Menu

Panini Press....even better than my Instant Pot

Ottakee

I am LOVING my new panini press I bought myself for Christmas.

We have made many sandwiches on it with regular bread, fancy breads, hamburger buns, tortillas, etc.  We have filled them with lunch meat and cheese, pizza sauce and cheese (and toppings), Mexican fillings, etc.  My super picky guy likes cheese between 2 flour tortillas grilled for a few minutes.

Right now I am eating a grilled burrito.  I warmed up a flour tortilla and put taco seasoned shredded chicken, some refried beans, and taco cheese on it and rolled it up like a burrito and grilled in the press for a few minutes.  Topped it off with guacamole and fresh queso.  Last night when I made them I had fresh tomatoes, lettuce and sour cream as well.

I do like my instant pot and used that today to boil eggs but this panini press is getting a much more frequent workout. 

• Like 5

You just reminded me to get out my Mom's panini press when we go visit.  For a few years, that was our fun go-to gadget.  We loved making breakfast sandwiches using a croissant (or bread), cheese, scrambled eggs, and breakfast meat for those who like it.  They were so yummy!

How is it different than using a skillet? I mean, aside from the obvious part about cooking two sides at once. ;)

It makes fun little lines in the food and no need to used butter, etc. I find it faster since it does do both sides at once and I can do 2 sandwiches at the same time. It can also press down the sandwich which is nice for some thicker ones. Just fun and easy to use.

• Like 1

How is it different than using a skillet? I mean, aside from the obvious part about cooking two sides at once. ;)

That's what I wonder too. DH wanted to get me one, but a cast iron skillet is so easy and there's no clean up or need for yet another appliance. That's me, though. I'm glad you are enjoying your new toy! :)

Disclaimer: I've never found a crock pot to be easier than a regular pot, either. So clearly I have issues. :)

• Like 2

I do like the instant pot but I am a crock pot lover. I think part of it is the learning curve. Last week I made a roast for Sunday dinner in the Instant pot. Problem was it wasn't done and I had to repressurize and then cook more. With my crock pot I would have known how long to make it fall apart tender.

• Like 1

That's what I wonder too. DH wanted to get me one, but a cast iron skillet is so easy and there's no clean up or need for yet another appliance. That's me, though. I'm glad you are enjoying your new toy! :)

Disclaimer: I've never found a crock pot to be easier than a regular pot, either. So clearly I have issues.

You could get a cast iron panini press to use with your skillet. 

• Like 2

I love ours. We bought an extra large one that has interchangeable plates. We purchased deep Belgian waffle plates for it. This replaced both our waffle iron and regular griddle while still having The groved/grill side for the paninis. I believe we can cook 4 large waffles at a time or two super large paninis. Ours is cuisinart brand and something we use all the time. Just bought the instapot but haven't used it yet.

We got a panini press for Christmas and I love it! We've had so many yummy sandwiches. I'm going to try it out with healthier bread though. I've seen some good vegan recipes I'd like to try. I don't normally eat this much meat or cheese and I don't want to get in the habit. But everything tastes better pressed! I don't usually like a sandwich. The ham and Brie is my favorite so far. Warm Brie makes everything taste delicious!