Menu

Want Some Fun? Help Me Think Of Bad Baby Names.

My college roomie and friend for 20 years is having a baby. She's been walking around dialated to a 6 for the past 10 days, but shows no sign of labor.

She and her dh have not picked out any names for their new son, and have rejected all the cool ones I've suggested. :glare:

As a joke, I'd like to inundate them with really bad names. Can you help me? Their last name sounds like (but is NOT spelled like) Lye'- shnur.

Thank you!

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My college roomie and friend for 20 years is having a baby. She's been walking around dialated to a 6 for the past 10 days, but shows no sign of labor.

She and her dh have not picked out any names for their new son, and have rejected all the cool ones I've suggested. :glare:

As a joke, I'd like to inundate them with really bad names. Can you help me? Their last name sounds like (but is NOT spelled like) Lye'- shnur.

Thank you!

My nephews name is Landon Crash Jackson. Yeah, say his first and middle name fast. Yes, my brother did that on purpose.

“There was no shortage of uncommon names for little boys in 2007 either. Topping the list is an Adonis [1,789], Blue-Quill [unique!], Corny [267], Felony [11], Furious [7], Geronimo [5,993], Gretzky [unique!], Hinton [5,862], Jackpine [8], Jesus [101, 382, though I’m sure a lot of these are Jesús], Kajun [unique!], Ivy [of course there were a lot of girls named this, but as I scanned the 159,763 entries, I did find a lot of men with this name too], Little [49,875], Maxxamillion [52 with one X], Milwaukee [11], Obsidian-Angel [unique! though there are 60,410 Angels], Rainbow [749], Salmon [8,689], Slim [1,671], Stylez [1], Tao [335] and Zero [896]. There were also three Blazes [723]….

from this site.

Feel free to forward my Great-grandfather's name - Romulus DeVann - 'cause I'll never use it!!! :001_huh:

Grandfather's in my case -- Virgil Dewey. He went by VeeDee for short. His brother's name? Eardly (pronounced Urd'ly). My great grands must have had some real issues. ;)

I don't know if they're bad names, but I heard these names hollered on the playground over the weekend: Diesel, Rocket, Ranger, Gunner, and Fidelis. We live near a military base.

My husband has a friend from high school who's last name is Daniels. He named his sons Jack and Charlie.

I don't know if they're bad names, but I heard these names hollered on the playground over the weekend: Diesel, Rocket, Ranger, Gunner, and Fidelis. We live near a military base.

My husband has a friend from high school who's last name is Daniels. He named his sons Jack and Charlie.

This cracked me up! :lol:

I once read a birth announcement for twins named Twierra and Twinerra. Went to school with a guy named "Iv" which was a nickname for being a So-and-so the Fourth (IV). There was also a Thold.

This site should get them laughing (ETA: Warning -- some irreverent and off color humor therein).

Edited by Doran

Wow. I know or have known dogs whose names were Diesel, Rocket, Ranger, Gunner and Fidelis. But kids?

astrid (whose daughter answers to the #1 dog name in the country-- "Molly.")

Not bad, but unique. Names of my friend C's kids.. Yes, real and legal names. Yes, all one family.

Exclamation Mark

Theomatic

Mirth

Sparowe

Basiliskos

Other unusual names of people I know

Ebephania

Amerika

same family:

Misty Blu

Strawberry Field

Patsie and her twin Potsie (named after Aunt Potsie!)

“There was no shortage of uncommon names for little boys in 2007 either. Topping the list is an Adonis [1,789], Blue-Quill [unique!], Corny [267], Felony [11], Furious [7], Geronimo [5,993],

from this site.

OK, that's funny -

My bro and sil named their little one Atticus Geronimo - we thought Atticus was cool, but Geronimo? Now I see they're in good company!!! Who'da thunk it??

Track and Trig. :lol:

There. I have restraint.

I apologize. Really. I do!

To make it up I'll also suggest "Beau." :D

astrid

That is really funny that you suggested Trig because my bf in high school was named Astri and her brother was Trig.

Is Astrid your real name, because I love it!

PS...I like Trig too! :001_smile:

Madysen, Emily, Haley, Sydney, Abby, Emma. I am practically tripping over all these kids with those names! They are everywhere! Not bad names, per se, but names I am personally...over.

I like Rocket, personally. And Crash. Wish I'd thought of those for my girls, they are *so* fitting!:lol:

Our then-4yo wanted to change his name to

Jolly Roger

And ftr, he would be *thrilled* to be Anakin since he just saw Star Wars! :lol:

My bil joked that he wanted to name his boy 'Nub'.

When I was in the hosp with our second dd and had changed my mind about her name (which we had picked out YEARS before!), dh came up with a list of names that included Lucy MacGillicutty. Oh...so tempting.... :)

I used to tease my students that I was going to name our son Matthew, but just call him Math.

I once had a student whose name was "Lizzy Borden."

Yep. If you had the last name "Borden" and wanted to use the first name "Elizabeth" don't you think you'd at least refrain from using the nickname "Lizzie?" They thought was different enough because they used a "y" instead of an "ie" like the ax murderess. :001_huh: It gave me the creeps, and I called her "Bordie" (she was on my softball team, so a 'team nickname' was cool then.)

astrid

I know of someone who named their child Summer-Breezz (pronounced Summer Breeze). It screams out trailer trash to me but then maybe i am just being horrible and narrow minded?

*starts humming "Summer breeze, makes me feel fine"*

I should be able to shoot you off the site for putting that song in my head tonight!! :glare:

Jen

First off you have to understand that my husband and I are far - trillions of light years- from being a racist. We just liked "Roots" a whole lot and are really goofy.

Our last name starts with a K- I will use "Kerry" in place of my real last name because it has the same number of syllables and sounds sort of similar...anyway....

Until we found out we were having a girl and decided on a name, we called our unborn child Kunta "Kerry":tongue_smilie:

Mom of Emma and Abby:

Oh no! I have truly never seen your signature line with your girls names. Most people use nicknames, so I while I figured there were a few with with girls with those names on here somewhere, I had no way of knowing for sure. I'm sorry if I upset you- they are lovely names! I just am literally tripping over them at gymnastics, the park, etc these days. We have cousins with those names, too, several sets, same names!

FWIW, or to make you feel better, one of my children's names is on this thread as a horrible name. Only, we quite like it, LOL. So does she, as I'm sure your Emma and Abby do!

Ohhh....it's taking GREAT restraint for me not to suggest... Track and Trig. :lol:

There. I have restraint.

I apologize. Really. I do!

I have to say, I've taken great enjoyment thinking of what other names would "go" with Track and Trig... (Regardless of the other names that family actually chose...)

So I'm thinking any siblings of "Track" and "Trig" ought to have been...

Chem

Shop

Lit

Field

Calc

Bio

Sosh

Art

Chess

Lang