all the store credit they were supposed to get but dealing with the logistics was ridiculous and time-consuming.  I think it was six months after the wedding before they finally got it straightened out.

• Like 1

Y

1 twenty minute call, 6 emails later. They want me to pay to return it and include my receipt and they will refund my costs.

Since my name is not on the invoice, I have to assume that LeeAnn in Indiana will get my refund.

I told them in my last email that if I didn't get a PPD label, I was going to donate the items.

They never flinched. I got the same email back, we,re sorry you recieved the wrong item, please return to Kohls via the mall or mail at your expense.

No way would I front the money to ship something back when it was their mistake.

Kohl's stores live and die by the results of those customer satisfaction surveys you get with your receipts. I wonder if online customer service works the same way. It might be worthwhile (even just as a "so there!") to contact the corporate office and let them know how incompetently they've handled this whole issue. And maybe post about it if you're on FB or whatever. If nothing else, maybe LeeAnn will see it if she posts her own frustrations with not having received her items!

• Like 3

I no longer use Kohl's online. I have had my orders switched before. Had no idea who ordered the flip flops and underwear that I received, though. :) We actually had to call corporate to get a refund on my original order! And, of course, the items were no longer available at the sale price. The only consolation was that the flip flops fit my daughter, lol.

I will no longer order online from them either. I haven't had too many order mix-ups, but the quality of what I receive is often questionable. If I could see it for myself in store, I wouldn't buy it. (Perhaps that's why so much of what I get from Kohl's online is ONLY available online?) 

I have had parts of orders cancelled after they realized it's not actually in stock (usually a week after your order), and THAT is frustrating when you're counting on it. 

Just not worth the frustration. 

I will no longer order online from them either. I haven't had too many order mix-ups, but the quality of what I receive is often questionable. If I could see it for myself in store, I wouldn't buy it. (Perhaps that's why so much of what I get from Kohl's online is ONLY available online?) 

I have had parts of orders cancelled after they realized it's not actually in stock (usually a week after your order), and THAT is frustrating when you're counting on it. 

Just not worth the frustration. 

This is one of my biggest pet peeves with online ordering, but it is not store specific it seems. I have ordered umpteen times from one clothing store with no problems but then one time they were out of stock of the shoes I ordered for dd to wear with her Christmas dress. When I had to reorder shoes for her I couldn't find a deal as good but luckily I had enough time. I've experienced this with third party sellers on Amazon as well. Camelcamelcamel told me an item went on sale. I jumped on it and later found out it was canceled. Ugh.

• Like 1

Kohls sometimes has issues.  I would donate the jersey and forget about it.  LeeAnn can get her money back when she calls them.  This year I ordered 5 pillows.  One shipped in it's own box, then I got 2 boxes of 4 pillows each.  Since I just paid $2 for each pillow, I didn't even bother calling to try to mail back a HUGE box of pillows... I didn't open the boxes, and assumed it was just my regular order until a week or so before Christmas. I've also ordered boys tennis shoes, and recieved 4" heels!  They told me to keep them.  One year I had a pair of extra house shoes in with the erst of my order, and was also told to just keep them.  I haven't ever had any issues with them not refunding me for items not recieved, and I just assume the few times they mess up, no one is perfect. 

• Like 1

I hate Kohls. Two Christmases ago, I order a Fiesta bowl. They shipped it in a plastic bag with no protection at all. What???

So, I returned it to the store (it is close to me). None in stock there so I had to get a refund. And, since I took advantage of the sale *and* added a coupon on top of that, they didn't refund the entire amount that I paid. I think it cost me $2 to return that bowl. I called up Customer Service and complained. They sent me a small gift card and explained that is the way they do business.

So, I made the mistake of falling for their sales again this Christmas. Small song, second verse.

I will not go to Kohl's again. I tired of their cluttered, products every which way and every where, their lack of staff, their many low quality items, just generally not a pleasant shopping experience. Everything is overpriced (IMO), but you do have those great sales with great coupons. 

• Like 1

I hate Kohls. Two Christmases ago, I order a Fiesta bowl. They shipped it in a plastic bag with no protection at all. What???

So, I returned it to the store (it is close to me). None in stock there so I had to get a refund. And, since I took advantage of the sale *and* added a coupon on top of that, they didn't refund the entire amount that I paid. I think it cost me $2 to return that bowl. I called up Customer Service and complained. They sent me a small gift card and explained that is the way they do business.

So, I made the mistake of falling for their sales again this Christmas. Small song, second verse.

I will not go to Kohl's again. I tired of their cluttered, products every which way and every where, their lack of staff, their many low quality items, just generally not a pleasant shopping experience. Everything is overpriced (IMO), but you do have those great sales with great coupons. 

Yes, I strongly dislike every aspect of the way they do things. I have local friends who rave about them, but I'd rather use Target or the local Marshall's.

I told hubby about my latest email. He said I have more tolerance than he does.

I said, ok, I am going to donate them. He said he wanted to look at them first.

He is not A sports fan, even if we live in Michigan. He is never going to wear a size 3X Detroit Tigers jersey.He wears a medium to large!!!

I ordered three items from Kohls before Christmas. Box came, and one item was correct, but the two on sale shirts for son had morphed into more expensive woman's leg warmers (which daughter was happy to take!). The sales slip did have the missing shirts listed, not the leg warmers. Later i got the shirts even cheaper (better sale) at the local Kohls anyway.

It's funny you mention leg warmers. I ordered a pair of leggings and leg warmers. I received the leggings and a green long sleeve shirt. After going around in circles with customer service, I kept the shirt and found the leggings at the store.

So you got your items AND hers? I'd just let it go at this point and let LeeAnn fight for a refund on her end. Donate the items.

Add me to the list of people who hates Kohl's and avoids it as much as possible. I have had fairly good luck ordering Fiesta ware with their sales, but I hate hate hate the store. It's a cluttered mess and the lines go on forever.

ONe of my local friends on face book mentioned that she had lost her Kohls card or it was stolen.  She attempted to report it to them.  The customer service were overseas workers and all they offered was to send her a replacement card with the same number as the card that was missing.  She was not impressed.

You do not have to send it back. And after all the emails, phone calls, and their demands that you do it on your own dime, I wouldn't bother.

https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0181-unordered-merchandise

I learned this because a few years ago we got some unexpected money at the same time that our wedding china had was discontinued, so we used the extra funds to round out our china collection. One of the platters I ordered was incorrect (the box was labeled correctly but the plate inside was not the right one), and I was surprised when they told me just to keep it. China platters aren't cheap, and I was willing to work with them to get it returned! But I did a little digging and learned they were not allowed to charge me or demand its return, because I hadn't actually ordered it in the first place.

On another occasion I ordered perfume from a company, followed its tracking, and was surprised when it went from "out for delivery" to "returned to warehouse." Turned out the bottle had broken and it was discovered by my local mail carrier, but it took a long time to sort out, and in the end I received two bottles of perfume because their customer service wasn't quite in sync. I felt partially to blame because I hadn't paid a lot of attention to who I was talking to or how it was recorded, (though they should have been a little more on their toes!), so I said I'd be happy to return it to them if they provided shipping and pick-up. They took me up on it and all I had to do was slap on the free return label and set it on my porch for FedEx or whatever to get. Took me all of a minute to arrange and carry out. I wouldn't lift a finger to do more than that in the OP's situation.