Menu

How often do you change your sheets?

How often do you change your sheets?  

1. 1. How often do you change your sheets?

• Each day
    • At least twice per week
    • Weekly
    • Every two weeks
    • Every three weeks
    • Every four weeks
    • More than four-week intervals
    • I never change my sheets
    • I don't use sheets
    • Other

It depends on the situation:

DH and my bed is weekly

DD (2) is every other day.

DS is every day. It's a pain, but he is a bedwetter and we've to find nightime support that doesn't leak.

The older girls are supposed to change their sheets weekly, but they don't unless I remind them. I tried to wait them out once but got grossed out at week 5. :001_huh:

I wash all sheets (4 twin sets, 1 king), covers/blankets (not my comforter) about every 3 weeks. We're a family that showers every day, doesn't sleep in clothes worn that day, doesn't eat in bed, etc., so I don't think more often is necessary.

No fabric refresher. Does it really work? I've not used it.

What about you, rockermom?

Chelle

Chelle

I said "other," because while my ideal is every week, it doesn't happen that way. My bed usually does, because I have a cat who likes to gak on it. :glare:

The girls have bunk beds and they are hard to change, so I avoid it. I need to get a housekeeping schedule going and put it on there. Perhaps then I would remember to do it more often.

The baby's bed gets changed when I remember to do it, which isn't often - I usually think about it when I'm getting ready to put him down for a nap. He doesn't often have accidents through his diaper so it's not too bad.

We do shower every day too, so it's not like we go to bed dirty. We don't eat in bed either. I guess since my mom did it every week, that's my frame of reference and what I would like. It's not my reality right now though.

Gee, I'm a once a monther here. We shower before bed, have no critters sleeping with us, nor do we eat in bed. We let the sheets air each morning while we eat breakfast...most days. Then we make up the bed to keep it clean.

Ds is getting into the habit of washing weekly because he has problems with allergies and that helps.

I try not to do any more housework than absolutely necessary. It makes you ugly, you know. ;)

Night showerers here. So once every other week for sure--if there's extra room in the light load, then every week. (I just got a Cabrio washing machine, which is so huge that I can do ALL our weekly laundry in 2 loads, white/light and dark, with room left over! It's AWESOME!) The comforters go in every other week.

I wash when I think they need it - usually somewhere around once a week, sometimes more often ;) or less often :(. I could never do the regular wash day thing. Too exhausting.

I don't do any refresher other than fresh air. I pull the bed covers back for about an hour or so before making the bed. Airing the bed out keeps it fresher (and I read an article that confirms that:). I had to train my kids to do this because their beds were just smellier.

Somewhere between a week to two weeks. Ideally I'd like to change them once a week, but we have too much other laundry going on to fit the bedding into the schedule. DH and I have a king-size bed and when I change bedding I wash *everything* including mattress pads and mattelasse coverlet...dust mite phobia here.

In addition to showering before bed, we also flip the covers back in the morning and put the ceiling fan on high for 15-30 minutes. This really helps in avoiding musty smells. If we didn't do that I'd be changing sheets every 3-4 days, I think. I read about that trick in a book...the name isn't coming to me right now. Cheryl Somebody is the author?? Anal-Retentive Housewife Manual?? ;) Not really...it's Home Something or Other...someone else knows what I'm talking about, right?

I do all the beds weekly, but I do each room on a different day. there is always somebody's sheets on the line. .

my husband has chemical sensitivities, and I cannot wash his/my sheets with any detergent. I use almost boiling water, and it does the trick. everyone else in the family has their sheets washed with the allergy detergent that I buy from the allergist.

I think that spraying the sheets with air fresher or whatever would be very unhealthy. open the windows instead and let the room have a good air.

In addition to showering before bed, we also flip the covers back in the morning and put the ceiling fan on high for 15-30 minutes. This really helps in avoiding musty smells. If we didn't do that I'd be changing sheets every 3-4 days, I think. I read about that trick in a book...the name isn't coming to me right now. Cheryl Somebody is the author?? Anal-Retentive Housewife Manual?? ;) Not really...it's Home Something or Other...someone else knows what I'm talking about, right?

Home Comforts: The Art and Science of Keeping House by Cheryl Mendelson

:001_smile: