Menu

Amazed at the things people tell the world

Moxie

I'm always amazed at the bumper stickers people put in their vehicles. Really?? You have one chance to tell me about yourself and that is what you say??

Today took the cake. There was a truck in front of me with "Hung Like A Horse" proudly written on the back window.

1) If you need to say it, it most likely isn't true and 2) "His truck said he was hung like a horse so I just had to call him up to find out!" said no woman, ever!! and 3) what does your Mama think of that??

• Like 22

I'm always amazed at the bumper stickers people put in their vehicles. Really?? You have one chance to tell me about yourself and that is what you say??

Today took the cake. There was a truck in front of me with "Hung Like A Horse" proudly written on the back window.

1) If you need to say it, it most likely isn't true and 2) "His truck said he was hung like a horse so I just had to call him up to find out!" said no woman, ever!! and 3) what does your Mama think of that??

When I was still living in Idaho one of the young college ladies I went to school with had a boyfriend with the same bumper sticker, as well as a shiny set of metal testicles that dangled from the bumper.

Then he cheated on her. Not that I am advocating this, lol, but she keyed into his paint job a second line so that it said:

'Hung Like a Horse...but I am really an A$$!'

• Like 20

My favorite recently was a small car.  In one corner was an 'piss on your stick family' image.  On the other corner was a little boy kneeling before a cross in prayer.

Those images just really didn't belong together.  LOL  

• Like 5

I don't understand half of what people put on their cars.  Around here, at least, it is common to put your favorite vacation destination on your car, but in code.  A white oval with "HH" on it is "Hilton Head."  A blue circle with "30A" means you like to vacation on the Florida Gulf Coast, a region that has impressively rebranded itself as "30A" (after the highway that connects the towns), instead of Redneck Riviera, which apparently wasn't doing much for them.  Anyway, why do we advertise our vacation destinations on our cars?  I can see magnets for your kids' activities--you want to support the small businesses that your family values.  But your vacation region?  Not getting it.

Having worked with horses most of my life, I'm not so sure it's a compliment of any sort anyway.  The vast majority of male horses end up with theirs removed.  We have one getting the procedure done tomorrow actually.  They tend to be much better companion-wise afterward.  ;)

My favorite recently was a small car.  In one corner was an 'piss on your stick family' image.  On the other corner was a little boy kneeling before a cross in prayer.

Those images just really didn't belong together.  LOL  

Mixed marriage each claiming a section of the window?  

I don't understand half of what people put on their cars.  Around here, at least, it is common to put your favorite vacation destination on your car, but in code.  A white oval with "HH" on it is "Hilton Head."  A blue circle with "30A" means you like to vacation on the Florida Gulf Coast, a region that has impressively rebranded itself as "30A" (after the highway that connects the towns), instead of Redneck Riviera, which apparently wasn't doing much for them.  Anyway, why do we advertise our vacation destinations on our cars?  I can see magnets for your kids' activities--you want to support the small businesses that your family values.  But your vacation region?  Not getting it.

There are tons of these all around.  Each time I see one all I think of is how boring it must be to go to the same place year in and year out, but then again, I'm a wanderer.

On our car we have stickers supporting our boys' colleges.  Others probably don't give a hoot, but my boys like knowing we're supportive and proud of where they've chosen.  One of these days we might even get one from our own Alma mater.  We used to have a license plate holder, but it broke a couple of vehicles ago and we haven't replaced it.

• Like 1

Traveling down the interstate yesterday I was behind a girl, seemed to be young 20s, with many stickers on the back of her car.  One said 'B!TCH", another was a saying that included FCK, and other various inappropriate ones that I was glad my DD was not noticing.  My second thought was did this kid ever plan to get a job?  I just couldn't imagine any business wanting this car parked in its parking lot.  

• Like 2

The ones that give me a chuckle are the Salt Life stickers as we're so far from the ocean. :001_rolleyes:  I hadn't thought to check whether they also have 30A or OBX stickers.

I haven't seen it in awhile but I always shook my head at the sticker proclaiming the driver was only speeding because they really need to poop.  :001_huh:

• Like 2

I lived in NC 5 years before I knew what OBX meant.  

The ones that give me a chuckle are the Salt Life stickers as we're so far from the ocean. :001_rolleyes:  I hadn't thought to check whether they also have 30A or OBX stickers.

I haven't seen it in awhile but I always shook my head at the sticker proclaiming the driver was only speeding because they really need to poop.  :001_huh:

• Like 2

This! Especially number 1. I think it is wishful thinking. Because if you really were, your guy friends and girl friends would do your advertising for you :lol:

Do people in NC vacation in the outer banks. I thought everyone who went there was from VA. I do know a couple people from DE and PA who go there too.

LOL.  I grew up 1 county over from the OBX and we vacationed there every (or every other) summer.  (Not counting day trips...)  Many of the people we socialized with did some sort of vacation in the OBX.