Menu

what are YOUR favorite snack foods

ProudGrandma

Pumpkin seeds.

Veggies with Guacamole or Hummus.

Air popped popcorn.

Apple with any sort of nut butter

Dates at this time of year

Banana "nice" cream:   Freeze overripe peeled bananas, broken in half.  When hungry, put several in your food processor with a bit of unsweetened almond milk, extracts of choice ( I use vanilla and caramel, but butter and almond and vanilla are also good - smells like frosting), a handful of frozen berries (cherries are my favorite), and pulse until it has a soft serve consistency. Top with a handful of mini dark chocolate chips.  Feel virtuous as you eat it.

• Like 3

Banana "nice" cream:   Freeze overripe peeled bananas, broken in half.  When hungry, put several in your food processor with a bit of unsweetened almond milk, extracts of choice ( I use vanilla and caramel, but butter and almond and vanilla are also good - smells like frosting), a handful of frozen berries (cherries are my favorite), and pulse until it has a soft serve consistency. Top with a handful of mini dark chocolate chips.  Feel virtuous as you eat it.

This! It's SO good. I mix in peanut butter or walnuts or cocoa powder (sometimes cocoa powder and peanut butter!) But it's yummy just plain too. I buy big bunches of bananas so there will always be some brown ones ready to freeze. It is decadent :)

I add a bit of light or heavy cream. Put your liquid in a tiny tbs at a time. You'll think you need more but then it's too liquidy. It takes a few minutes for the processor to get it smooth.

roasted chickpeas

carrots and hummus

hard boiled eggs

apples & pb

nuts of any kind

kefir

fruit

dark chocolate

These are almost exactly the same as my favorites. :)

I prefer my apple with no pb though.

I'll add to the list air-popped popcorn with real melted butter (not a lot)

My all time favorite snack is chips and salsa, but that's not what I would call healthy (not in the quantities I eat it anyway!)