Menu

What if.....you had a vending machine in your house

Tap

I was reading this article/slideshow and it made me think.....hmmmm, what if I had a vending machine! Thinking about the pizza machine, made me wonder, if I could invent a machine that I just filled with ingredients and it did the work for me, what would it be? (description of pizza vending machine below)

I can't decide between home baked muffins and fresh baked bread.  Either or both... even if I didn't eat them, my house would smell wonderful. 

I would love to walk up to a box in my kitchen, put in a quarter, and get my favorite muffin.  Lemon poppy seed, morning glory, blueberry....oh the choices I could imagine. 

Or, a nice whole grain roll to go with dinner, or a crusty roll with my soup, or a french roll for my pasta. MMMMMMM!  

My brain wandered to a hot fluffy towel machine, a homemade yogurt flavor mixer, an ice cream customizer, but of course a money printing version would be nice too LOL

How about you?  What would you invent?

If you don't want to read the article, the pizza vending machine description:

An Italian entrepreneur named Claudio Torghele decided that what the world needed was a machine that could make and cook a pizza in just a few minutes, so he developed these Let’s Pizza machines. There are four kinds of pies to choose from, and the customer can watch the process and have a hot pie in their mouth in about two-and-a-half minutes. Rumor has it that these will appear outdoors in the United States in the future, but for now you have to go to Europe to test them out.

Mental Floss

Andrew Lasane 

January 4, 2016

Edited by Tap
  • Like 2

Starbucks Cinnamon Dolce Latte.  I mean, I have all the ingredients, but it's never the same as going out.  I would want it to be the same as going out.

Chocolate waffles with real Vermont maple syrup.  Crispy but not too dark.  Belgian shape.

Ben and Jerry's Honey Cinnamon Rum ice cream.  Yes, I know it's not a flavor they sell.  But it's a flavor that they USED TO sell at at their original store in Burlington, Vermont.

Parisian brand San Francisco sourdough French bread.  

Drat, I am getting hungry.

This probably sounds trivial, but a salad machine. I so much enjoy having a wonderful salad with intentional ingredients, such as a spinach/strawberry/pecan/feta salad, or a baby greens/tomato/salami/hot pepper/mozerella salad. A good Cobb salad. An Asian salad. All these, very healthful and delicious to me...whatever is it that keeps me from eating them daily? I find them boring to assemble. It seems like a lot of trouble to go to for just my own lunch.

• Like 22

This probably sounds trivial, but a salad machine. I so much enjoy having a wonderful salad with intentional ingredients, such as a spinach/strawberry/pecan/feta salad, or a baby greens/tomato/salami/hot pepper/mozerella salad. A good Cobb salad. An Asian salad. All these, very healthful and delicious to me...whatever is it that keeps me from eating them daily? I find them boring to assemble. It seems like a lot of trouble to go to for just my own lunch.

Yes!

This sounds like me. I don't like making salad. I remember telling dh years ago that I liked salads that I had to pay someone else to make. :tongue_smilie:

• Like 1

This sounds like me. I don't like making salad. I remember telling dh years ago that I liked salads that I had to pay someone else to make. :tongue_smilie:

Yes! Exactly! Often I'm at a restaurant, eating a delicious saladI am perfectly capable of making, asking myself why I pay someone eight dollars to make this.

• Like 2

One that will serve a steaming bowl of " I don't care." This is what everyone requests for dinner so....

I wish mine ordered I don't care.  Instead they order, "What do we have?"  then as we go through I get, "Nah, nah, nah, yuck, nah"

I have given up and said we are having make your own.

• Like 1

I thought you meant a regular snack vending machine and the kids would have to pay to get snacks. Now that is genius.

I need this.

Mom will fund one snack a day, and then the rest you'll have to earn by doing chores.  Clean house, fed kids, and enough $ to buy next week's snacks.

• Like 1

Yes! Yes! Yes!  There are SO many kinds of delicious salads…..but buying and prepping also prevents me from eating them as much!

• Like 1

I thought you meant a regular snack vending machine and the kids would have to pay to get snacks. Now that is genius.

This is what I was thinking. I could load it up with healthy and junk snacks and the kids will have to pay whenever they want a snack. And the machine won't be refilled until all the snacks are gone.

Also, I love the salad idea. I love salad and a salad I paid someone else to make tastes so much better.

If I had a vending machine, I think at first I'd want junk food but after I got that out of my system, I agree with Quill. I'd prefer a machine that makes good for me food. The reason I don't eat as much good for me food is that it's a bear to prepare. It's easy to make the processed stuff, but it takes work to make the good stuff. So my vending machine would have some sort of light chicken meals, salads, fish, etc.

• Like 2

For me, the other problem with making great salads is the leftover ingredients.  If I buy all that produce, I intend to use all that produce, but the quantities never match up, so then I'm trying to figure out what to do with the rest of it before it goes bad.... but then I run out of spinach but buying more would leave me with lots of extra spinach and no goodies to add to it...  Sigh.

How about a "non-food" vending machine?

It might be useful and fun to have a machine that would, for example, only dispense the next chapter of a book when I'd finished a chore, or if I stuck to my eating plan, or was kind that day, or whatever I'm working on. Sort of a reward system that let me be less of a grown up... :laugh:

• Like 2